Web Survey Bibliography
Title Advertising on the web: Is there response before click-through?
Source Journal Of Advertising Reserach, 37, 2, pp. 33-45
Access date 20.08.2004
Abstract Since advertising on the world wide Web began in 1994, marketers have asked the same question they ask of all advertising in any media: Does it work? More specifically, do banner ads (those small, hyperlinked pixel displays popping up on public Web sites) actually provide a vehicle for effective commercial communication? As marketers are projected to spend billions of dollars on Web advertising in the next few years, this question becomes increasingly important. Until now, the only available answer has been partial at best. The accepted wisdom suggests that, yes, ad banners do work as direct marketing vehicles - but only when viewers click on them for transport to the advertiser's own Web site, where a wide range of customized marketing proces...
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1997
Web Survey Bibliography - 1997 (115)
- Reinterview: A tool for survey quality improvement; 2007; Feindt, P. et al.
- Getting a foot in the electronic door Understanding why people read or delete electronic mail; 1997; Tuten, T. L.
- Internet marketing research: resources and techniques; 1997; Forrest, E.
- How users read on the web; 1997; Nielsen, J.
- From theoretical concepts to survey question; 1997; Hox, J.
- Feeling thermometers versus 7-point scales. Which are better?; 1997; Alwin, D. F.
- Electronic methods of collecting survey data: A review of E-research; 1997; Tuten, T. L.
- Editing of survey data: How much is enough?; 1997; Grandquist, L., Kovar, J. G.
- Designing rating scales for effective measurernent in surveys; 1997; Krosnick, J. A., Fabrigar, L. R.
- Internet Surveys by Direct Mailing An Innovative Way of Collecting Data; 1997; Swoboda, W. J., Muehlberger, N., Weitkunat, R., Schneeweiss, S.
- Operate your own World-Wide Web server; 1997; Hoffman, R., Macdonald, J., Schmidt, W. C.
- Best Practices in Interviewing Via the Internet; 1997; Witt, K. J.
- Some Considerations for Conducting an Electronic Mail Study with University Students; 1997; Williams, A. N., Morphew, C.C., Nusser, S. M.
- Sixth World Wide Web survey; 1997; Guzdial, M.
- Between Anecdote and Science: Using E-Mail To Learn about Student Experiences; 1997; Furlong, D. K.
- Determining Effective Follow-up of E-Mail Surveys; 1997; Kittleson, M. J.
- A Web-Based Archive of Psychological Experiments: Challenges for Client Server Interactions; 1997; Oehlmann, R.
- Research on internet; 1997; Batagelj, Z.
- Theory Building in Qualitative Research and Computer Programs for the Management of Textual Data; 1997; Kelle, U.
- On the Uses of Computer-Assisted Simulation Modeling in the Social Sciences; 1997; Hanneman, R., Patrick, S.
- Developing Online Market Research Methods and Tools - Considering Theorizing Interacivity: Model and...; 1997; Harris, C.
- Web Survey Issues; 1997; Runfeldt, S.
- The Effect of E-Personality on Research Results; 1997; MacElroy, B.
- Spam and Research on the Internet; 1997; Colby, C.
- Search no Further. Yahoo!'s Audience Analysis Project - A Case Study; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- Achieving Greater Understanding of Your Target Market Through Online Research; 1997; Stark, M. M.
- New possibilities?! How the enemies of market research try to kill the industry by 'market research...; 1997; Pfleiderer, R.
- The Harris Poll Online; 1997; Jeavons, A., Bayer, L. R.
- Will Interviewers Become Redundent?; 1997; Gerrard, L.
- Online interviewing via world wide web; 1997; Losemann, F.
- Exploiting the Research Potential of the World Wide Web; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- Conducting Survey Research on the WWW: A Critical Evaluation of Resources; 1997; Kempcke, K.
- How Reuters is Using the Web for Customer Surveys; 1997; Perrott, N.
- The Firm: Automating the Research Process Via the Net; 1997; Haugland, B.
- Ukopinion.com - A Dedicated Web Site Approach to On-line Interviewing; 1997; Comley, P.
- Web Surveys - The Professional Way; 1997; Kottler, R. E.
- QML - Questionnaire Markup Language; 1997; Batagelj, Z.
- Forget the millennium ... the future is www.now; 1997; Lee, H. K., Dea, D.
- Questionnaire Administration via the WWW: A Validation & Reliability Study for a User Satisfaction Questionnaire...; 1997; Harper, B., Slaughter, L., Norman K. L.
- The Internet: Access grows, policies lag; 1997; Frost, M.
- Declarative Specifications and Program Generation Techniques; 1997; Leung, J.
- Choosing E-mail or Web for on-line research; 1997; Chisholm, J.
- An integrated approach: Technology firm conducts worldwide satisfaction research survey via e-mail,...; 1997; Chisholm, J., Slevin, J.,
- From here to eternity electronic commerce survey; 1997; Anonymous
- New Software Brings Power and Capability to Web Research; 1997; Anonymous
- On-Line Recruitment & Web Sampling; 1997; Froggatt, M., Coates, D.
- Advertising on the web: Is there response before click-through?; 1997; Briggs, R., Hollis, N.
- FIRM - Technology to Build Your Infrastructure; 1997; Haugland, B.
- The Use of the Internet for Opinion Polls; 1997; Comley, P.