Web Survey Bibliography
Title In defense of on-line focus groups
Author Yoffie, A.J., Anzalone, M.
Source Quirk's Marketing Research Review, June, 1995
Access date 29.07.2004
Abstract "Why not acknowledge that technology inevitably giveth and taketh away and therefore try from the outset to magnify the benefits and minimize the costs?" This quotation from a recent article in the New York Times Magazine by Max Frankel illustrates our perspective on the current debate among marketing researchers: What is the value of on-line research and, in particular, on-line focus groups? While Tom Greenbaum stated in his article "Focus groups on the Internet: an interesting idea but not a good one" (QMRR, May 1995) that focus groups on the Internet -- and by implication any on-line groups -- are "not likely to result in effective focus group research," we believe that there is a place for on-line qualitative research and that researchers can successfully add it to their menu of available methodologies.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1995
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6366)
- The Internet and opinion measurement: surveying marginalized populations; 2001; Koch, N. S., Emrey, J. A.
- Online Polling and Survey Research; 2001; Feld, K. G.
- Study invitations; 2001; Dalley, C.
- A Primer on Internet Organizational Surveys; 2001; Simsek, Z., Veiga, J. F.
- Targeting Audiences On The Internet; 2001; Cheyne, T. L., Ritter, F. E.
- Mail and Internet Surveys (Book Review); 2001; Faubion, C. W., Andrew, J. D.
- Web research -- the final frontier?; 2001; Wickham, S., Stewart, S.
- Implications of Internet Technology for Medical Sociology in the New Millennium; 2001; Cotten, S. R.
- Simple Surveys; 2001; Anonymous
- Post for Pay; 2001; Farmer, B. E.
- Ctchiropractic.com a useful site (with a few kinks); 2001; Campbell III, D.
- More Web Info; 2001; Quinn, M. L.
- A Free Web TV for Your Thoughts; 2001; Longstreth, A.
- Opinion Interview; 2001; Bond, M.
- The Virtual Consumer; 2001; Dahan, E., Hauser, J. R.
- Cyber-Mothers: Online Synchronous Interviewing using Conferencing Software; 2001; O' Connor, H., Madge, C.
- The Internet Matters: Exploring the Use of the Internet as a Research Tool; 2001; Illingworth, N.
- Internet users' adoption of Web retailing: user and product dimensions; 2001; Fenech, T., O'Cass, A.
- Online business education in the twenty-first century: an analysis of potential target markets; 2001; Evans, J. R., Haase, I. M.
- Combining Electronic and Traditional Survey Administration for a Competitive Advantage; 2001; Rosen, S., Cruzen, D., Waller, V.
- Market Research and the Evolution of Internet Services at Statistics Canada; 2001; Roy, D.
- Using Online Panels For Superb Feedback; 2001; Sharp, R.
- Channel 4 Website Development Case Study; 2001; Shaw, R.
- Technical and Legal Approaches to Unsolicited Electronic Mail; 2001; Sorkin, D. E.
- SuperCollect: a system for data capture using Internet; 2001; Stol, H. R.
- Measuring and Reporting Sources of Error in Surveys; 2001; Subcommittee on Measuring and Reporting the Quality of Survey Data. Federal Committee on Statistical...
- New data collection techniques. Hip or hype?; 2001; Tassabehji, R., King, R., Sudbury, M.
- Comparing Random Digit Dial Surveys With Web Surveys: The Case Of Health Care Consumers In California...; 2001; Berry, S., Zapert, K., Payne, S., Payne, L., Sanstad, K., Marcus, S., Spranca, M., Kan, H., Turner,...
- The Internet and the IMF Dissemination Standards Bulletin Board: Leveraging New Technology to Increase...; 2001; Carson, C. S., DiCalogero, R., McKee, J., Esfandiary, D. S.
- Estimating reliability and validity of measuring egocentric social networks; 2001; Kogovsek, T.
- Web versus Mail Questionnaire for an Institutional Survey; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z.
- Quantifying and Correcting Unit Nonresponse-Errors in Online-Surveys; 2001; Lukawetz, G.
- Measuring The U.S. Digital Economy: Theory and Practice; 2001; Mesenbourg, T. L., Atrostic, B. K.
- The Measurement of Life Histories through the Internet; 2001; Sikkel, D.
- A spectrometer in the bedroom—the development and potential of internet-based experiments; 2001; Cartwright, H. M., Valentine, K.
- Response Differences from Internet-enabled Respondents in Surveys Fielded via Internet and via Mail; 2001; Park, J. M.
- Using web research technology to accelerate innovation; 2001; Pawle, J., Cooper, P.
- A Guide to Best Practice in Online Quantitative Research; 2001; Poynter, R.
- Eye-Movement Analysis: A New Tool for Evaluating the Design of Visually Administered Instruments (Paper...; 2001; Redline, C. D., Lankford, C. P.
- First Things First: Internet Relay Chat Openings; 2001; Rintel, E. S., Mulholland, J., Pittam, J.
- ThinkStream: A New Paradigm for Web Site Measurement; 2001; Rolph, J.
- e-Research: Gold Mine or Land Mine?; 2001; Nuffer, K. G.
- Mode And Incentive Effects On Aspects Of Survey Administration And Data Quality; 2001; O’Brien, J. E., Levin, K., Hagerty, T., Greenlees, J. B., Saxon-Harrold, S. K. E., Kirsch, A....
- Analysis of Internet Users' Level of Online Privacy Concerns; 2001; O'Neil, D.
- Is The Internet The Future Of Market Research In Europe?; 2001; Oxley, M.
- Electronic Weak Ties in Network Organizations; 2001; Papakyriazis, N. V., Boudourides, M. A.
- Dimensions of Internet Science; 2001; Reips, U. -D., Bosnjak, M.
- Improving Survey Research on the World-Wide Web Using the Randomized Response Technique; 2001; Musch, J., Broder, A., Klauer, K. C.
- International Perspective: Using The Internet To Better Manage Major Surveys; 2001; MacNeill, R., Risk, R.
- How to recruit and retain respondents suitable for online research; 2001; Manolopoulos, P.