Web Survey Bibliography
Title Another Look At Technology Use In Classrooms: The Development And Validation Of An Instrument To Measure Teachers’ Perceptions
Author Hogarty, K. Y., Lang, T. R., Kromrey, J. D.
Source Educational and Psychological Measurement, 63, 1, pp. 139-162
Database SAGE Journals Online
Access date 08.09.2004
Abstract This article describes the development and initial validation of scores from a survey designed to measure teachers’ reported use of technology in their classrooms. Based on data obtained from a sample of approximately 2,000 practicing teachers, factor analytic and correlational methods were used to obtain evidence of the validity of scores derived from responses to the instrument. In addition, analyses of Web and paper versions of the survey suggest relatively minor differences in responses, although the response rates for the paper version were substantially higher. The results were interpreted in terms of the utility of the instrument for measuring the confluence of factors that are critical for inquiry related to technology use in classrooms.
Access/Direct link SAGE Journals Online (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - Educational and Psychological Measurement (10)
- Examining Contexts-of-Use for Web-Based and Paper-Based Questionnaires; 2012; Hardré, P. L., Crowson, H. M., Xie, K.
- Assessing personality traits through response latencies using item response theory; 2011; Ranger, J., Ortner, T. M.
- Survey Response Rates and Survey Administration in Counseling and Clinical Psychology A Meta-Analysis...; 2009; Van Horn, P. S., Green, K. E., Martinussen, M.
- Blocked versus randomized format of questionnaires. A confirmatory multigroup analysis; 2006; Sparfeldt, J. R., Schilling, S. R., Rost, D. H., Rost, D. H., Thiel, A.
- An Examination of the Equivalence of Web-Based Versus Paper-and-Pencil Upward Feedback Ratings: Rater...; 2004; Smither, J.W., Walker, A.G., Yap, M.K.T.
- Another Look At Technology Use In Classrooms: The Development And Validation Of An Instrument To Measure...; 2003; Hogarty, K. Y., Lang, T. R., Kromrey, J. D.
- Score Reliability in Webor Internet-Based Surveys: Unnumbered Graphic Rating Scales versus Likert-Type...; 2001; Cook, C., Heath, F., Thompson, R. L., Thompson, B.
- Do Different Response Formats Change the Latent Structure of Responses? An Empirical Investigation Using...; 2001; Arnau, R. C., Thompson, R. L., Cook, C.
- Effect of response order on likert-type scales; 2000; Weng, L. J., Cheng, C. P.
- A Meta-Analysis of Response Rates in Web- or Internet-Based Surveys; 2000; Cook, C., Heath, F., Thompson, R. L.