Web Survey Bibliography
Title Navigating Electronic Survey Methods: Three Pilot Studies
Author Franceschini, L. A.
Source Annual Meeting of the Mid-South Educational Research Association, 2000
Access date 23.11.2004
Abstract A study was designed to compare traditional paper-and-pencil survey methods with several electronic alternatives, but several of the electronic approaches had to be eliminated because of hardware and software problems. The study was revised to compare paper-and-pencil and Web-based surveys. Two other pilot tests, similar to the initial study, are also described. Many software difficulties were encountered in implementing the Web-based survey, but a survey about "customer satisfaction" was eventually produced in conventional and Web-based forms. Control (traditional) and experimental (Web-based) groups of 78 principals each were asked to respond to the surveys. Only 76 principals responded, with 29 of these using the Web-based version. Nevertheless, 21 of these 29 responses were received before there were any responses to the traditional survey. Most respondents approved of the idea of electronic surveying in spite of the technical difficulties. The other two pilot studies, one asking principals about block scheduling and one studying the ability of students to respond to an electronic survey, also showed favorable responses and very quick reply time. An appendix contains exhibits of materials used in the studies.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (full text)
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Year of publication2000
Web Survey Bibliography - Reports, seminars (303)
- Measuring Intent to Participate and Participation in the 2010 Census and Their Correlates and Trends...; 2010; Pasek, J., Krosnick, J. A.
- What it takes to be a top 100 website; 2010
- The psychology or survey response. An ASA webinar; 2010; Tourangeau, R.
- Site-intercpet survey best practices; 2010; Henning, J.
- Real ID. State of The Art Representative and Repeatable Online Samples. Behaviorally Profiled Respondents...; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Overview of data collection methodology; 2010
- Libraries nationwide receiving ALA-APA Library Salary Survey Invitation; 2010; Grady, J.
- Global market research 2010; 2010
- Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct; 2010
- Ekos' observation of MRIA study - Canadian online panels: similar or different?; 2010
- Demographics of mechanical Turk. Ceder working papers; 2010; Ipeirotis, P. G.
- Broadband adoption and use in America; 2010; Horrigan, J.
- Continuity and Innovation in the Design of Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study...; 2010; Laurie, H.
- Weighting Strategy for Understanding Society; 2010; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Lessons from a Randomised Experiment with Mixed-Mode Designs for a Household Panel Survey; 2010; Lynn, P., Uhrig, S.C. N., Burton, J.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: Results from Methodological Experiments ; 2010; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Codebook and explanatory note on the WageIndicator dataset ; 2010; Tijdens, K., van Zijl, S., Hughie-Williams, M., van Klaveren, M., Steinmetz, S.
- Online Survey Research in the Work-Family Field: Basic Concepts and Definitions; 2010; Lambert, A. D.
- Choosing Between Telephone and Online for Survey Data Collection ; 2010; Baker, R. P.
- Using KnowledgePanel® to Improve the Sample Representativeness and Accuracy of Opt-in Panel Data...; 2010; Dennis, J. M., Peugh, J., Graham, P.
- AAPOR Report on Online Panels; 2010; Baker, R. P., Blumberg, S. J., Brick, J. M. et. al.
- A comparison of surveys using different modes of data collection; 2010; Revilla, M., Saris, W. E.
- Using Address Based Sampling to Survey the General Public by Mail vs. 'Web plus Mail'; 2010; Messer, B. L., Dillman, D. A.
- MarketTools TrueSample; 2009
- ISO 26362 Access panels in market, opinion, and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements; 2009
- Global market research 2009; 2009
- Exploring mode effects in a panel survey of new businesses; 2009; Santos, B., DesRoches, D.
- comScore Media Metrix U.S. Methodlogy. An ARF research review; 2009; Cook, W. A., Pettit, R.
- Computing weights for the American National Election Study survey data; 2009; Debell, M., Krosnick, J. A.
- Association collaborative effort releases online research definitions, expands membership; 2009
- Sample Design for Understanding Society ; 2009; Lynn, P.
- The rise of survey sampling; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys 2009; 2009; The American Association for Public Opinion Research
- College Experiences Survey: Methodological Summary. Final Report; 2009; DesRoches, D., Hall, J. W., Santos, B.
- Comparing different weighting procedures for volunteer online panels - Lessons to be learned from German...; 2009; Steinmetz, S., Tijdens, K., de Pedraza, P.
- Employment Tribunal web survey: Results of an online survey 19 March - 2 April 2009; 2009; Anonymous
- Representativeness of Mobile Internet Surveys-A comparative study of CAMI vs. CATI - GOR 2009; 2009; Maier, U., Neubarth, W., Grosser, A., Hombach, A.
- Are Mode Preferences Real?; 2009; Millar, M. M., O'Neill, A. C., Dillman, D. A.
- Is the digital divide still closing? New evidence points to skewed online results absent non-Internet...; 2008; Callegaro, M., Wells, T.
- Introducing Visual Methods ; 2008; Prosser, J., Loxley, A.
- Personal data of 600,000 on lost laptop; 2008; Evans, M.
- Online panel management practices that minimize satisficing behavior; 2008; Weber, S.
- History of the browser user agent string; 2008; Andersen, A.
- Global market research 2008; 2008
- Foundation of quality project overview; 2008
- Effects of using a grid versus a sequential form of the ACS basic demographic data; 2008; Chesnut, J.
- Understanding Society. Some preliminary results from the Wave 1 Innovation Panel ; 2008; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Internet CV surveys – a cheap, fast way to get large samples of biased values?; 2008; Lindhjem, H., Navrud, S.Navrud, S,
- Virtual Assisted Self Interviewing (VASI) : An Expansion of Survey Data Collection Methods to the Virtual...; 2008; Bell, M. W., Castronova, E., Wagner, G. G.
- Does Gender Influence Online Survey Participation? A Record-Linkage Analysis of University Faculty Online...; 2008; Smith, W. G.