Web Survey Bibliography
Title Touch-tone data entry for household surveys: Research findings and possible applications
Author McKay, R. B., Robon, E. L., Malik, A. B.
Source Section on Survey Researc Methods, 1994, pp. 509-511
Access date 09.08.2004
Full text pdf (253k)
Abstract The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has developed a short form of the Current Population Survey (CPS) which has been adapted to Touchtone Data Entry (TDE) reporting. The CPS-TDE has the potential of providing a cost-effective means to increase CPS state sample sizes and thus improve the reliability of sub-national labor force estimates. The short form of the CPS questionnaire, based on the redesigned CPS, asks the minimum number of questions necessary to determine the labor force status of eligible household members. Thus far, BLS has conducted cognitive research on the CPS-TDE instrument and participants have been able to report their household's CPS data in a laboratory setting. Subsequent phases of CPS-TDE research call for an initial field study to assess its feasibility for home use, and a second field study involving an overlap sample of CPS- TDE and regular CPS households.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (full text)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication1994
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Evaluation of Differential Sampling in the Knowledge Networks Panel: What is the Effect on Coverage,...; 2002; Huggins, V. J., Tang, X.
- Does This Question Work? Evaluating Cognitive Interview Results Using Respondent Debriefing Questions...; 2002; Hughes, K. A., DeMaio, T. J.
- New Data Collections Using Touchtone Data Entry; 2002; Jakhu, S., Sauer, M. E.
- Use Of Web-Based Data Collection To Supplement And Improve Mail Survey Response Rates; 2002; Keesling, R.
- Assessment of Mode-Effects in a Web-enabled Study of Civic Attitudes; 2002; Laird, G., Wiebe, E. F., Thalji, L., Pulliam, P.
- Mode Effect In Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Participation In Telephone Pre-Recruited Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M., Vehovar, V.
- A Usability Evaluation of Key Parts of Census.Gov; 2002; Olmsted, E. L., Marquis, K.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys To Measure Customer Satisfaction; 2002; Salvucci, S., Parker, A., Wenck, S., Peng, S., Goldstein, A.
- An Experiment Comparing Computer-Assisted and Paper Modes of Data Collection for the Short Form in Census...; 2002; Schneider, S. J., Cantor, D., Malakhoff, L., Arieira, C., Segel, P., Nguyen, L., Guarino, J. A.
- Automation Strategies for the Covered Employment and Wages (CEW) Program; 2002; Searson, M.
- Man vs. Machine - A Study of the Ability of Statistical Methodologies to Discern Human Generated ssh...; 2002; Solka, J. L., Marchette, D., Adams, M. L.
- Recent Developments For Interactive Statistical Graphics On The Web Using “nViZn”; 2002; Symanzik, J., Gunter, L.
- Enhancing Consulting With A Website: Making Resources Available To Clients; 2002; Williams, C. J.
- Online research requires verification of information; 2002; Goldsborough, R.
- Using the Internet for surveys and health research; 2002; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Post-adoption attitudes to advertising on the Internet; 2002; Rodgers, S., Chen, Q.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- Assessing Respondents’ Need for Clarification in Web Surveys Using Age-Based User Modeling; 2002; Coiner, T. F., Coiner, T., Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Computer Assisted Pretesting of Telephone Interview Questionnaires (CAPTIQ); 2002; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F., Kleudgen, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau; 2002; Guarino, J. A., Bouffard, J. A.
- The Penn State Model for the Intro Stat Course: A Description and an Assessment; 2002; Harkness, W. L., Buchanan, P., Heckard, R.
- Incentive Survey Finds Uncertainties; 2002; Anonymous
- Use of the internet to study the utility values of the public; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Sturley, A. E.
- The effects of delivery mode upon survey response rate and perceived attitudes of Texas agri-science...; 2002; Fraze, S., Hardin, K., Brashears, T., Smith, J. H., Lockaby, J.
- Internet-Based Psychological Experimenting: Five Dos and Five Don'ts; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Depression in Internet and Face-to-Face Cancer Support Groups: A Pilot Study; 2002; Klemm, P., Hardie, T.
- Virtually participating: A survey of online party members; 2002; Ward, S., Lusoli, W., Gibson, R.
- Elections and Public Polling: Will the Media Get Online Polling Right?; 2002; Johnson, D. W.
- Design Net surveys that reduce exits; 2002; Maginnis, C.
- Key Bank Polls Its People On-Line; 2002; Sraeel, H.
- Great figure--but can you trust it?; 2002; Gaber, I.
- Online surveys in marketing research: pros and cons; 2002; Ilieva, J., Baron, S., Healey, N. M.
- Older Adults Living Through and With Their Computers; 2002; Clark, D. J.
- Seeking legitimacy in online surveys; 2002; Jesdanun, A.
- Self-administered questions by telephone: Evaluating interactive voice response; 2002; Tourangeau, R., Steiger, D. M.,
- Online versus offline research: implications for evaluating digital media; 2002; Gunter, B., Nicholas, D., Huntington, P., Williams, P.
- Exploratory study into wireless application protocol shopping; 2002; Fenech, T.
- Shifting Articulations of Internet Privacy; 2002; Gustafson, K.
- U. S. Air Force Surveys; 2002; Hamilton, C. H., Datko, L. M., Bell, J.
- Respondent burden and Gratifications in Internet Surveys; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Roll-Hansen, D.
- Mode effects in a mail plus Internet designed census; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Dale, T., Dalheim, E., Stromme, H.
- Panel attrition in relation to different kinds of incentives; 2002; Hemsing, W., Mueller, J., Graef, L.
- The Kid's Experimental Psychology Lab: A Web Site for Internet Research with Children; 2002; Frick, A., Reips, U. -D.
- Effects of questionnaire length on response rates: review of findings and guidelines for future research...; 2002; Galesic, M.