Web Survey Bibliography
Title The design and analysis of anonymous Internet marketing survey protocol
Author Qi, M., Ma, Q. M., Liu, Y. F.
Database ISI Web of Knowledge
Access date 23.11.2004
Abstract During the era of knowledge economy, knowledge and information are among the most valuable advantages to modern companies in competition. In order to acquire an accurate and in-depth understanding of the. market and support the decision-making in the key processes; modern companies must take the marketing survey from the beginning to the end. There are lots of marketing survey methods in use, including the traditional marketing survey methods and the current Internet marketing survey methods, but all of them suffer from different kinds of disadvantages that prevent them from becoming widespread. Combining the modern cryptographic research and the marketing research methods, an anonymous Internet marketing survey protocol are proposed. In order to simplify user’s operation procedures and reduce computation overhead of the user’s equipment, mobile agent technology is also introduced. Except for the advantages shared by all Internet survey methods, such as low cost and short surveying period, the protocol can also greatly improve the accuracy and security of the Internet survey. The introduction of the anonymous survey function by the protocol, is believed to be one of the first attempts in this area.
Access/Direct link ISI Web of Knowledge (abstract)
Year of publication2004
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Research on Internet (648)
- Young people, the Internet and Political Participation: Findings of a web survey in Italy, Spain and...; 2009; Calenda, D., Meijer, A.
- Social Attitude Differences between Internet Users and Non-users; 2009; Robinson, J. P., Martin, S. P.
- Why Do I Use the Social Web?” Exploring the Motives of Active and Passive Users via Focus Groups...; 2009; Jers, C., Taddicken, M., Schenk, M.
- International Handbook of Internet Research; 2009; Hunsinger, J., Klastrup, L., Allen, M.
- A usability of a new graphical shopping interface through GlobalPark; 2009; Groenen, P. J. F., Kagie, M.
- Effects of data collection technique on the quality of data: A MTMM study of CATI, CAPI and Online interviews...; 2009; Scherpenzeel, A.
- Effectiveness of incentives in mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs; 2009; Vehovar, V.; Lozar Manfreda, K.; Berzelak, N.
- Web-based measurement: Effect of completing single or multiple items per webpage; 2009; Thorndike, F. P., Carlbring, P., Smyth, F. L., Magee, J. C., Gonder-Frederick, L., Ost, L. G., Ritterband...
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Usability testing; 2008; Roe, D. J.
- Foundation of quality project overview; 2008
- Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social Network Sites; 2008; Hargittai, E.
- ‘Looking at’, ‘Looking up’ or ‘Keeping up with’ People? Motives...; 2008; Joinson, A. N.
- Objectivity, Reliability, and Validity of Search Engine Count Estimates ; 2008; Janetzko, D.
- More than the digital divide?: Investigating the differences between Internet and non-Internet users; 2008; Zhang, C., Callegaro, M., Thomas, M.
- Internet dating: a British survey; 2008; Gunter, B.
- Social Web Data as a Source for Social Science Research. The Example of a German Online Dating Website...; 2008; Skopek, J., Schmitz, A.
- Use of the Internet as a data collection tool: a methodological investigation of online synchronous...; 2008; Evans, A. R., Elford, J., Wiggins, D.
- The Role of Cash Incentives in Online Panelist Motivations: Experimental Results on Unit Response and...; 2008; Taylor, E.
- Predictors and Barriers to Collecting Data from Early Childhood Educators Using the Web; 2008; Caspe, M., Sonnenfeld, K., Meagher, C., Sprachman, S., Scaturro, G.
- Internet Surveys: Can Statistical Adjustments Eliminate Coverage Bias?; 2008; Dever, J. A., Rafferty, A., Valliant, R. L.
- Eliciting Subjective Expectations in Internet Surveys ; 2008; Delavande, A., Rohwedder, S.
- Internet Research: Developments, problems, and potential; 2008; Welker, M., Matzat, U.
- Response Non-Differentiation and Response Styles in Web-Based Studies: Causes and Consequences ; 2008; Frisina, L. T., Thomas, R. K.
- Cost efficiency in a mixed-mode survey – The Norwegian Rent Marked Survey; 2008; Lagerstrom, B. O.
- Analyzing Social Networks via the Internet; 2008; Hogan, B.
- The effects of incentives in internet panels: a review; 2008; Goeritz, A.
- Asking the age question in mail and online surveys; 2008; Gendall, P., Healey, B.
- Whither statistical metadata?; 2007; Westlake, A.
- Web survey design; 2007; Ma, Q., McCord, M.
- Utility and happiness; 2007; Kimball, M. S., Willis, R.
- The Internet audience. Constitution & measurement; 2007; Bermejo, F.
- Sampling for web surveys; 2007; Rivers, D.
- Case Study: Evolution of Web Interview Capabilities in a Large Commercial Setting ; 2007; Cohen, A.
- Reconstructing childhood health histories using internet panels; 2007; Smith, J. P.
- Online market research, 5th Edition; 2007; Comley, P.
- IMRO guidelines for best practices in online sample and panel management; 2007
- Developments in electronic survey design for establishment surveys; 2007; O'Neill, G.
- The benefits of Facebook “friends:” Social capital and college students' use of online...; 2007; Ellison, N. B., Steinﬁeld, C., Lampe, C.
- Trust and privacy concern within social networking sites: A comparison of Facebook and MySpace ; 2007; Dwyer, R., Passerini , K., Hiltz, S. R.
- Online research ethics; 2007; Madge, C.
- Crypto law survey; 2007; Koops, B. -J.
- Context effects in Internet Surveys: New issues and evidence; 2007; D. Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., Smith, A.Smyth, J. D.
- Technical considerations when implementing online research; 2007; Schmidt, W. C.
- Using online panels in psychological research; 2007; Goeritz, A.
- The Online Measurement of Ego Centered Online Social Networks; 2007; Matzat, U., Snijders, C.
- Using user feedback: Redesigning the "Survey of Industrial production"; 2007; Conrad, A.
- Web Panels: The Future of Survey Research?; 2007; Krotki, K.
- Effects of Answer Space Size on Responses to Open-ended questions in mail surveys; 2007; Israel, G. D.
- "Dirty Politics" Web Experiments on the Effects of Negative Communication Actions ; 2007; Tatzl, G.