Web Survey Bibliography
Title Communities of Care and Caring: The Case of MSWatch.com(R)
Source Journal of Health Psychology, 8, 1, pp. 135-148
Database SAGE Journals Online
Access date 08.09.2004
Abstract Can a health-care website stimulate its members to become a 'community of care and caring', facilitating both medical 'information' and personal 'support'? This study of MSWatch.com provides conceptual distinctions about 'ties' to a 'community' and raises questions about communications designed to serve patients with Multiple Sclerosis. An online survey of members of the website shows that members tend to: (1) make use of both its health-care information (care) and support (caring) functions, especially the former; (2) evaluate the website more highly overall if they make use of both information and support; (3) use the website the most during early stages of the disease; and (4) enhance their ties to the virtual community through using communication information and support.
Access/Direct link SAGE Journals Online (full text)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (394)
- A Preliminary Structural Equation Model of Comprehension and Persuasion of Interactive Advertising Brand...; 2003; Macias, W.
- Two modalities, one answer? Combining Internet and CATI surveys effectively in market research; 2003; Oosterveld, P., Willems, P.
- Getting X-efficiency in marketing research; 2003; Potter, T., Oxley, M.
- Beyond online panels; 2003; Poynter, R., Comley, P.
- New Internet-driven choice modeling capabilities for global market research; 2003; Bakken, D. G., Nagel, J. N.
- Wireless. Communication and research medium?; 2003; Cooke, M., Nielsen, A., Strong, C.
- Measuring newspaper reading during summer period via mobile phones; 2003; Vogelius, L., Widman, L.
- Going mobile. The future of mobile data collection software, hardware, and research methodology; 2003; Cameron, M. R., Weisberg, J. R.
- Strong enough for adults? Interactive television as a research tool; 2003; Chaplin, J., Mills, J.
- Txt msg surveys. Return to sender?; 2003; Hofmann, O., Menti, M., Noyce, D.
- Data collection using electronically assisted interviews in a roadshow: A methodological evaluation; 2003; Marcella, R., Baxter, G., Moore, N.
- The effect of different methods of collecting data: Mail, telephone and filter data collection issues...; 2003; Hawthorne, G.
- Mobile survey wins over cold calls - Broadband: IT Business Special Report; 2003; Henderson, L.
- Electronic Survey Methodology: A Case Study in Reaching Hard to Involve Internet Users; 2003; Andrews, D., Nonnecke, B., Preece, J.
- Reducing error in mail surveys; 2003; Cui, W. W.
- Multiple Answer Questions in Self-administered Surveys: The Use of Check-All-That-Apply and Forced-Choice...; 2003; Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D., Christian, L. M., Stern, M. J.
- Editing strategies used by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in Data Collection over the Internet; 2003; Cohen, S. H.
- Impact of messages on concomitant use of nicotine replacement therapy and cigarettes: a randomized trial...; 2003; le Houezec, J., Landfeldt, B., Etter, J. -F.
- Improving email response in a permission marketing context; 2003; Kent, R., Brandal, H.
- Using on-line surveys to measure three key constructs of the quality of human–computer interaction...; 2003; van Schaik, P., Ling, J.
- The feasibility of computer-assisted survey interviewing in Africa: Experience from two rural districts...; 2003; Hewett, P. C., Erulkar, A. S., Mensch, B. S.
- Consistency in the reporting of sexual behavior among adolescent girls in Kenya: A comparison of interviewing...; 2003; Hewett, P. C., Mensch, B. S., Erulkar, A. S.
- GPRS m-telephone interviewing - a survey method for the future?; 2003; Tjostheim, I.
- Perceived Characteristics and Abilities of an Effective Marketing Department Head; 2003; Trocchia, P. J., Andrus, D. M.
- Best Practices in the Assessment of Hotel-guest Attitudes; 2003; Schall, M.
- Eminent Domain: An Evaluation Based on Criteria Relating to Equity, Effectiveness, and Efficiency; 2003; Cypher, M. L., Forgey, F. A.
- Explicating Web Site Interactivity: Impression Formation Effects in Political Campaign Sites; 2003; Sundar, S. S., Kalyanaraman, S., Brown, J.
- Patterns of Drug Use and the Influence of Gender on Self-Reports of Memory Ability in Ecstasy Users:...; 2003; Rodgers, J., Buchanan, T., Scholey, A. B., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C.
- Broadening Public Access to Data through the Development of Tools for Data Novices; 2003; Card, J. J., Shapiro, L., Amarillas, A., McKean, E., Kuhn, T.
- How the Web Influenced Political Attitudes and Behaviors in the 1996 and 2000 Presidential Elections; 2003; Kaye, B. K., Johnson, T. J.
- Communities of Care and Caring: The Case of MSWatch.com(R); 2003; Weis, R., Stamm, K., Smith, C. B., Nilan, M., Clark, F., Weis, J., Kennedy, K.
- Safe Passages: Providing Online Support to Beginning Teachers; 2003; DeWert, M. H., Babinski, L. M., Jones, B. D.
- Determinants of Online Channel Use and Overall Satisfaction with a Relational, Multichannel Service...; 2003; Montoya-Weiss, M. M., Voss, G. B., Grewal, D.
- Massive Questionnaires for Personality Capture; 2003; Bainbridge, W. S.
- Internet Use and Misuse: Preliminary Findings from a New Assessment Instrument; 2003; Rotunda, R. J., Kass, S. J., Sutton, M. A., Leon, D. T.
- Around the World Wide Web in 80 Ways: How Motives for Going Online are Linked to Internet Activities...; 2003; Johnson, T. J., Kaye, B. K.
- The Relative Importance of External, Internal, Individual and Procedural Equity to Pay Satisfaction:...; 2003; Terpstra, D. E., Honoree, A. L.
- Survey of Transformative and Spiritual Dimensions of Higher Education; 2003; Duerr, M., Zajonc, A., Dana, D.
- Another Look At Technology Use In Classrooms: The Development And Validation Of An Instrument To Measure...; 2003; Hogarty, K. Y., Lang, T. R., Kromrey, J. D.
- Toward Improved Methods for Measurement of Utility: Automated Repair of Errors in Elicitations; 2003; Lenert, L. A., Sturley, A. E., Rupnow, M.
- Giving Voice to Students: Using the Internet for Data Collection; 2003; Shields, C. M.
- Show Your Real Face: A Fan Study of the UK Big Brother Transmissions (2000, 2001, 2002). Investigating...; 2003; Jones, J. M.
- Innovation in Online Research - Who Needs Online Panels?; 2003; Comley, P.
- If the Internet is so clever, why aren't we all rich!; 2003; Poynter, R.
- Comparison two modes of data collection: WWW and mail; 2003; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- Interpreting Web vs paper mode choice using supplementary data; 2003; Himmelmann, M., Romano, M. F.
- Methodological aspects of comparisons between Web & paper surveys; 2003; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- What is the Future for Telephone Surveys?; 2003; Collins, M., Sykes, W.
- From PAPI to CAPI: consequences for data quality on the British Household Panel Study; 2003; Laurie, H.
- Comparing On-Line and On-Paper Responses to an Employee Satisfaction Survey; 2003; Stone, G.E.