Web Survey Bibliography
Two incentive experiments were conducted in different online access panels. Experiment 1 was carried out in a commercial market research panel. It examined whether three different types of promised incentives (redeemable bonus points, money lottery and gift lottery), four different amounts of bonus points or raffled money, and two different denominations of raffled money influenced response quantity, sample composition, response quality and survey outcome. Type of incentive and number of bonus points mildly influenced dropout and sample composition. Moreover, response was higher with bonus points than with the two types of lotteries. Response quality and survey outcome were not affected. Experiment 2 was conducted in a non-profit panel, which holds one half self-selected and one half non-self-selected participants. Incentives were two different amounts of raffled money in two different denominations. Response, dropout, response quality, survey outcome and sample composition were not affected. Based on a cost-benefit analysis, recommendations for employing incentives in online access panels are given.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Denmark (33)
- Does survey experience affect respondents’ reported level of satisfaction?; 2012; Schultz Christensen, A., Ladenburg, J.
- Efficiency of Different Recruitment Strategies for Web Panels; 2012; Hansen, K. M., Pedersen, R. T.
- Complex cross validation of new and known data in online questionnaires, Experiences from the ESS surveys...; 2012; Stax, H.-P.
- Using the Web to Snowball Discussants of Survey Respondents; 2012; Hopmann, D. N.
- Web-based survey design for unravelling semi-compensatory choice in transport and urban planning; 2012; Kaplan, S., Bekhor, S., Shiftan, Y.
- “Don’t know” the difference - An experimental comparison between Web and CATI; 2011; Schielicke, A.-M., Degen, M.
- On Affordances and Technological Intersubjectivity; 2011; Vatrapu, R.
- Usability and burden measurement in online forms; 2011; Thomsen, P.
- Dynamic Data Editing in online data collection for the Vacant Positions Survey; 2011; Stax, H.-P.
- Utilizing Web Technology in Business Data Collection: Some Norwegian, Dutch and Danish Experiences; 2011; Snijkers, G., Haraldsen, G., Stax, H.-P.
- Does the Inclusion of a Cost Attribute in Forced and Unforced Choices Matter? Results from a Web Survey...; 2011; Pedersen, L. B., Kjaer, T., Kragstrup, J., Gyrd-Hansen, D.
- Utilizing Web Technology in Business Data Collection: Some Norwegian, Dutch and Danish Experiences; 2011; Haraldsen, G., Snijkers, G., Roos, M., Sundvoll, A., Vik, T., Stax, H.-P.
- Examination of a ’Web Mode Effect’. An Experimental Comparison of Web and Paper Based Surveys...; 2011; Shamshiri-Petersen, D., Clement, S. L.
- Does question order influence sensitivity to scope? Empirical findings from a web-based contingent valuation...; 2011; Nielsen, J. S., Kjaer, T.
- Does the number of choice sets matter? Results from a web survey applying a discrete choice experiment...; 2011; Bech, M., Kjaer, T., Lauridsen, J.
- Web Surveys in the Social Sciences: An Overview ; 2010; Frippiat, D., Marquis, N.
- The impact of incentives and interview methods on response quantity and quality in diary- and booklet...; 2010; Bonke, J., Fallesen, P.
- Measuring Internet And Press Audience In The Media Convergence Era. In Search Of A New Paradigm In Researching...; 2009; Pawlak, J., Póltorak, M.
- Choosing Between Internet and Mail Survey Modes for Choice Experiment Surveys Considering Non-Market...; 2009; Bøye Olsen, S.
- Using mobile phones to measure TV-broadcast quality; 2009; Wieland, J. L., Puggaard, B.
- Differential response rates in postal and Web-based surveys in older respondents; 2009; Bech, M., Kristensen, M. B.
- Response rate and completeness of questionnaires: A randomized study of internet versus Paper-and-Pencil...; 2007; Holm- Christensen, K., Hjollund, H. N., , ; Basnov, M.; Kongsved, S.M.
- Sampling Problems inWeb Surveys; 2005; Steffensen, J. B.
- Conducting representative online research. A summary of five years of learnings; 2005; Stenbjerre, M., Laugesen, J. N.
- Response effects in Europe; 2004; Basso Larsen, R., Rathod, S.
- Feasibility of Collecting Diary Data From Asthma Patients Through Mobile Phones and SMS (Short Message...; 2004; Anhoej, J., Moeldrup, C.
- The impact of material incentives on response quantity, response quality, sample composition, survey...; 2004; Goeritz, A.
- The Use of WWW Surveys in Library Research; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- Self-selection as a Sampling Method in Web Surveys; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- A Comparison of CAPI and PAPI in a Nationally Representative Danish Health Survey; 2004; Ekholm, O., Hesse, U., Norlev, J., Davidsen, M.
- Asking about quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption before asking the CAGE questions produces...; 2004; Etter, J. -F.
- Online Panels; 2002; Reinhold, N., Batinic, B., Goeritz, A.
- Online Research: Methoden, Anwendungen und Ergebnisse ; 1999; Batinic, B., Bandilla, W., Graef, L., Werner, A.