Web Survey Bibliography
Title Measuring Web Sites Visits
Access date 07.09.2004
Abstract Web sites creators, 'owners' and especially advertisers are very interested in the reach of their sites. There are different ways of measuring it, from software aimed at counting 'impressions', 'requests', 'sessions', to surveys asking for the frequency of visits. There are several problems in their measuring, starting with nonstandardized use of terms such as 'home-page', 'page', 'site', 'website'. In this paper we are going to discuss different measuring instruments and frequency indicators, especially the use of web surveys. We are going to evaluate the results on the frequency of web sites visits from the RIS '98 web survey by comparing them to a parallel telephone survey. We are going to show the difference in results when comparing answers to open-ended and closed questions, answers to questions with web sites logotypes and without logotypes, results from the web and the telephone survey, and results before and after weighting the web survey variables.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication1999
Web Survey Bibliography - 1999 (227)
- The Design of an International Real Time Data Collection System: SADC-HYCOS; 1999; Andrews, A.J., Pieyns, S., Servat, E.
- Survey research; 1999; Krosnick, J. A.
- Self-reports: How the questions shape the answers; 1999; Schwarz, N.
- Factors affecting measurement stability. More is not necessarily better: Effects of number of items...; 1999; Thomas, R. K.
- Calibration as a standard method for treatment of nonresponse; 1999; Lundstrom, S., Sarndal, C.-E.
- Question Appraisal System - QAS-99 ; 1999; Willis, G. B., Lessler, J. T.
- Current Internet science - trends, techniques, results. ; 1999; Reips, U. -D., Batinic, B., Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M., Graef, L., Moser, K., Werner, A.
- Internet Systems for Evaluation Research; 1999; Watt, J.H.
- A Comparison of Mail and E-mail for a Survey of Employees in U.S. Statistical Agencies; 1999
- Sorting data. Collection and analysis; 1999; Coxon, A. P. M.
- 'Once would be enough': some reflections on the issue of safety for lone researchers ; 1999; Kenyon, E., Hawker, S.
- Understanding Online Research: Lessons from the Harris Poll Online; 1999; Terhanian, G.
- Early Experiences Developing Web Surveys; 1999; Kennedy, J. M.
- Designing Surveys That Work! : A Step-by-Step Guide; 1999; Thomas, S. J.
- Nonresponse in Federal Household Surveys: New Measures and New Insights; 1999; Burt, G., Silberstein, A., Winters, F., Atrostic, B. K., Bates, N.
- A Disk by Mail Survey of Pupils in Primary Schools: Data Quality and Logistics; 1999; van Hattum, M. J. C., de Leeuw, E. D.
- The Effect of Incentives on Response Rates in Interviewer-Mediated Surveys; 1999; Singer, E., van Hoewyk, J., Gebler, N., Raghunathan, T., McGonagle, K.
- Online-replication of results from evolutionary psychology research – sex differences in sexual...; 1999; Voracek, M., Stieger, S., Gindl, A.
- Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing: A Method of Capturing Sensitive Information; 1999; Forster, E., McCleery, A.
- Methods to Measure Internet and Other Online Use; 1999; Diem, P.
- Measuring the Flow Construct in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach; 1999; Novak, T. P., Hoffman, D. L., Yung, Y. -F.
- Combining information from a web based survey and a telephone survey; 1999; Tjostheim, I., Solheim, I., Aldrin, M.
- Methodological Aspects of Opinion Polls Conducted on World Wide Web; 1999; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Merjenje elektronskega poslovanja s pomocjo vzorcnih anket; 1999; Vehovar, V.
- Design Aspect of the Web Questionnaires; 1999; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Seven Steps to a Successful Web Survey; 1999; Anonymous
- Survey 101 - A Complete Guide to a Successful Survey; 1999; Anonymous
- Web-Based Employee Satisfaction Surveys Cost Less and Produce Better Results; 1999; Anonymous
- Beyond Questions: Influences on Web Survey Testing; 1999; Terhanian, G., Jeavons, A.
- How the Web is Changing the Face of Research; 1999; Horsfall, J. R.
- Market Research: Precision Decision. Speedy new standard in Web research feeds accuracy, privacy concerns...; 1999; James, D.
- Influence of Type of Question on Skip Pattern Compliance in Self-Administered Questionnaires; 1999; Dillman, D. A., Redline, C. D., Carley-Baxter, L. R.
- Online Research: State of the Industry; 1999; Harmon, G.
- Internet Survey Data Collection: The Case Of Webqual; 1999; Deans, K. R., Adam, S.
- Measuring Web Sites Visits; 1999; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Measuring Electronic Commerce with Sample Surveys: The Methodological Problems; 1999; Vehovar, V.
- Taking Market Research Online; 1999; Roth, M.
- Research on Research: Beyond Parallel Concept Testing; 1999; Lynch, S., Wydra, D.
- Online research. Return on Investment — Measure Your Sales, Not Clicks; 1999; Lenz, P. C.
- Sampling From Internet Discussion Groups; 1999; Bradley, N.
- New technologies for survey research I; 1999; Ho, K.
- Getting the most out of Web-based surveys; 1999; Ward, D.
- Usability Evaluation of Computer Assisted Survey Instruments; 1999; Couper, M. P.
- The Emperor Gets New Clothes; 1999; Gonier, D. E.
- World Wide Web Versus Mail Surveys: A Comparison And Report; 1999; Medlin, C., Subroto, R., Ham C. T.
- The Image and Experience of Internet; 1999; Epple, M., Guenoun, R., Schäfer, J., Cantoni, L.
- Online research with children; 1999; Reips, U. -D.
- Participation in Non-Restricted Web-Surveys - A Typology; 1999; Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M.
- Heady Days Are Here Again. Online polling is rapidly coming of age; 1999; Taylor, H., Terhanian, G.
- Moral Intensity on the World Wide Web: A comparison of investigation methods, and a look at participant...; 1999; Frey, B.F.