Web Survey Bibliography
Title Principles for Constructing Web Surveys
Source SESRC Technical Report, pp. 98-50
Access date 11.11.2004
Full text pdf (50k)
Abstract Our purpose in this paper is to identify principles for the construction of respondent-friendly web questionnaries. By respondent-friendly, we mean the designs that reduce the occurrence of sample survey errors through emprovment of the motivational aspects of responding, as well as the technical user-interface between computer and respondent. We identify nd elaborate 11 proposed principles for the design and layout of respondent-friendly web questionnarie surveys that are offered as hypotheses for future research. Our emphasis in this paper is not on the technical aspets of programming web surveys; instead, we emphasize fatures of questionnaire design that encourage respondents to connect and respond to such surveys.
Access/Direct link Homepage - Dillman (full text)
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Year of publication1998
Web Survey Bibliography - Tortora, R. D. (12)
- Attrition in Consumer Panels; 2009; Tortora, R. D.
- Response rate and measurement differences in mixed-mode surveys using mail, telephone, interactive voice...; 2009; Dillman, D. A., Phelps, G., Tortora, R. D., Swift, K., Kohrell, J., Berck, J., Messer, B. L.
- Recruitment and retention for a consumer panel; 2008; Tortora, R. D.
- Multiplicity-Based Sampling for the Mobile Telephone Population: Coverage, Nonresponse, and Measurement...; 2008; Tortora, R. D., Groves, R. M., Peytcheva, E.
- An Experimental Comparison of Three Modes of Data Collection Within the Eurobarometer Measurement Domain...; 2004; Peytcheva, E., Groves, R. M., Manchin, R., Tortora, R. D.
- Comparing Face to Face, Telephone, Paper Self-Administered, and Web Survey Measurement; 2004; Tortora, R. D., Groves, R. M., Peytcheva, E., Manchin, R.
- Response Rate and Measurement Differences in Mixed Mode Surveys Using Mail, Telephone, Interactive Voice...; 2001; Dillman, D. A., Phelps, G., Tortora, R. D., Swift, K., Kohrell, J., Berck, J.
- Incentives in Internet Surveys; 2001; Tortora, R. D.
- Principles for Constructing Web Surveys; 1998; Dillman, D. A., Tortora, R. D., Bowker, D.
- Principles for Constructing Respondent-Friendly WEB Surveys and Their Influence on Response; 1998; Dillman, D. A., Tortora, R. D.
- Influence of Plain Vs. Fancy Design on Response Rates for Web Surveys; 1998; Dillman, D. A., Tortora, R. D., Conradt, J., Bowker, D.
- CATI in an Agricultural Statistical Agency; 1985; Tortora, R. D.