Web Survey Bibliography
Title Measuring Electronic Commerce with Sample Surveys: The Methodological Problems
Author Vehovar, V.
Access date 07.09.2004
Full text pdf (33k)
Abstract The paper discusses the survey approach to the measurement of electronic commerce. First, it is shown that methodological problems with electronic commerce measurement are only a specific example of a general problem of measuring information society phenomena. The terminology and the definitions are the most critical issues in electronic commerce survey measurement. Finally, some specifics of the sample survey method are discussed, particularly the sampling and the mode effect. It is shown that in certain circumstances these can severely alter the results. The findings are illustrated with examples from the national survey Research on Internet in Slovenia.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (full text)
Year of publication1999
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Measurement (2044)
- Total Survey Error: past, present, and future; 2010; Groves, R. M., Lyberg, L. E.
- There is an app for that! A review of smartphone apps for marketing research; 2010; Michelson, M.
- The who, what, and where of America: Understanding the American Community Survey; 2010; Gaquin, D. A.
- The weirdest people in the world?; 2010; Heine, S. J., Henrich, J., Norenzayan, A.
- The state of online research in the U.S.; 2010; Miller, J.
- The psychology or survey response. An ASA webinar; 2010; Tourangeau, R.
- The psychology of survey response, 2nd Edition; 2010; Tourangeau, R., Bradburn, N. M.
- The multidimensional integral business survey response model; 2010; Bavda¾, M.
- The impact of next and back buttons on time to complete and measurement reliability in computer-based...; 2010; Gershon, R. C. et al.
- The Gallup Poll: Public opinion 2009; 2010; Gallup, A. M.
- Surveying cultures: Discovering shared conceptions and sentiments; 2010; Heise, D. R.
- Sources of measurement errors in business surveys; 2010; Bavda¾, M.
- Social measurement through social surveys. An applied approach; 2010; Bulmer, M. et al.
- Site-intercpet survey best practices; 2010; Henning, J.
- Sampling: design and analysis, 2nd Edition; 2010; Lohr, S. L.
- Research synthesis. AAPOR report on online panels; 2010; Brick, J. M. et al.
- Recruiting probability samples for a multi-mode research panel with Internet and mail components; 2010; Rao, K.
- Real ID. State of The Art Representative and Repeatable Online Samples. Behaviorally Profiled Respondents...; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Randomized response and indirect questioning techniques in surveys; 2010; Chaudhuri, A.
- Protecting and accessing data from the survey of earned doctorates: A workshop summary; 2010; Plewes, T. J.
- Presentation of a single item versus a grid: Effects on the vitality and mental health subscales of...; 2010; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- Paradata: a new data source from web-administered measures; 2010; Sowan, A. K., Jenkins, L. S.
- Overview of data collection methodology; 2010
- On-the-go and in-the-moment. Mobile research offers speed, immediacy; 2010; Pferdekämper, T.
- Mixed-mode surveys; 2010; Dillman, D. A., Messer, B. L.
- Measuring the group quarters population in the American Community Survey: Interim report; 2010; Marton, K., Voss, P. R.
- Measures of interobserver agreement and reliability; 2010; Shoukri, M. M.
- Libraries nationwide receiving ALA-APA Library Salary Survey Invitation; 2010; Grady, J.
- Global market research 2010; 2010
- Function follows form: Effects of response format on self-reported individuals and household disability...; 2010; Falcone, A. E., Thomas, R. K.
- Exploring the digital nation. Home broadband internet adoption in the United States; 2010
- Envisioning the 2020 Census; 2010; Brown, L. D. et al.
- Ekos' observation of MRIA study - Canadian online panels: similar or different?; 2010
- Demographics of mechanical Turk. Ceder working papers; 2010; Ipeirotis, P. G.
- Conducting biosocial surveys: Collecting, storing, accessing, and protecting biospecimens and biodata...; 2010; Hauser, R. M. et al.
- Disclosure standards; 2010
- Digital Nation: 21st century America’s progress toward universal broadband Internet access; 2010
- Movie Mobile Polls: Does Survey Mode Make a Difference?; 2010; Williams, D.
- The Future of Internet Research; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Comparing the quality of data from postal and online questionnaires; 2010; Smith, A. B., King, M. T., Butow, P., Olver, I.
- Accounting for the effects of data collection modes in population surveys; 2010; Huang, Y. C., Thompson, M. E., Boudreau, C., Fong, G. T.
- Broadband adoption and use in America; 2010; Horrigan, J.
- Applied survey data analysis; 2010; Heeringa, S. G., West, B. T., Berglund, P.
- Applied missing data analysis; 2010; Enders, C. K.
- Application of a check-all-that-apply question for the evaluation of strawberry cultivars from a breeding...; 2010; Lado, J., Vicente, E., Manzzioni, A., Ares, G.
- A framework for understanding and applying ethical principles in network and security research; 2010; Kenneally, E., Bailey, M., Maughan, D.
- Using Online Surveys to Assess Information Needs of Healthcare Professionals in Low Resource Settings...; 2010; Ohkubo, S., Sullivan, T.
- Organizational Survey of Workplace Climate: Differences in Representation Across Response Modes; 2010; Mohr, D., Osatuke, K., Moore, S., Yanovsky, B., Brassell, T., Nagy, M.
- Mobile location based research: Cross cultural examination of coffee culture; 2010; Morden, M., Ferneyhough, C., Grenville, A.
- Designing questions for mixed mode data collection: What have we learnt so far?; 2010; Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P.