Web Survey Bibliography
Title Program for surveillance of causes of death of dogs, using the Internet to survey small animal veterinarians
Author Gobar, G. M., Case, J. T., Kass, P. H.
Source Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 213, 2, pp. 251-256
Access date 19.08.2004
Abstract OBJECTIVE: To develop a prototype program for surveillance of causes of death of dogs, using resources developed for the World Wide Web, to enable collection of data from veterinarians in small animal practice and dissemination of results in a timely manner at minimal expense. DESIGN: Epidemiologic survey. SAMPLE POPULATION: Small animal veterinarians who were members of NOAH, Veterinary Information Network (VIN), or VetPlus-L. PROCEDURE: Internet electronic communications and Web pages were used for solicitation and collection of data, dissemination of results, and follow-up discussions with participants. Data were stored in a relational database. RESULTS: 25 veterinarians actively submitted case material. On the basis of analysis by region and school of veterinary medicine attended, these veterinarians were representative of all small animal practitioners in the United States. During the 6-month study, 621 case reports were submitted. Analysis of results included determination of number of dogs, with proportions calculated for primary reason for death, primary clinical sign, and breed, as well as creation of a map depicting distribution of the practitioners. Additional data were obtained for analysis to provide information of interest. CLINICAL IMPLICATIONS: A national database representative of dogs examined by small animal practitioners would be a valuable source of information. Rapidly and easily accessible return of information and results is important for any surveillance system. The program described here appears to be a successful method for collecting data from practitioners.
Access/Direct link Entrez PubMed (abstract)
Year of publication1998
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - USA (2149)
- Studying marriage and family therapists in the 21st century: Methodological and technological issues; 2005; Northey, N. F. Jr.
- Evaluation of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Young People Using a Web-Based Survey Technique.; 2005; Chung, J. H., des Roches, C. M., Meunier, J., Eavey, R. D.
- Consumer adoption of online grocery buying: a discriminant analysis; 2005; Hansen, T.
- Unit (non)response in Web-based access panel surveys: An extended planned-behavior approach; 2005; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L., Wittmann, W. W.
- Adjusting for selection bias in Web surveys using propensity scores: the case of the Health and Retirement...; 2005; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A., Couper, M. P.
- A field study comparing online and offline data collection methods for identifying product attribute...; 2005; Sethuraman, R., Kerin, R. A., Cron, W. L.
- Mode effects for collecting alcohol and tobacco data among 3rd and 4th grade students: A randomized...; 2005; McCabe, S. E., Boyd, C. J., Young, A., Crawford, S. D., Pope, D.
- Segmenting Internet shoppers based on their Web-usage-related lifestyle: a cross-cultural validation; 2005; Brengman, M., Geuens, M., Weijters, B., Smith, S. M., Swinyard, W. R.
- Using an access panel as a sampling frame for voluntary household surveys. Experiences from a pilot...; 2004; Korner, T., Nimmergut, A.
- The illusion of public opinion: Fact and artifact in american public opinion polls; 2004; Bishop, G. F.
- The Data Documentation Initiative. The value and significance of a worldwide standard; 2004; Blank, G., Rasmussen, K. B.
- On the primacy of affect in attitude-behavior research; 2004; Thomas, R. K., Schofield, C. M.
- Measuring expectations; 2004; Manski, C. F.
- Item response theory modelling for questionnaire evaluation; 2004; Reeve, B. B., M‚sse, L.
- Developmnent and testing of web questionnaires; 2004; Baker, R. P., Crawford, S. D., Swinehart, J.
- Contact histories in personal visit surveys: the survey of income and program participation (SIPP) methods...; 2004; Bates, N.
- Benchmarking Knowledge Networks’ Web-enabled panel survey of selected GSS questions against GSS...; 2004; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J., Chatt, C.
- Asking questions. The definitive guide to questionnaire design-for market research, political polls,...; 2004; Bradburn, N. M., Sudman, S., Wansink, B.
- An experiment in call scheduling; 2004; Cunningham, P., Martin, D., Brick, J. M.
- When the Ethic is Functional to the Method: The Case of E-Mail Qualitative Interviews; 2004; Olivero, N., Lunt, P.
