Web Survey Bibliography
Title Advertising on the web: Is there response before click-through?
Source Journal Of Advertising Reserach, 37, 2, pp. 33-45
Access date 20.08.2004
Abstract Since advertising on the world wide Web began in 1994, marketers have asked the same question they ask of all advertising in any media: Does it work? More specifically, do banner ads (those small, hyperlinked pixel displays popping up on public Web sites) actually provide a vehicle for effective commercial communication? As marketers are projected to spend billions of dollars on Web advertising in the next few years, this question becomes increasingly important. Until now, the only available answer has been partial at best. The accepted wisdom suggests that, yes, ad banners do work as direct marketing vehicles - but only when viewers click on them for transport to the advertiser's own Web site, where a wide range of customized marketing proces...
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6359)
- World in Figures: A Multilingual Internet Application for Statistical Data Dissemination with an Online...; 2002; Kuti, S., Vag, A.
- New Ways of Survey Data Collection: Touchscreens; 2002; Weichbold, M.
- A Comparison of Response Rate, Response Time, and Costs of Mail and Electronic Surveys; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Bradshaw, C. C.
- Describing response behavior in websurveys using client side paradata; 2002; Heerwegh, D.
- Learning the Web: Internet User Experience and Response to Web Marketing in Sweden; 2002; Dahlen, M.
- The Internet and knowledge gaps - A theoretical and empirical investigation; 2002; Bonfadelli, H.
- The Digital Divide, Individuals and Governance: Opportunities and Challenges; 2002; Reddick, A.
- Community Access and the Digital Divide: with Maritime Subtitles; 2002; Rideout, V.
- New Technologies and Survey Data Collection: Challenges and Opportunities; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- ICT and Business Performance in Italy; 2002; de Panizza, A., Nascia, L., Nurra, A., Oropallo, F., Riccardini, F.
- Information And Communication Technologies And E-Commerce In Basque Companies: A Statistical Approach...; 2002; Moran Alaez, E.
- The Digital Divide: Diffusion and use of ICTs; 2002; Montagnier, P., Muller, E., Vickery, G.
- The EU surveys on ICT usage of enterprises; 2002; Deiss, R.
- Visual Design Effects in Web Surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- The Use of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research in the Field of Engineering; 2002; Roztocki, N., Morgan, S. D.
- Nonresponse Error and Mode Effects in Web-based Surveys; 2002; Dean, L.
- Incorporating Internet Surveys into Mixed-Mode Survey Designs; 2002; Tarnai, J.
- Cognitive processes in Web Surveys; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Interactive Aspects of Web Surveys: Lack of Use, Ease of Use and User Models; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Does Propensity Score Weighting Work for Web Surveys?; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Weighting Issues in Web-Surveys; 2002; Varedian, M.
- Recruiting respondents for web surveys: random and other samples; 2002; Schonlau, M.
- The development and administration of a population based Multimedia Computer Assisted Self Interview...; 2002; Robinson, E. M., Watson, P. D., Clark, T. C., Ameratunga, S. N.
- Determinants of Web mode choice in a ''Web and paper'' survey in a high education population; 2002; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- Successful Recruitment for Online Access Panels; 2002; Goeritz, A.
- Building Relationships with Portal Users: The Interplay of Motivation and Relational Factors; 2002; Yoon, D., Cropp, F., Cameron, G.
- The Impact of the Internet on Society; 2002; Allin, P., Bowman, J., Cooper-Green, E. J., Randall, C.
- Can Adopters Narrow the Digital Divide? The Case of Greece; 2002; Leandros, N.
- Measuring the Digital Divide; 2002; Riccardini, F., Fazio, M.
- Proprietary market research: are online panels appropriate?; 2002; McDevitt, P. K., Small, M. H.
- Visual Analog Scales: Do they have a role in the measurement of preferences for health states?; 2001; Torrance, G. W., Feeny, D., Furlong, W.
- Trends in household survey nonresponse: A longitudinal and international comparison; 2001; de Leeuw, E. D., de Heer, W.
- The construction of attitudes; 2001; Schwarz, N., Bohnerd, G.
- Subscale distance and item clustering effects in self-administered surveys: A new metric; 2001; Bradlow, E. T., Fitzsimons, G. J.
- Sociability and usability in online communities: determining and measuring success; 2001; Preece, J.
- On the use of college students in social science research: Insights from a second‐order meta...; 2001; Peterson, R. A.
- Introduction to behavioral research on the internet; 2001; Birnbaum, M. H.
- Improving the measurement of quality of life in older people: the York SF-12; 2001; Iglesias, C. P., Birks, Y. F., Torgerson, D. J.
- Experiments on column width spacing in the University of Michigan Student Life Survey; 2001; Boyd, C. J., McCabe, S. E., Couper, M. P., Crawford, S. D.
- Building an alternative response process model for business surveys; 2001; Willimack, D. K., Nichols, E. M.
- Ethische Dimensionen der Online-Forschung; 2001; Dzeyk, W.
- Panel Bias from Attrition and Conditioning: A Case Study of the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2001; Clinton, J. D.
- Standards for Quality Assurance for Online Surveys; 2001
- Differential effects of Ecstasy and cannabis on self-reports of memory ability: a web-based study; 2001; Rodgers, J., Buchanan, T., Scholey, A. B., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C.
- Ethical issues in qualitative research on internet communities; 2001; Eysenbach, G., Till, E. J.
- Web experiment on colour harmony principles applied to computer user interface design; 2001; Laugwitz, B.
- Knowledge acquisition, navigation and eye movements from text and hypertext; 2001; Naumann, A., Waniek, J., Krems, J. F.
- Stimulus delivery on the Web: What can be presented when calibration isn t possible; 2001; Krantz, J. H.
- Score Reliability in Webor Internet-Based Surveys: Unnumbered Graphic Rating Scales versus Likert-Type...; 2001; Cook, C., Heath, F., Thompson, R. L., Thompson, B.