Web Survey Bibliography
Title Questionnaire Design with Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing
Author House, C. C.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 1, 2, pp. 209-219
Access date 15.08.2004
Full text pdf (1344k)
Abstract This paper discusses methods of questionnaire design for computer assisted telephone interviewing (CATI). Although many design principles for traditional questionnaires remain applicable, computerized questionnaires have additional requirements which must be taken into account. This paper presents general guidelines for CATI questionnaire design, describes their consequences for documentation and pretesting, and reviews the skills and time required for these tasks.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1981-1985
Web Survey Bibliography - 1981-1985 (13)
- Questionnaire Design Activities in Government Statistics Offices; 1985; Sudman, S., Cowan, C. D.
- CATI in an Agricultural Statistical Agency; 1985; Tortora, R. D.
- Questionnaire Design with Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing; 1985; House, C. C.
- From intentions to actions: A theroy of planned behavior; 1985; Ajzen, I.
- Cognitive science and survey methods; 1984; Tourangeau, R.
- Reducing Bias in Observational Studies Using Subclassification on the Propensity Score; 1984; Rosenbaum, P. R., Rubin, D. B.
- Category ratings and the relational character of judgment; 1983; Parducci, A.
- Implications of CATI: Costs, Errors, and Organization of Telephone Survey Research; 1983; Groves, R. M.
- Research Opportunities Related to CATI; 1983; Freeman, H.E.
- Asking questions: A practical guide to questionnaire design; 1982; Sudman, S., Bradburn, N. M.
- Application of multi-attribute utility theory to measure social preferences for health states; 1982; Torrance, G. W., Boyle, M. H., Horwood, S. P.
- Question & answers in attitude surveys. Experiment of question form, wording, and context; 1981; Schuman, H., Presser, S.
- Label versus position in rating scales; 1981; Friedman, H., Leefer R., J.