Web Survey Bibliography
Title Ask a CyberQuestion! Understanding the Online Customer
Author Pring, D.
Access date 22.07.2004
Abstract Currently, there are few owners but many challengers for dominance in cyberspace. Increasingly, there is commercial pressure to justify Internet investment and establish the effectiveness of the Web as a medium for customer communication. Many Web sites are beginning to respond by collecting data about their visitors, attempting to capture their origin, monitoring movements within the site and adding registration and customer questionnaires. With non-professionals collecting and acting on such data, there is the very grave concern of misinterpretation and misrepresentation of information. This paper examines the development of the Internet as its relates to marketing and the role of online customer research. It looks at the changing relationship between marketer and customers, the impact of virtual communities, the development of one-to-one relationship marketing and overlays the principal tracks that market research is taking in terms of the Internet as a medium for measurement and as a data collection tool. It examines the research tools available online; the dynamics of data collection, issues of respondent selection, privacy, security and the future direction, concerns and opportunities for the industry.
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Marketing/business (693)
- Pinpointing Your Research Objectives: Ensuring Your Efforts Result In Useful, Actionable Information; 2001; Wolf, M.
- Linking Customer Service Performance To Bottom Line Financial Results; 2001; Yeomans, J.
- Using Web-Based Technology For Effective Product Design, Testing And Development; 2001; Gnall, B.
- Practicalities of Implementing an Inhouse Internet-Based Market Research Capability for Product Tracking...; 2001; Cookson, P.
- Sensitivity of E-Commerce measurement to the survey instrument; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z.
- A Web-Based Program of Research on Decision Making; 2001; Birnbaum, M. H.
- Understanding Unit-Nonresponse in Web-based Surveys; 2001; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L.
- Everything You Need To Know About Online Data Collection Regulations; 2001; Ustaran, E.
- Assessing the use of Internet surveys in the context of advertisement tracking studies: a case study...; 2001; Dossa, K. B., Williams, P.
- Consumer privacy and online marketing: Bringing the human back into the picture; 2001; Brooks, L., Airey, A.
- Probability Based Internet Surveys: A Synopsis of Early Methods and Survey Research Results; 2001; Huggins, V. J.
- Old, new make up today's surveys.; 2000; James, D.
- Marktforschung mit Online Panels: State of the Art; 2000; Goeritz, A., Reinhold, N., Batinic, B.
- Online marketing research comes of age; 2000; Rubin, J.
- Quality Control in Online Market Research; 2000; Gottfried, N.
- Internet-Based Evaluation of Tourism Web Site Effectiveness: Methodological Issues and Survey Results...; 2000; Tierney, P.
- Moving Marketing Research Activities to the Internet: A Decision Framework for Determining Value; 2000; Irons, K.
- Privacy in Market Research: Rights, Responsibilities and Remedies; 2000; Murphy, P. E.
- Global Consumer Research via the Internet: Opportunities, Challenges and Solutions; 2000; Monster, R. W., Vag, A.
- The Handbook of Online Marketing Research: Knowing Your Customer Using the Net; 2000; Grossnickle, J., Raskin, O.
- Establishing and Managing Online Research Panels; 2000; Harris, W.
- Online Data Collection - A Case Study; 2000; Hase, P., Kaplan-Sherman, R.
- Using online focus groups for e-commerce research; 2000; Johnson, W.
- It's not perfect: everyone's doing online research, but sometimes the old-fashioned methods are still...; 2000; David, K.
- The relentless rise of online research; 2000; Gray, R.
- The future of online research; 2000; James, D.
- Microsoft's Online Data Reporting Tool; 2000; Glimp, D., Tarter, J.
- Converting Web-Surveys into Actionable Results That Even the CFO Will Support!; 2000; Goodman, J., Yeomans, J.
- Tools you can trust?; 2000; West, R.
- You've got surveys; 2000; Lipke, D.J.
- Surfer, Know Thyself; 2000; Anonymous
- High-Speed Surveys; 2000; Campbell, T.
- Customer Tracking: It's Not Just Web-Site Hits; 2000; Mottl, J. N.
- E-Commerce and Marketing Research; 2000; Whaley, J.
- Using Internet to Measure Advertising Effectiveness; 2000; Wissing, A.
- The Internet and the Changing Role of Market Research; 2000; Venter, P., Prinsloo, M.
- Real-Time and Online Research Is Paying Off; 2000; Cross, R., Neal, M.
- Online Research: An Itracks Survey of Market Research and Management Consulting Firms; 2000; Vanthuyne, J., Bates, D.
- The power of online research; 2000; Taylor, H.
- Study: Bank Web Sites Are Weak; 2000; Bruno, M.
- Life/Style Online© a web-based methodology for visually-oriented consumer research; 2000; Englis, B. G., Solomon, M. R.
- Net Links; 2000; Anonymous
- Online facts, surveys made easy; 2000; Frook, J. E.
- Life (on the Internet) imitates research; 2000; Wyner, G. A.
- Modeling the Respondents' Profile in a Web Survey on Firms in Italy; 2000; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Conducting web based research in a business to business environment; 2000; Andrews, A.
- How your research process can help you measure and create customer satisfaction, loyalty and value via...; 2000; King, L.
- Methods to Measure Internet and Other Online Use; 1999; Diem, P.
- Measuring the Flow Construct in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach; 1999; Novak, T. P., Hoffman, D. L., Yung, Y. -F.
- Merjenje elektronskega poslovanja s pomocjo vzorcnih anket; 1999; Vehovar, V.