Web Survey Bibliography
Title Scientific LogAnalyzer: A Web-based tool for analyses of server log files in psychological research
Source Behavior Research Methods, Instruments & Computers, 36, 2, pp. 304-312
Access date 12.10.2004
Abstract Geoffrey Loftus, Editor of Memory & Cognition from 1994 to 1997, strongly encouraged presentation of figures with error bars and avoidance of null hypothesis significance testing (NHST). The authors examined 696 Memory & Cognition articles published before, during, and after the Loftus editorship. Use of figures with bars increased to 47% under Loftus's editorship and then declined. Bars were rarely used for interpretation, and NHST remained almost universal. Analysis of 309 articles in other psychology journals confirmed that Loftus's influence was most evident in the articles he accepted for publication, but was otherwise limited. An e-mail survey of authors of papers accepted by Loftus revealed some support for his policy, but allegiance to traditional practices as well. Reform of psychologists' statistical practices would require more than editorial encouragement.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (abstract)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2004
Web Survey Bibliography - Online measurement (986)
- Panel retention rate and data quality: experimental results drawing on Reciprocity design; 2012; Biffignandi, S., Artaz, R.
- Presidential Elections in Iceland 2012 – Did online panel surveys give false hope to new candidates...; 2012; Jonsdottir, G. A., Dofradottir, A. G., Bjornsdottir, A. E.
- Website exit surveys. What can we measure with them?; 2012; Andreadis, I.
- Challenges and pitfalls of measuring wages via web surveys - some explorations; 2012; Steinmetz, S., Bianchi, A., Tijdens, K., Biffignandi, S.
- Firefly Online Surveys: A fully featured tool for Web surveys and forums; 2012; Deal, K.
- Doing the E-Delphi: Using Online Survey Tools; 2012; Holloway, K.
- Using the Web to Snowball Discussants of Survey Respondents; 2012; Hopmann, D. N.
- Online Questionnaire Data Analysis System (OQDAS); 2012; Ali, A. Q.
- A Structural Analysis Based on Similarity between Fuzzy Clusters and Its Application to Evaluation Data...; 2012; Chiba, R., Furutani, T., Sato-Ilic, M.
- Online Survey Spawning, Administration And Management ; 2012; Jepson, S., Powlette, J. F., Queenan, M.
- Mixed Mode Survey Design: Mode Effect Problem; 2012; Sztabinski, F., Zmijewska-Jedrzejczyk, T.
- Transferring Telephone-Based National Household Travel Survey to the Internet ; 2012; Son, S., Khattak, A., Wang, X., Chen, J.-Y.
- Myths and realities of respondent engagement in online surveys; 2012; Downes-Le Guin, T., Baker, R. P., Mechling, J., Ruyle, E.
- Solving the Mode Mystery The Cost, Coverage and Quality Tradeoffs of Picking (and Mixing) Online and...; 2012; Cape, P. J., Phillips, K.
- A beginner's guide to DIY research ; 2012; Cates, T.
- Sample Survey on Sensitive Topics: Investigating Respondents’ Understanding and Trust in Alternative...; 2012; De Schrijver, A.
- Do You Know Who Your Respondents Are? Measuring Data Hygiene Using Respondent Validation; 2012; Frede, S., Suresh, N.
- How Online Technology May Open The Door to More Integrated Qual/Quant Research; 2012; Brandt, D., Markowitz, L.
- Designing an Instrument to Measure No-notice Emergency Evacuations: The Case of the Emergency Evacuation...; 2012; Bautista, R., Fontes, A., Auld, J., Sokolov, V.
- Auto vs. Manual Login Today: Updating Early Research; 2012; Crawford, S. D., McClain, C., Dugan, J. P.
- A Shot in the Dark: Measurement Influence on Likelihood to Vaccination; 2012; Higgins, W. B., Thomas, R. K.
- The River Flows: Comparison of Experimental Effect Replicability with Different Sample Sources; 2012; Thomas, R. K.
- Mode Effects Measurement and Correction: A Case Study; 2012; Kennedy, C., Ackermann, A., Turakhia, C., Emerson, M. O., James, A.
- The DRC Model for Hot Comment Processing; 2012; Waller, V., Eckel, P., Davies, A., Chandonnet, A.
- Advanced Paradata in Web Surveys: What Can They Tell about the Response Process?; 2012; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Understanding selection bias in a worldwide, volunteer web-survey; 2012; Tijdens, K., Steinmetz, S.
- Global market of web survey software: Status, trends and issues; 2012; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- The “MediaLiveTracker” – A New Online-Tool for Real-Time-Response-Measurement; 2012; Kercher, J., Bachl, M., Voegele, C., Vohle, F.
- Paradata insight into survey response behaviour: An analysis of a set of hosted web surveys; 2012; Lozar Manfreda, K., Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V.
- Can mobile-web surveys substitute classic web-surveys? Results from an exploratory, comparative method...; 2012; Bohn, A., Doering, N., Maxl, E.
- Comparing Item-Non-Response and Open Questions within different Web Survey Types; 2012; Silber, H., Lischewski, J., Leibold, J.
- Better low-tech than sorry: How technophile questionnaires may affect psychological representativeness...; 2012; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- A taxonomy of paradata for web surveys and computer assisted self interviewing (Casi); 2012; Callegaro, M.
- Sampling for Web Surveys.; 2012; Bethlehem, J., Biffignandi, S.
- Assessing the Effects of Technical Variance on the Statistical Outcomes of Web Experiments Measuring...; 2012; Brand, A., Bradley, M. T.
- Using the Internet to collect data; 2012; Reips, U. -D.
- Knowledge extraction from a large on-line survey: a case study for a higher education corporate marketing...; 2011; Fernández-Aguirre, K. et al.
- Gender-specific on-line shopping preferences; 2011; Ulbrich, F., Christensen, T., Stankus, L.
- Mixing modes in the LFS - Computer-assisted, cost effective and respondent friendly; 2011; Koerner, T., van der Valk, J.
- Can Weighting Compensate for Sampling Issues in Internet Surveys?; 2011; Vaske, J. J., Jacobs, M. H., Sijtsma, M. T. J., Beaman, J.
- Methodological challenges in the use of the Internet for scientific research: Ten solutions and recommendations...; 2011; Reips, U. -D., Buchanan, T., Krantz, J. H., McGrawn, K.
- Search and email still top the list of most popular online activities; 2011; Purcell, K.
- Using Internet in Stated Preference Surveys: A Review and Comparison of Survey Modes; 2011; Lindhjem, H., Navrud, S.
- Statistical Estimation of Word Acquisition With Application to Readability Prediction; 2011; Kidwell, P., Lebanon, G., Collins-Thompson, K.
- User agent; 2011
- Unpublisihed internal Google report on break off rates by device type; 2011; Callegaro, M.
- The impact of cookie deletion on site-server and ad-server metrics in Australia. An empirical comScore...; 2011
- The GfK NOP Media Efficiency Panel; 2011; Moy, C. et al.
- State of mobile measurement; 2011; Gluck, M.
- SDSC Announces scalable, high-performance data storage cloud; 2011