Web Survey Bibliography
Title Feedback in web surveys
Access date 17.08.2004
Abstract Two ways in which feedback in web surveys can be given are discussed. Textual feedback: In socio-economic panel surveys respondents are asked to report facts of their financial situation on a yearly basis. Instead of starting the interview with a blank form, it seems more efficient to present the respondent answers of an earlier wave, and ask for changes. We found indications that preloading leads to a reduction of errors, but no reduction in interview time was reached. Graphical feedback: The respondents are asked to provide dates and details about moving house, changes in the composition of the family, jobs, financial accounts, etcetera. The events are symbolized by icons that are placed on a time axis, e.g. a house for moving from one house to another and a baby for the birth of a child. The data that are obtained in this way are consistent with macro data of Statistics Netherlands. Both examples provide evidence of to which extent it is useful to invest in the web technology that is available to the survey designer to make the life easier for the respondent, but which comes with the price of high development costs.
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (421)
- I/PRO's Vision on the Present and Future of Web Measurement; 2002; Poler, A.
- The Impact Of Demographics On Choice Of Survey Modes: Demographics Distinctiveness Between Web-Based...; 2002; Datta, P., Walsh, K., Terrell, D.
- Online Surveys - An Useful Internet; 2002; Anonymous
- The propensity score and estimation in nonrandom surveys - an overview; 2002; Danielsson, S.
- Surveys Support IT Decision Making in Higher Education; 2002; Berger, C.
- Access Web Surveys; 2002; Presley, K. E.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- From Paper-and-Pencil to Screen-and-Keyboard: An Empirical Assessment of Equivalence Issues in Internet...; 2002; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Designing Web Surveys; 2002; Wise, L.
- Using a Database Web Survey To Manage Student Feedback About Courses: Building a Learning Community...; 2002; Gray, K., Allan, G.
- Email für Direktkandidaten. Erfahrungen mit Email-Befragungen unter Direktkandidaten bei Landtagswahlen...; 2002; Faas, T.
- Using the Content of Online Privacy Notices to Inform Public Policy: A Longitudinal Analysis of the...; 2002; Milne, G. R., Culnan, M. J.
- Examining Online Instruction in Undergraduate Nursing Education; 2002; Christianson, L., Tiene, D., Luft, P.
- Surveys in Social Research (Social Research Today); 2002; de Vaus, D.
- Obtaining Sensitive Data Through the Web: An Example of Design and Methods; 2002; Baer, A., Saroiu, S., Koutsky, L. A.
- Survey of Doctors' Experience of Patients Using the Internet; 2002; Potts, H. W. W., Wyatt, J. C., Pagerey, P.D.
- Conducting Online Research; 2002; Hogg, A.
- Models in the Practice of Survey Sampling (Revisited); 2002; Kalton, G.
- Better television audience measurement through cable and satellite set top boxes; 2002; Harvey, B., Jarvis, T., Booth, R.
- The end of measurement as we know it?; 2002; Green, A.
- Internet panel as a tool for TV programme appreciation research; 2002; Hammersma, M., Appel, M.
- Quality control of TV peoplemeter panels; 2002; Chavenon, H., Khoury, J.
- The future is now. The latest findings from the market launch of the portable people meter in Philadelphia...; 2002; Patchen, R. H., Webb, B. M.
- Online audience distribution and duplication. A new perspective on consumer behavior in tactical media...; 2002; Zeman, M.
- Optimising the effect of hybrid marketing campaigns; 2002; Rietberg, J., Menkveld, M.
- Reaching children online. A longitudinal study of Internet habits; 2002; Clarke, J.
- Daily reach using SMS. Measuring and reporting reach in real time; 2002; Widman, L., Vogelius, L.
- Electronic measurement of magazine reading. New methodology, new problems, new solutions; 2002; Mattlin, J.
- Libraries and desktop storage options: results of a Web-based survey; 2002; Hendricks, A., Wang, J.
- The local/global decision in Internet research; 2002; Crawford, S. D., Jones, S., Rowen, C.
- Improving Honeywell’s market research. Combining online surveys, traditional interviewing techniques...; 2002; Feld, K. G., Stone, W. K.
- A cup of tea, a sofa and a remote control. The world of research through interactive TV; 2002; Walker, D. A.
- Survey Professionals Using Electronic Surveys; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-Based Surveys for Data Gathering from Medical Educators: An Exploration of the Efficacy and Impact...; 2002; Lee, C., Frank, J. R., Cole, G., Mikhael, N. Z., Miles, C. A.
- You Still Need High Response Rates with Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- E-research: Methods, Strategies and Issues; 2002; Anderson, T., Kanuka, H.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Rape Myth Acceptance and Judgments of Vulnerability to Sexual Assault: An Internet Experiment; 2002; Bohner, G., Danner, U. N., Siebler, F., Samson, G. B.
- Measuring Differences in Preactivation on the Internet: The Content Category Superiority Effect; 2002; Eichstaedt, J.
- Internet Experts' Planning of Explanations for Laypersons: A Web Experimental Approach in the Internet...; 2002; Nueckles, M., Bromme, R.
- Going Beyond the Conversion of Paper Survey Forms to Web Surveys; 2002; Chatman, S.
- Using Opscan Technology in Survey Research; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- Navigating the Rapids of Change: Some Observations on Survey Methodology in the Early 21st Century; 2002; Dillman, D. A.
- Using Electronic Surveys: Advice from Survey Professionals; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-based surveys: changing the survey process; 2002; Gunn, H.
- On-line with e-mums: exploring the Internet as a medium for research; 2002; Madge, C., O' Connor, H.
- Survey Response Quality: Shirking Behaviour in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2002; VanBeselaere, C.
- Hard Choices, Easy Answers: Values, Information, and American Public Opinion; 2002; Alvarez, M. R., Brehm, J.
- Internet Research Looks in the Mirror: A Survey of North American Research Professionals; 2002; Prophis
- The Internet and city tourism - information sources for travel planning; 2002; Tjostheim, I., Tronvoll, B.