Web Survey Bibliography
Title Factor Structures of Three Measures of Research Self-Efficacy
Author Forester, M., Kahn, J. H., Hesson-McInnis, M. S.
Source Journal of Career Assessment, 12, 1, pp. 3-16
Database SAGE Journals Online
Access date 09.09.2004
Abstract Measures of research self-efficacy have the potential to facilitate graduate training and mentoring, but the hypothesized factor structures of these measures have not been confirmed empirically. Moreover, the underlying dimensions of research self-efficacy across multiple measures are unknown. Graduate students in psychology programs (N = 1,004) completed three research self-efficacy instruments via a Web-based survey. Confirmatory factor analyses did not support the hypothesized factor structures. An exploratory factor analysis suggested that four dimensions of research self-efficacy (data analysis, research integration, data collection, and technical writing) underlie responses to items from the three instruments. The authors present possible reasons for the differences in factor structures across instruments and suggest how the assessment of research self-efficacy may facilitate the training and career mentoring of graduate students.
Access/Direct link SAGE Journals Online (full text)
Year of publication2004
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Research on Internet (644)
- A usability of a new graphical shopping interface through GlobalPark; 2009; Groenen, P. J. F., Kagie, M.
- Effects of data collection technique on the quality of data: A MTMM study of CATI, CAPI and Online interviews...; 2009; Scherpenzeel, A.
- Effectiveness of incentives in mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs; 2009; Vehovar, V.; Lozar Manfreda, K.; Berzelak, N.
- Web-based measurement: Effect of completing single or multiple items per webpage; 2009; Thorndike, F. P., Carlbring, P., Smyth, F. L., Magee, J. C., Gonder-Frederick, L., Ost, L. G., Ritterband...
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Usability testing; 2008; Roe, D. J.
- Foundation of quality project overview; 2008
- Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social Network Sites; 2008; Hargittai, E.
- ‘Looking at’, ‘Looking up’ or ‘Keeping up with’ People? Motives...; 2008; Joinson, A. N.
- Objectivity, Reliability, and Validity of Search Engine Count Estimates ; 2008; Janetzko, D.
- More than the digital divide?: Investigating the differences between Internet and non-Internet users; 2008; Zhang, C., Callegaro, M., Thomas, M.
- Internet dating: a British survey; 2008; Gunter, B.
- Social Web Data as a Source for Social Science Research. The Example of a German Online Dating Website...; 2008; Skopek, J., Schmitz, A.
- Use of the Internet as a data collection tool: a methodological investigation of online synchronous...; 2008; Evans, A. R., Elford, J., Wiggins, D.
- The Role of Cash Incentives in Online Panelist Motivations: Experimental Results on Unit Response and...; 2008; Taylor, E.
- Predictors and Barriers to Collecting Data from Early Childhood Educators Using the Web; 2008; Caspe, M., Sonnenfeld, K., Meagher, C., Sprachman, S., Scaturro, G.
- Internet Surveys: Can Statistical Adjustments Eliminate Coverage Bias?; 2008; Dever, J. A., Rafferty, A., Valliant, R. L.
- Eliciting Subjective Expectations in Internet Surveys ; 2008; Delavande, A., Rohwedder, S.
- Internet Research: Developments, problems, and potential; 2008; Welker, M., Matzat, U.
- Response Non-Differentiation and Response Styles in Web-Based Studies: Causes and Consequences ; 2008; Frisina, L. T., Thomas, R. K.
- Cost efficiency in a mixed-mode survey – The Norwegian Rent Marked Survey; 2008; Lagerstrom, B. O.
- Analyzing Social Networks via the Internet; 2008; Hogan, B.
- The effects of incentives in internet panels: a review; 2008; Goeritz, A.
- Asking the age question in mail and online surveys; 2008; Gendall, P., Healey, B.
- Whither statistical metadata?; 2007; Westlake, A.
- Web survey design; 2007; Ma, Q., McCord, M.
- Utility and happiness; 2007; Kimball, M. S., Willis, R.
- The Internet audience. Constitution & measurement; 2007; Bermejo, F.
- Sampling for web surveys; 2007; Rivers, D.
- Research Operations at Yahoo! - transformation of Web interview capabilities; 2007; Cohen, A.
- Reconstructing childhood health histories using internet panels; 2007; Smith, J. P.
- Online market research, 5th Edition; 2007; Comley, P.
- IMRO guidelines for best practices in online sample and panel management; 2007
- Developments in electronic survey design for establishment surveys; 2007; O'Neill, G.
- The benefits of Facebook “friends:” Social capital and college students' use of online...; 2007; Ellison, N. B., Steinﬁeld, C., Lampe, C.
- Trust and privacy concern within social networking sites: A comparison of Facebook and MySpace ; 2007; Dwyer, R., Passerini , K., Hiltz, S. R.
- Online research ethics; 2007; Madge, C.
- Crypto law survey; 2007; Koops, B. -J.
- Context effects in Internet Surveys: New issues and evidence; 2007; D. Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., Smith, A.Smyth, J. D.
- Technical considerations when implementing online research; 2007; Schmidt, W. C.
- Using online panels in psychological research; 2007; Goeritz, A.
- The Online Measurement of Ego Centered Online Social Networks; 2007; Matzat, U., Snijders, C.
- Using user feedback: Redesigning the "Survey of Industrial production"; 2007; Conrad, A.
- Web Panels: The Future of Survey Research?; 2007; Krotki, K.
- Effects of Answer Space Size on Responses to Open-ended questions in mail surveys; 2007; Israel, G. D.
- "Dirty Politics" Web Experiments on the Effects of Negative Communication Actions ; 2007; Tatzl, G.
- Quality of Online Research: Does it Improve Results? ; 2007; Lindemann, M.
- New Access to Information laws in Germany - a big bang for Computer-Assisted Reporting (CAR)? ; 2007; Redelfs, M.
- Online research praxis: the role of online research at Yahoo! ; 2007; Gonzales, R.
- Is Online Deception Really a Threat to Data Quality in Online Studies? Results from a Review; 2007; Stieger, S.