Web Survey Bibliography
Title Introduction: A Debate about the Ethics of Fair Practices for Collecting Social Science Data in Cyberspace
Author Thomas, J.
Source The Information Society, 12, 2, pp. 107-118
Database Ingenta Select
Access date 21.07.2004
Abstract Most of us prefer "doing right" to the opposite. But sometimes it is not easy to determine either what constitutes right conduct or how to do it. In this special ethics issue of TIS, scholars involved in cyberspace research explore the problem of "doing right" in terms of research subjects. The participants here draw from their own research and the ethical dilemmas they confronted. The offerings illustrate how diverse ethical theories can lead to different views over which, or even whether, new formal guidelines are needed for on-line research.
Access/Direct link Ingenta Select (full text)
Year of publication1996
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6476)
- The reach and frequency approach to advertising planning on the Internet; 2002; Coffey, S., Mazumdar, M.
- Online research alternatives. Choices, choices, but which one is best for me?; 2002; Klein, C., Lonnie, K.
- User-centric Internet measurement and its role in media planning; 2002; O’Connell, F.
- Site-centric measurement. Can traditional panels meet the new standard?; 2002; FitzGerald, J.
- Monitoring Internet audience measurement panels. Methodological issues and market trends; 2002; Haering, H.
- Computing unique user counts from server log files. Comparative analysis of varying methods; 2002; Bennett, R. P., Hanson, S. J., Guenther, S. A., Stone, M.
- Beyond demographic variables: Using psychographic research to narrate the story of Internet users; 2002; Dutta -Bergman, M. J.
- Virtual Selves and Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Couper, M. P., Vohar, M., Rivas, S., Vehovar, V.
- Do Mail and Web Surveys Provide Same Results?; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Measuring web-based service quality; 2002; Li, Y. N., Tan, K. C., Xie, M.
- The market for electronic newspapers in the Arab world; 2002; AlShehri, F., Gunter, B.
- Collective action in the age of the Internet: Mass communication and online mobilization; 2002; Brunsting, S., Postmes, T.
- Perceptual differences of marketing journals: A worldwide perspective; 2002; Theoharakis, V., Hirst, A.
- The feasibility of a Web-based surveillance system to collect health risk behavior data from college...; 2002; Pealer, L. N., Weiler, R. M., Pigg Jr., R. M., Miller, D., Dorman, S. M.
- Research note: Online journalism in the low countries - Basic, occupational and professional characteristics...; 2002; Deuze, M., Paulussen, S.
- Do Web surveys really gain lower response rates than other survey modes? A meta-analysis; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- World in Figures: A Multilingual Internet Application for Statistical Data Dissemination with an Online...; 2002; Kuti, S., Vag, A.
- New Ways of Survey Data Collection: Touchscreens; 2002; Weichbold, M.
- A Comparison of Response Rate, Response Time, and Costs of Mail and Electronic Surveys; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Bradshaw, C. C.
- Describing response behavior in websurveys using client side paradata; 2002; Heerwegh, D.
- Learning the Web: Internet User Experience and Response to Web Marketing in Sweden; 2002; Dahlen, M.
- The Internet and knowledge gaps - A theoretical and empirical investigation; 2002; Bonfadelli, H.
- The Digital Divide, Individuals and Governance: Opportunities and Challenges; 2002; Reddick, A.
- Community Access and the Digital Divide: with Maritime Subtitles; 2002; Rideout, V.
- New Technologies and Survey Data Collection: Challenges and Opportunities; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- ICT and Business Performance in Italy; 2002; de Panizza, A., Nascia, L., Nurra, A., Oropallo, F., Riccardini, F.
- Information And Communication Technologies And E-Commerce In Basque Companies: A Statistical Approach...; 2002; Moran Alaez, E.
- The Digital Divide: Diffusion and use of ICTs; 2002; Montagnier, P., Muller, E., Vickery, G.
- The EU surveys on ICT usage of enterprises; 2002; Deiss, R.
- Visual Design Effects in Web Surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- The Use of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research in the Field of Engineering; 2002; Roztocki, N., Morgan, S. D.
- Nonresponse Error and Mode Effects in Web-based Surveys; 2002; Dean, L.
- Incorporating Internet Surveys into Mixed-Mode Survey Designs; 2002; Tarnai, J.
- Cognitive processes in Web Surveys; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Interactive Aspects of Web Surveys: Lack of Use, Ease of Use and User Models; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Does Propensity Score Weighting Work for Web Surveys?; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Weighting Issues in Web-Surveys; 2002; Varedian, M.
- Recruiting respondents for web surveys: random and other samples; 2002; Schonlau, M.
- The development and administration of a population based Multimedia Computer Assisted Self Interview...; 2002; Robinson, E. M., Watson, P. D., Clark, T. C., Ameratunga, S. N.
- Determinants of Web mode choice in a ''Web and paper'' survey in a high education population; 2002; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- Successful Recruitment for Online Access Panels; 2002; Goeritz, A.
- Building Relationships with Portal Users: The Interplay of Motivation and Relational Factors; 2002; Yoon, D., Cropp, F., Cameron, G.
- The Impact of the Internet on Society; 2002; Allin, P., Bowman, J., Cooper-Green, E. J., Randall, C.
- Can Adopters Narrow the Digital Divide? The Case of Greece; 2002; Leandros, N.
- Measuring the Digital Divide; 2002; Riccardini, F., Fazio, M.
- Proprietary market research: are online panels appropriate?; 2002; McDevitt, P. K., Small, M. H.
- Visual Analog Scales: Do they have a role in the measurement of preferences for health states?; 2001; Torrance, G. W., Feeny, D., Furlong, W.
- Trends in household survey nonresponse: A longitudinal and international comparison; 2001; de Leeuw, E. D., de Heer, W.
- The construction of attitudes; 2001; Schwarz, N., Bohnerd, G.
- Subscale distance and item clustering effects in self-administered surveys: A new metric; 2001; Bradlow, E. T., Fitzsimons, G. J.