Web Survey Bibliography
Title Virtual subjects: Using the Internet as an alternative source of subjects and research environment
Author Smith M. A., Leigh, B.
Source Behavior Research Methods, Instruments & Computers, 29, 4, pp. 496-505
Access date 19.08.2004
Abstract This paper presents a rationale for why some researchers might consider using the Internet for research by addressing four issues. First, a few unique research opportunities afforded by the Internet are discussed. Second, the utility of using newsgroups and the Telnet protocol is described. Third, Internet research ethical guidelines in five areas are developed. Fourth, the data validity issue is addressed, and previous research using Internet and introductory psychology subject samples is replicated. The samples were similar on 5 of 7 demographic variables but differed in age and sex compositions, and response patterns for the two samples were similar to those reported previously. Finally, some Limitations of the Internet are considered, as are its potentials to fulfill traditional research requirements and its use as an educational aid.
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 1997 (115)
- Reinterview: A tool for survey quality improvement; 2007; Feindt, P. et al.
- Thinking about answers. The application of cognitive processes to survey methodology; 1997; Sudman, S., Bradburn, N. M., Schwarz, N.
- Internet marketing research: resources and techniques; 1997; Forrest, E.
- How users read on the web; 1997; Nielsen, J.
- From theoretical concepts to survey question; 1997; Hox, J.
- Feeling thermometers versus 7-point scales. Which are better?; 1997; Alwin, D. F.
- Electronic methods of collecting survey data: A review of E-research; 1997; Tuten, T. L.
- Editing of survey data: How much is enough?; 1997; Grandquist, L., Kovar, J. G.
- Designing rating scales for effective measurernent in surveys; 1997; Krosnick, J. A., Fabrigar, L. R.
- Internet Surveys by Direct Mailing An Innovative Way of Collecting Data; 1997; Swoboda, W. J., Muehlberger, N., Weitkunat, R., Schneeweiss, S.
- Operate your own World-Wide Web server; 1997; Hoffman, R., Macdonald, J., Schmidt, W. C.
- Best Practices in Interviewing Via the Internet; 1997; Witt, K. J.
- Some Considerations for Conducting an Electronic Mail Study with University Students; 1997; Williams, A. N., Morphew, C.C., Nusser, S. M.
- Sixth World Wide Web survey; 1997; Guzdial, M.
- Between Anecdote and Science: Using E-Mail To Learn about Student Experiences; 1997; Furlong, D. K.
- Determining Effective Follow-up of E-Mail Surveys; 1997; Kittleson, M. J.
- A Web-Based Archive of Psychological Experiments: Challenges for Client Server Interactions; 1997; Oehlmann, R.
- Research on internet; 1997; Batagelj, Z.
- Theory Building in Qualitative Research and Computer Programs for the Management of Textual Data; 1997; Kelle, U.
- On the Uses of Computer-Assisted Simulation Modeling in the Social Sciences; 1997; Hanneman, R., Patrick, S.
- Developing Online Market Research Methods and Tools - Considering Theorizing Interacivity: Model and...; 1997; Harris, C.
- Web Survey Issues; 1997; Runfeldt, S.
- The Effect of E-Personality on Research Results; 1997; MacElroy, B.
- Spam and Research on the Internet; 1997; Colby, C.
- Search no Further. Yahoo!'s Audience Analysis Project - A Case Study; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- Achieving Greater Understanding of Your Target Market Through Online Research; 1997; Stark, M. M.
- New possibilities?! How the enemies of market research try to kill the industry by 'market research...; 1997; Pfleiderer, R.
- The Harris Poll Online; 1997; Jeavons, A., Bayer, L. R.
- Will Interviewers Become Redundent?; 1997; Gerrard, L.
- Online interviewing via world wide web; 1997; Losemann, F.
- Exploiting the Research Potential of the World Wide Web; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- Conducting Survey Research on the WWW: A Critical Evaluation of Resources; 1997; Kempcke, K.
- How Reuters is Using the Web for Customer Surveys; 1997; Perrott, N.
- The Firm: Automating the Research Process Via the Net; 1997; Haugland, B.
- Ukopinion.com - A Dedicated Web Site Approach to On-line Interviewing; 1997; Comley, P.
- Web Surveys - The Professional Way; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- QML - Questionnaire Markup Language; 1997; Batagelj, Z.
- Forget the millennium ... the future is www.now; 1997; Lee, H. K., Dea, D.
- Questionnaire Administration via the WWW: A Validation & Reliability Study for a User Satisfaction Questionnaire...; 1997; Harper, B., Slaughter, L., Norman K. L.
- The Internet: Access grows, policies lag; 1997; Frost, M.
- Declarative Specifications and Program Generation Techniques; 1997; Leung, J.
- Choosing E-mail or Web for on-line research; 1997; Chisholm, J.
- CustomerSat.com: Billion Technology Firm Conducts Worldwide Customer Satisfaction Survey via the Internet...; 1997; Chisholm, J., Slevin, J.,
- From here to eternity electronic commerce survey; 1997; Anonymous
- New Software Brings Power and Capability to Web Research; 1997; Anonymous
- On-Line Recruitment & Web Sampling; 1997; Froggatt, M., Coates, D.
- Advertising on the web: Is there response before click-through?; 1997; Briggs, R., Hollis, N.
- FIRM - Technology to Build Your Infrastructure; 1997; Haugland, B.
- The Use of the Internet for Opinion Polls; 1997; Comley, P.