Web Survey Bibliography
Title The Status of Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing: Part I - Introduction and Impact on Cost and Timelines of Survey Data
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 2, 2, pp. 93-115
Access date 10.12.2004
Abstract Computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) employs interactive computing systems to assist interviewers and their supervisors in performing the basic data collection tasks of telephone interviewing. This is the first of a two-paper series presenting an overview of the status of CATI, based primarily on published articles and unpublished reports describing the development of CATI, and experiences with CATI, in the U.S. and other developed nations. This first paper provides a definition of CATI, reviews its history as an applied technology, and examines current evidence (both summary impressions and quantitative data) on CATI's impact on the costs and timeliness of survey data collection.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1986-1990
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 1986-1990 (38)
- Dimensional analysis of ranking data; 1990; Brady, H. E.
- A study of procedures to identify and trim extreme sampling weights; 1990; Potter, F.
- A practical guide to the use of response latency in social psychological research; 1990; Fazio, R. H.
- Sampling Design for a Monitoring Plan for CATI Interviewing; 1990; Chapman, D. W., Weinstein, R. B.
- Measuring Nonresponse and Refusals to an Electronic Telephone Survey; 1990; Havice, M.J.
- Interviewing by PC: What We Could Not Do Before; 1990; Curry, J.
- Some like it hot. Individual differences in responses to group feeling thermometers; 1989; Wilcox, C., Sigelman, L., Cook, E.
- Information technology and survey research. Where do we go from here?; 1989; Shanks, M. J.
- Customer satisfaction research using disks-by-mail; 1989; Zabdan, P., Frost, L.
- The Effects of Appeals, Anonymity, and Feedback on Mail Survey Response Patterns from Salespeople; 1989; Pradeep, K. T.
- Survey Errors and Survey Costs; 1989; Groves, R. M.
- Methodological Issues in CAPI; 1989; Couper, M. P., Groves, R. M.
- The Decision Process Equivalent of Electronic Versus Pencil-and-Paper Data Collection Methods; 1989; Helgeson, J.G., Ursic, M.L.
- Survey of procedures to control extreme sampling weights; 1988; Potter, F.
- Priming and communication: Social determinants of information use in judgments of life satisfaction; 1988; Strack, F., Martin, L. L., Schwarz, N.
- Mail Survey Response Rates: A Meta-Analysis of Selected Techniques for Inducing Response; 1988; Fox, R., Crask, M. R., Kim, J.Kim, H. G.
- Within-Household Sampling of Multiple Target Groups in Computer-Assisted Telephone Surveys; 1988; Whitmore, R. W., Folsom, R., Burkheimer, G. J., Wheeless, S. C.
- CATI Instrument Logical Structures: An Analysis With Applications; 1988; Futterman, M.
- CATI and Touchtone Self-Response Applications for Establishment Surveys; 1988; Werking, G. S., Tupek, A., Clayton, R. L.
- Sample Administration With CATI: The Wisconsin Survey Research Laboratory's System; 1988; Sharp, H., Palit, C.
- Administrative Issues in Mixed Mode Surveys; 1988; Dillman, D. A., Tarnai, J.
- Response Effects in Computer-Administered Questioning; 1988; Liefeld, J.P.
- Questionnaire Design for CATI: Design Objectives and Methods; 1988; House, C. C., Nicholls II, W. L.
- Software tools for data collection: microcomputer-assisted interviewing; 1988; Carpenter, E.H.
- The Design of CATI Systems: A Review of Current Practice; 1988; Baker, R. P., Lefes, W.
- The Problem of Nonresponse in Survey-Research; 1988; Aiken, L. R.
- Self-rating of pain in nonulcer dyspepsia. A methodological study comparing a new fixed-point scale...; 1987; Nyrén, O. et al.
- An evaluation of a cognitive theory of response-order effects in survey measurement; 1987; Krosnick, J. A., Alwin, D. F.
- Optimal Call Scheduling for a Telephone Survey ; 1987; Weeks, M. F., Kulka, R. A., Pierson, S. A.
- Integration of Computer Assisted Survey Research; 1987; Brakenhoff, W. J., Remmerswl, P. W., Sikkel, D.
- The DISKQ Survey Method; 1987; Higgins, C. A., Dimnik, T. P., Greenwood, H. P.
- The category effect with rating scales: Number of categories, number of stimuli, and method of presentation...; 1986; Parducci, A., Wedell, D. H.
- Interpreting interpersonal behavior: The effects of expectancies; 1986; Jones, E. E.
- College sophomores in the laboratory: Influences of a narrow data base on social psychology's view...; 1986; Sears, D. O.
- Response Effects in the Electronic Survey; 1986; Kiesler, S., Sproull, L. S.
- The Status of Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing: Part II. Data Quality Issues; 1986; Groves, R. M., Nicholls II, W. L.
- The Status of Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing: Part I - Introduction and Impact on Cost and...; 1986; Nicholls II, W. L., Groves, R. M.
- Using Electronic Mail for Data Collection in Organizational Research; 1986; Sproull, L. S.