Web Survey Bibliography
Title Technology and the Customer Interface: What Consumers Want in the Physical and Virtual Store
Author Burke, R. R.
Source Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 30, 4, pp. 411-432
Database SAGE Journals Online
Access date 08.09.2004
Abstract For companies to realize the benefits of recent innovationsin customer interface technology, they need to understand the value consumers place on technology as part of the shopping process. A national survey of 2,120 online consumers was conducted to explore how people want to shopin both online and in-store environments and determinehow interactive and conventional media work together tomove consumers through the purchase process. The study investigated 128 different aspects of the shopping experience,from common elements to recent innovations. The resultsindicated that consumers are generally satisfied withthe convenience, quality, selection, and value provided byretailers today. They are less satisfied with the level of serviceprovided, the availability of product information, andthe speed of the shopping process. The findings suggestthat new technologies can enhance the shopping experience,but applications must be tailored to the unique requirementsof consumer segments and product categories.
Access/Direct link SAGE Journals Online (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (421)
- I/PRO's Vision on the Present and Future of Web Measurement; 2002; Poler, A.
- The Impact Of Demographics On Choice Of Survey Modes: Demographics Distinctiveness Between Web-Based...; 2002; Datta, P., Walsh, K., Terrell, D.
- Online Surveys - An Useful Internet; 2002; Anonymous
- The propensity score and estimation in nonrandom surveys - an overview; 2002; Danielsson, S.
- Surveys Support IT Decision Making in Higher Education; 2002; Berger, C.
- Access Web Surveys; 2002; Presley, K. E.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- From Paper-and-Pencil to Screen-and-Keyboard: An Empirical Assessment of Equivalence Issues in Internet...; 2002; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Designing Web Surveys; 2002; Wise, L.
- Using a Database Web Survey To Manage Student Feedback About Courses: Building a Learning Community...; 2002; Gray, K., Allan, G.
- Email für Direktkandidaten. Erfahrungen mit Email-Befragungen unter Direktkandidaten bei Landtagswahlen...; 2002; Faas, T.
- Using the Content of Online Privacy Notices to Inform Public Policy: A Longitudinal Analysis of the...; 2002; Milne, G. R., Culnan, M. J.
- Examining Online Instruction in Undergraduate Nursing Education; 2002; Christianson, L., Tiene, D., Luft, P.
- Surveys in Social Research (Social Research Today); 2002; de Vaus, D.
- Obtaining Sensitive Data Through the Web: An Example of Design and Methods; 2002; Baer, A., Saroiu, S., Koutsky, L. A.
- Survey of Doctors' Experience of Patients Using the Internet; 2002; Potts, H. W. W., Wyatt, J. C., Pagerey, P.D.
- Conducting Online Research; 2002; Hogg, A.
- Models in the Practice of Survey Sampling (Revisited); 2002; Kalton, G.
- Better television audience measurement through cable and satellite set top boxes; 2002; Harvey, B., Jarvis, T., Booth, R.
- The end of measurement as we know it?; 2002; Green, A.
- Internet panel as a tool for TV programme appreciation research; 2002; Hammersma, M., Appel, M.
- Quality control of TV peoplemeter panels; 2002; Chavenon, H., Khoury, J.
- The future is now. The latest findings from the market launch of the portable people meter in Philadelphia...; 2002; Patchen, R. H., Webb, B. M.
- Online audience distribution and duplication. A new perspective on consumer behavior in tactical media...; 2002; Zeman, M.
- Optimising the effect of hybrid marketing campaigns; 2002; Rietberg, J., Menkveld, M.
- Reaching children online. A longitudinal study of Internet habits; 2002; Clarke, J.
- Daily reach using SMS. Measuring and reporting reach in real time; 2002; Widman, L., Vogelius, L.
- Electronic measurement of magazine reading. New methodology, new problems, new solutions; 2002; Mattlin, J.
- Libraries and desktop storage options: results of a Web-based survey; 2002; Hendricks, A., Wang, J.
- The local/global decision in Internet research; 2002; Crawford, S. D., Jones, S., Rowen, C.
- Improving Honeywell’s market research. Combining online surveys, traditional interviewing techniques...; 2002; Feld, K. G., Stone, W. K.
- A cup of tea, a sofa and a remote control. The world of research through interactive TV; 2002; Walker, D. A.
- Survey Professionals Using Electronic Surveys; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-Based Surveys for Data Gathering from Medical Educators: An Exploration of the Efficacy and Impact...; 2002; Lee, C., Frank, J. R., Cole, G., Mikhael, N. Z., Miles, C. A.
- You Still Need High Response Rates with Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- E-research: Methods, Strategies and Issues; 2002; Anderson, T., Kanuka, H.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Rape Myth Acceptance and Judgments of Vulnerability to Sexual Assault: An Internet Experiment; 2002; Bohner, G., Danner, U. N., Siebler, F., Samson, G. B.
- Measuring Differences in Preactivation on the Internet: The Content Category Superiority Effect; 2002; Eichstaedt, J.
- Internet Experts' Planning of Explanations for Laypersons: A Web Experimental Approach in the Internet...; 2002; Nueckles, M., Bromme, R.
- Going Beyond the Conversion of Paper Survey Forms to Web Surveys; 2002; Chatman, S.
- Using Opscan Technology in Survey Research; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- Navigating the Rapids of Change: Some Observations on Survey Methodology in the Early 21st Century; 2002; Dillman, D. A.
- Using Electronic Surveys: Advice from Survey Professionals; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-based surveys: changing the survey process; 2002; Gunn, H.
- On-line with e-mums: exploring the Internet as a medium for research; 2002; Madge, C., O' Connor, H.
- Survey Response Quality: Shirking Behaviour in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2002; VanBeselaere, C.
- Hard Choices, Easy Answers: Values, Information, and American Public Opinion; 2002; Alvarez, M. R., Brehm, J.
- Internet Research Looks in the Mirror: A Survey of North American Research Professionals; 2002; Prophis
- The Internet and city tourism - information sources for travel planning; 2002; Tjostheim, I., Tronvoll, B.