Web Survey Bibliography
Title Building Relationships with Portal Users: The Interplay of Motivation and Relational Factors
Author Yoon, D., Cropp, F., Cameron, G.
Source Journal of Interactive Advertising, 3, 1
Access date 17.03.2004
Full text doc (143k)
Abstract Motivation for Web portal use is an important factor in the continued growth of e-commerce. Particularly for Web portals, motivation may be intertwined with various dimensions of a relationship that is cultivated between the portal and users. Specifically, the four motivation factors (feature, personalization, familiarity, and searching) are highly correlated to trust and satisfaction. Greater loyalty was found for AOL than for other portals, with no significant differences in relationship with Web users among the free Web portals such as Yahoo. Heavy web users and early adopters were more likely to use personalized Web portals and enjoy communicating with others through the Internet. Because a long relationship with Web portals is one motivation to use them, the highly correlated motivation factors found in this study are important to building strong relationships with Web users. These findings have implications for marketers and public relations practitioners.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (418)
- The EU surveys on ICT usage of enterprises; 2002; Deiss, R.
- Visual Design Effects in Web Surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- The Use of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research in the Field of Engineering; 2002; Roztocki, N., Morgan, S. D.
- Nonresponse Error and Mode Effects in Web-based Surveys; 2002; Dean, L.
- Incorporating Internet Surveys into Mixed-Mode Survey Designs; 2002; Tarnai, J.
- Cognitive processes in Web Surveys; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Interactive Aspects of Web Surveys: Lack of Use, Ease of Use and User Models; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Does Propensity Score Weighting Work for Web Surveys?; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Weighting Issues in Web-Surveys; 2002; Varedian, M.
- Recruiting respondents for web surveys: random and other samples; 2002; Schonlau, M.
- The development and administration of a population based Multimedia Computer Assisted Self Interview...; 2002; Robinson, E. M., Watson, P. D., Clark, T. C., Ameratunga, S. N.
- Determinants of Web mode choice in a ''Web and paper'' survey in a high education population; 2002; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- Successful Recruitment for Online Access Panels; 2002; Goeritz, A.
- Building Relationships with Portal Users: The Interplay of Motivation and Relational Factors; 2002; Yoon, D., Cropp, F., Cameron, G.
- The Impact of the Internet on Society; 2002; Allin, P., Bowman, J., Cooper-Green, E. J., Randall, C.
- Can Adopters Narrow the Digital Divide? The Case of Greece; 2002; Leandros, N.
- Measuring the Digital Divide; 2002; Riccardini, F., Fazio, M.
- Proprietary market research: are online panels appropriate?; 2002; McDevitt, P. K., Small, M. H.