- How to conduct behavioral research over the Internet: A begginer s guide to HTML and CGI/Perl; 2004; Fraley, R. C.
- Validation of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) for internet and automated telephone self-report administration...; 2004; Brodey, B. B., Rosen, C. S., Brodey, I. S., Sheetz, B. M., Steinfeld, R. R., Gastfriend, D. R.
- Propensity Score Adjustment As an Alternative Weighting Scheme for Web Survey Data; 2004; Lee, S.
- Is It the Young and the Restless Who Only Use Cellular Phones?; 2004; Steeh, C. G.
- Connecting Social Capital Offline and Online: The Effects of Internet Uses on Civic Community Engagement...; 2004; Nah, S.
- A New Era for Telephone Surveys; 2004; Steeh, C. G.
- Choosing to Use the Web: Comparing Early and Late Respondents to an Online Web-based Survey Designed...; 2004; Irani, T. A., Gregg, J. A., Telg, R.
- Respondent Differences between Web-based Surveys and Paper/Pencil Surveys: A comparison of response...; 2004; Velez, P., Buletti, J. D., Volz, S.
- Measuring perceptions and behavior in household surveys; 2004; McFadden, D., Schwarz, N., Winter, J.
- Usability, Comparability And Data Quality Across Modes And Technologies In Census Data Collection; 2004; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- SFSU Student Voting Survey; 2004; Blash, L., Kosheleva-Coats, J.
- Profile, needs, and expectations of information professionals: What we learned from the 2003 ASIST membership...; 2004; Vaughan, L., Hahn, T. B.
- Valuation of Natural Resource Improvements in the Adirondacks; 2004; Banzhaf, S., Burtraw, D., Evans, D., Krupnick A.
- A Web-Based Survey of AAASP Members' Ethical Beliefs and Behaviors in the New Millennium; 2004; Etzel, E. F., Watson, J. C., Zizzi, S.
- Internet vs. Access Point Intercept Survey to Obtain Stakeholder Information; 2004; Penkala, J. M.
- Comparison of web and mail surveys in collecting illicit drug use data: a randomized experiment; 2004; McCabe, S. E.
- Online Data Collection in Women's Health Research: A Study of Perimenopausal Women with Migraines; 2004; Moloney, M. F.
- Assessing Internet Survey Data Collection Methods with Ethnic Nurse Shift Workers.; 2004; Hobbs, B. B., Farr, L. A.
- Will Web Surveys Ever Become Part of Mainstream Research?; 2004; Schonlau, M.
- Expanding Discrimination Research: Beyond Ethnicity and to the Web; 2004; Kuran, T., McCaffery, E. J.
- Internet Versus Mailed Questionnaires: A Randomized Comparison; 2004; Ritter, P., Lorig, K., Laurent, D., Matthews, K.
- Early learnings from Chicago; 2004; Garland, I., Malley, W.
- A Comparison of Objective Characteristics and User Perception of Web Sites; 2004; Lee, S. -J., Lee, W. -N., Kim, H., Stout, P. A.
- Conducting market research using the Internet: the case of Xenon Laboratories; 2004; Lockett, A., Blackman, I.
- Collegiate Living Environments: A Predictor of Binge Drinking, Negative Consequences, and Risk-Reducing...; 2004; Boyd, C. J., Mc, S., d'Arcy, H.
- Surgical Management of Obese Patients with Eating Disorders: A Survey of Current Practice; 2004; Devlin, M. J., Goldfein, J. A., Flancbaum, L., Bessler, M., Eisenstadt, R.
- Nurses' autonomy: influence of nurse managers' actions; 2004; Mrayyan, M. T.
- Online Data Collection from Video Game Players: Methodological Issues; 2004; Wood, R. T. A., Griffiths, M. D., Eatough, V.
- The usability of CAS systems: an Intemet-based survey; 2004; Wu, T., Zimolong, A., Radermacher, K.
- Does Telephone Audio Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Improve the Accuracy of Prevalence Estimates...; 2004; Currivan, D. B., Nyman, A. L., Biener, L. F., Turner, C. F.