Web Survey Bibliography
Title Measuring the Flow Construct in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach
Access date 08.10.2004
Abstract Intuition and previous research suggest that creating a compelling online environment for Web consumers will have numerous positive consequences for commercial Web providers. Online executives note that creating a compelling online experience for cyber customers is critical to creating competitive advantage on the Internet. Yet, very little is known about the factors that make using the Web a compelling experience for its users, and of the key consumer behavior outcomes of this compelling experience. In a quantitative modeling framework, we develop a structural model that embodies the components of what makes for a compelling online experience. We use data collected from a largesample Web-based consumer survey to measure these constructs, and fit a series of structural equation models that test related prior theory. Our formulation provides marketing scientists with operational definitions of key model constructs and establishes reliability and validity in a comprehensive measurement framework. Further, our model constructs relate in significant ways to key consumer behavior variables, including online shopping and Web use applications such as the extent to which consumers search for product information and participate in chat rooms. As such, our model may be useful both theoretically and in practice as marketers strive to decipher the secrets of commercial success in interactive online environment.
Access/Direct link Homepage - eLab (full text)
Year of publication1999
Bibliographic typeGeneric - other
Web Survey Bibliography - 1999 (226)
- Survey research; 1999; Krosnick, J. A.
- Self-reports: How the questions shape the answers; 1999; Schwarz, N.
- Factors affecting measurement stability. More is not necessarily better: Effects of number of items...; 1999; Thomas, R. K.
- Calibration as a standard method for treatment of nonresponse; 1999; Lundstrom, S., Sarndal, C.-E.
- Question Appraisal System - QAS-99 ; 1999; Willis, G. B., Lessler, J. T.
- Current Internet science - trends, techniques, results. ; 1999; Reips, U. -D., Batinic, B., Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M., Graef, L., Moser, K., Werner, A.
- Internet Systems for Evaluation Research; 1999; Watt, J.H.
- A Comparison of Mail and E-mail for a Survey of Employees in U.S. Statistical Agencies; 1999
- Sorting data. Collection and analysis; 1999; Coxon, A. P. M.
- 'Once would be enough': some reflections on the issue of safety for lone researchers ; 1999; Kenyon, E., Hawker, S.
- Understanding Online Research: Lessons from the Harris Poll Online; 1999; Terhanian, G.
- Early Experiences Developing Web Surveys; 1999; Kennedy, J. M.
- Designing Surveys That Work! : A Step-by-Step Guide; 1999; Thomas, S. J.
- Nonresponse in Federal Household Surveys: New Measures and New Insights; 1999; Burt, G., Silberstein, A., Winters, F., Atrostic, B. K., Bates, N.
- A Disk by Mail Survey of Pupils in Primary Schools: Data Quality and Logistics; 1999; van Hattum, M. J. C., de Leeuw, E. D.
- The Effect of Incentives on Response Rates in Interviewer-Mediated Surveys; 1999; Singer, E., van Hoewyk, J., Gebler, N., Raghunathan, T., McGonagle, K.
- Online-replication of results from evolutionary psychology research – sex differences in sexual...; 1999; Voracek, M., Stieger, S., Gindl, A.
- Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing: A Method of Capturing Sensitive Information; 1999; Forster, E., McCleery, A.
- Methods to Measure Internet and Other Online Use; 1999; Diem, P.
- Measuring the Flow Construct in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach; 1999; Novak, T. P., Hoffman, D. L., Yung, Y. -F.
- Combining information from a web based survey and a telephone survey; 1999; Tjostheim, I., Solheim, I., Aldrin, M.
- Methodological Aspects of Opinion Polls Conducted on World Wide Web; 1999; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Merjenje elektronskega poslovanja s pomocjo vzorcnih anket; 1999; Vehovar, V.
- Design Aspect of the Web Questionnaires; 1999; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Seven Steps to a Successful Web Survey; 1999; Anonymous
- Survey 101 - A Complete Guide to a Successful Survey; 1999; Anonymous
- Web-Based Employee Satisfaction Surveys Cost Less and Produce Better Results; 1999; Anonymous
- Beyond Questions: Influences on Web Survey Testing; 1999; Terhanian, G., Jeavons, A.
- How the Web is Changing the Face of Research; 1999; Horsfall, J. R.
- Market Research: Precision Decision. Speedy new standard in Web research feeds accuracy, privacy concerns...; 1999; James, D.
- Influence of Type of Question on Skip Pattern Compliance in Self-Administered Questionnaires; 1999; Dillman, D. A., Redline, C. D., Carley-Baxter, L. R.
- Online Research: State of the Industry; 1999; Harmon, G.
- Internet Survey Data Collection: The Case Of Webqual; 1999; Deans, K. R., Adam, S.
- Measuring Web Sites Visits; 1999; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Measuring Electronic Commerce with Sample Surveys: The Methodological Problems; 1999; Vehovar, V.
- Taking Market Research Online; 1999; Roth, M.
- Research on Research: Beyond Parallel Concept Testing; 1999; Lynch, S., Wydra, D.
- Online research. Return on Investment — Measure Your Sales, Not Clicks; 1999; Lenz, P. C.
- Sampling From Internet Discussion Groups; 1999; Bradley, N.
- New technologies for survey research I; 1999; Ho, K.
- Getting the most out of Web-based surveys; 1999; Ward, D.
- Usability Evaluation of Computer Assisted Survey Instruments; 1999; Couper, M. P.
- The Emperor Gets New Clothes; 1999; Gonier, D. E.
- World Wide Web Versus Mail Surveys: A Comparison And Report; 1999; Medlin, C., Subroto, R., Ham C. T.
- The Image and Experience of Internet; 1999; Epple, M., Guenoun, R., Schäfer, J., Cantoni, L.
- Online research with children; 1999; Reips, U. -D.
- Participation in Non-Restricted Web-Surveys - A Typology; 1999; Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M.
- Heady Days Are Here Again. Online polling is rapidly coming of age; 1999; Taylor, H., Terhanian, G.
- Moral Intensity on the World Wide Web: A comparison of investigation methods, and a look at participant...; 1999; Frey, B.F.
- Computer Literacy and Attitudes toward the Computer: On the Equivalence of Online- und Paper-Pencil-...; 1999; Richter, T., Naumann, J., Noller, S.