Web Survey Bibliography
Title Employee-surveys via intranet
Author Deutschmann, M.,
Source In U.-D. Reips, B. Batinic, W. Bandilla, M. Bosnjak, L. Gräf, K. Moser, & A. Werner (Eds./Hrsg.), Current Internet science - trends, techniques, results. Aktuelle Online Forschung - Trends, Techniken, Ergebnisse. Zürich: Online Press.
Access date 19.08.2004
Abstract WWW-mediated personality tests are amongst the techniques increasingly being used in online psychological research. Given their relatively short history, it remains important to establish the validity of online research techniques (e.g. Krantz, Ballard & Scher, 1997, Krantz & Dalal, in press). For WWW personality tests, an obvious question is whether such instruments are psychometrically and psychologically equivalent to traditional pencil-and-paper measures of the same constructs (Buchanan & Smith, 1999). This paper reviews evidence from research published to date (e.g. Pasveer & Ellard, 1998; Davis, 1998; Schwarzer, Mueller & Greenglass, 1999; Buchanan & Smith, 1999; Buchanan & Smith, in press) which has demonstrated that online instruments can be psychometrically equivalent to pencil-and- paper versions of the same measures. However, this is not always the case. As an example, a current project evaluating an online version of a Five-Factor personality inventory (Goldberg, 1999) is described and preliminary conclusions about its validity presented. Finally, implications and future possibilities for online personality research are discussed.
Bibliographic typeBook section
Year of publication1999
Web Survey Bibliography - In U.-D. Reips, B. Batinic, W. Bandilla, M. Bosnjak, L. Gräf, K. Moser, & A. Werner (Eds./Hrsg.), Current Internet science - trends, techniques, results. Aktuelle Online Forschung - Trends, Techniken, Ergebnisse. Zürich: Online Press. (16)
- Online-replication of results from evolutionary psychology research – sex differences in sexual...; 1999; Voracek, M., Stieger, S., Gindl, A.
- The Image and Experience of Internet; 1999; Epple, M., Guenoun, R., Schäfer, J., Cantoni, L.
- Online research with children; 1999; Reips, U. -D.
- Computer Literacy and Attitudes toward the Computer: On the Equivalence of Online- und Paper-Pencil-...; 1999; Richter, T., Naumann, J., Noller, S.
- The Computer as a Medium for Media Integration. Results and Experiences of an international online and...; 1999; Beck, K., Raulfs, Al.
- Conjoint analysis of individual preferences over the Internet; 1999; Melles, T., Luzar, M.
- How Do Web Communicators Work?; 1999; Rossler, P., Kloevekorn, N., Rebuzzi, T.
- Conception and Implementation of the Siemens Employee Survey with Continuous Immediate Valuation through...; 1999; Bauer, W., Hauptmann, C.
- Employee-surveys via intranet; 1999; Deutschmann, M.,
- Communicability of Emotions in Computer-mediated Communication; 1999; Hartig, J., Jude, N., Moosbrugger, H.
- Multimedia in professional education within companies - status-quo and development; 1999; Doebler, T., Dold, C., Stark, B.
- Online Research - Acceptability and prevalence; 1999; Spintig, S.
- Online-Offline. A theoretical Approach to define a crucial Category of Online Research; 1999; Berker, T.
- An empirical comparison of traditional and web-based experimental survey administration: Could it be...; 1999; Frey, B.F.
- Ethical decision making in business: A comparison between New Zealand decision makers and a World Wide...; 1999; Frey, B.F.