Web Survey Bibliography
Title Navigating Electronic Survey Methods: Three Pilot Studies
Author Franceschini, L. A.
Source Annual Meeting of the Mid-South Educational Research Association, 2000
Access date 23.11.2004
Abstract A study was designed to compare traditional paper-and-pencil survey methods with several electronic alternatives, but several of the electronic approaches had to be eliminated because of hardware and software problems. The study was revised to compare paper-and-pencil and Web-based surveys. Two other pilot tests, similar to the initial study, are also described. Many software difficulties were encountered in implementing the Web-based survey, but a survey about "customer satisfaction" was eventually produced in conventional and Web-based forms. Control (traditional) and experimental (Web-based) groups of 78 principals each were asked to respond to the surveys. Only 76 principals responded, with 29 of these using the Web-based version. Nevertheless, 21 of these 29 responses were received before there were any responses to the traditional survey. Most respondents approved of the idea of electronic surveying in spite of the technical difficulties. The other two pilot studies, one asking principals about block scheduling and one studying the ability of students to respond to an electronic survey, also showed favorable responses and very quick reply time. An appendix contains exhibits of materials used in the studies.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (full text)
Year of publication2000
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Web Survey Bibliography - 2000 (225)
- The measurement of personal values in survey research: A test of alternative rating procedures; 2000; McCarty, J. A., Shrum, L. J.
- Questionnaire design for probability-based Web surveys; 2000; Dennis, J. M., de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Model of behavioral intention. A two-factor motivational model of behavioral intention; 2000; Thomas, R. K.
- Internet vs. telephone data collection: Does method matter? Summary of key findngs; 2000
- Effect of response order on likert-type scales; 2000; Weng, L. J., Cheng, C. P.
- DMS/AOL's Opinion Place expands research services to offer broadest online representation available...; 2000
- Research Report: The Evolving Relationship Between General and Specific Computer Self-Efficacy—...; 2000; Agarwal, R., Sambamurthy, V., Stair, R.
- Old, new make up today's surveys.; 2000; James, D.
- Blaise Internet Services put to the test: Web-surveying the construction industry; 2000; Wings, H., Roos, M.
- Software Comes Down to Earth; 2000; Macer, T.
- Using Web questionnaires for judgement and decisoin making research; 2000; Baron, J., Siepmann, M.
- Experiments with Incentives in Telephone Surveys; 2000; Singer, E., van Hoewyk, J., Maher, M. P.
- Computer-assisted text analysis; 2000; Popping, R.
- The cognitive psychology online laboratory; 2000; Francis, G., Neath, I., Surprenant, A. M.
- A Model for Diagnosing and Reducing Nonresponse Bias.; 2000; Colombo, R.
- Tell me, what did you see? The stimulus on computers; 2000; Krantz, J. H.
- Computer software and qualitative analysis: trends, issues and resources; 2000; Lee, R. M., Esterhuizen, L.
- A Propensity Score Adjustment for Selection Bias in Online Surveys; 2000; Bremer, J., Terhanian, G., Smith, R.
- Measuring engineering students' attitudes toward statistics and probability using Internet data collection...; 2000; Sorge, C., Schau,C., Hubele, N., Kennedy, D.
- Comparison of Telephone, Mail, Web, and IVR Surveys; 2000; Bason, J. J.
- An Experiment in Web-Based Data Collection; 2000; Tsapogas, J. A., Collins, M. A.
- Increasing the Response Rate to E-Mail Surveys; 2000; Dommeyer, C. J., Moriarty, E.
- Web and Mail Survey: Comparison on a Large-Scale Project; 2000; Kennedy, J. M., Kuh, G. D., Li, S., Hayek, J., Inghram, J., Bannister, N., Segar, K.
- Sampling and Weighting for Web Surveys; 2000; Krotki, K.
- Mode effects in an Internet/Paper Survey of Employees; 2000; Ramirez, C., Sharp, K., Foster Thompson, L.
- Probability-Based Web Surveying: An Overview; 2000; Rivers, D.
- Validity of Web-Based Surveys: Explorations with Data from 2,382 Teenagers; 2000; Brainbridge, W. S.
- Method and Representation in Internet-Based Survey Tools: Mobility, Community, and Cultural Identity...; 2000; Witte, J. C., Amoroso, L. M., Howard, P. E. N.
- Use of a Website Questionnaire as One Method of Participation in a Physician Survey; 2000; Olson, L., Srinath, K. P., Burich, M. C.
- Why Survey Online? A Practical Look at Issues in the Use of the Internet for Surveys in Higher Education...; 2000; Ballantyne, C.
- Electronic Surveys: A Comparison of E-mail, Web and Mail; 2000; Smee, A., Brennan, M.
- The Effectiveness of Institutional Effectiveness: Doing an Institutional Effectiveness Survey on the...; 2000; Carrigan, S. D., Fisher, J. E., Handwerk, P. G.
- Distance no longer a barrier: Using the internet as a survey tool in educational research; 2000; Dix, K. L., Anderson, J.
- Cost and Errors of Web Surveys in Establishment Surveys; 2000; Batagelj, Z., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Zaletel, M.
- Towards An Understanding Of Participation In Non-Restricted Web-Surveys - A Typology And Explanatory...; 2000; Bosnjak, M., Bandilla, W.
- Cognitive Issues In The Design Of Web Surveys; 2000; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- Best Practices for Building Web Surveys; 2000; Graham, J.
- Surveyings via Internet on the enterprises: methodological aspects and an analysis of the interviewed...; 2000; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Marktforschung mit Online Panels: State of the Art; 2000; Goeritz, A., Reinhold, N., Batinic, B.
- The WWW as a research medium: An illustrative survey on paranormal belief; 2000; Goeritz, A., Schumacher, J.
- Invites, intros and incentives: lessons form a web survey; 2000; Bauman, S., Jobity, N., Airey, J., Atak, H.
- Web-based Data Collection and Assessment in Student Affairs; 2000; Upcraft, M. L., Wortman, T. I.
- Comparative Response to a Survey Executed by Post, E-mail, & Web Form; 2000; Yun, G. W., Trumbo, C. W.
- Health surveys via the Internet: quick and dirty or rapid and robust?; 2000; Fischbacher, C., Chappel, D., Edwards, R., Summerton, N.
- Developing Usability Guidelines for AudioCasi Respondents with Limited Literacy Skills; 2000; Schneider, S. J., Edwards, B.
- Technology Effects: Do CAPI or PAPI Interviews Take Longer?; 2000; Fuchs, M., Couper, M. P., Hansen, S. E.
- Technological concerns for library managers; 2000; Stover, M.
- Navigating Electronic Survey Methods: Three Pilot Studies; 2000; Franceschini, L. A.
- The Electronic Survey Technique: An Integration and Assessment; 2000; Simsek, Z., Veiga, J. F.
- What Users Want From a Tool for Analyzing and Documenting Electronic Questionnaires: The User Requirements...; 2000; Kelly, M.