Web Survey Bibliography
Title Consumer preferences for commercial Web site design: an Asia-Pacific perspective
Author Yang, X., Ahmed, Z. U., Ghingold, M., Boon, G. S., Mei, T. S., Hwa, L. L.
Source Journal of Consumer Marketing, 20, 1, pp. 10-27
Access date 24.03.2004
Abstract Given that even modest increases in customer satisfaction and retention typically translate into significant gains in revenues and profits, many businesses are using the Internet to expand their reach, improve customer service and develop and maintain closer relationships with their customers. For example, customer relationship management (CRM) software enables marketers to offer online interactions that are customizable to the individual customer, allowing online marketers to better match their offerings and the online experience to consumers' needs, wants and preferences, even in markets with millions of prospects and customers. Thus, a successful Web site can be instrumental in its impact on the marketing effectiveness of a firm and significantly add to the bottom line. Yet, in order to determine what constitutes a successful Web site, one must be able to understand how users perceive and utilize it. This paper presents the results of a survey conducted to assess consumer perceptions and preferences for commercial Web sites. To address the paucity of e-commerce research undertaken in the Asia-Pacific region, as compared to Western countries, the data were collected in Singapore. The attracting, informing, positioning, and delivering (AIPD) model provided the conceptual foundation for the research. Survey findings reveal that Singaporean consumers have distinct preferences when visiting commercial Web sites, ranking security and privacy as their most valued attributes, for example. In contrast, cross-marketing, via banner advertising and affiliate programs, were least valued. Many other features of Web sites were evaluated. Managerial and research implications of the study are then discussed.
Access/Direct link Emerald (full text)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (396)
- The Effects of Cash, Electronic, and Paper Gift Certificates as Respondent Incentives for a Web-Based...; 2003; Birnholtz, J. P., Horn, D. B., Finholt, T. A., Bae, S. J.
- Developing a Strategy for Sampling U.S. Mobile Phone Users Based on European Models; 2003; Buskirk, T. D., Callegaro, M.
- Comparing Internet “River,” Internet; 2003; Feld, K. G.
- A Comparison between Using the Web and Using the Telephone to Survey Political Opinions; 2003; Forsman, G., Isaksson, A.
- Design implementation of a Multimode Web Survey; 2003; Wine, S.J., Cominole, M.B., Carwile, D.S., Perry, K.
- Partnering with a Newspaper to Assess Community Opinion Online; 2003; Downs, E.P., Lindley, A.M.
- Implementing a Web Survey Administration System at the GAO; 2003; Feldesman, A.G.
- Cognitive Processes in Web Surveys; 2003; Fuchs, M.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys With Physicians, What Works and What Doesn't Work; 2003; Schneiderman, M., Thran, S., Adams, C., Lerner, B.
- Exploring Online Survey Metodologies: Who are the Respondents and How to Get them to respond; 2003; Wolter-Warmerdam, K., Gardinali, A.P., Wong, R.
- Using RGI (Respondent Generated Interval) to gather factual information in a web survey; 2003; Lusinchi, P.D.
- Methodological issues in Web data collection of ego-centered networks; 2003; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G., Hlebec, V.
- Can What We Don’t Know (about “Don’t Know”) Hurt Us?: Effects of Item Non-response...; 2003; Krosnick, J. A., Behnke, C. S., Lafond, C.R., Thomas, R. K.
- How Does Ranking Rate?: A Comparison of Ranking and Rating Tasks.; 2003; Krosnick, J. A., Shaeffer, E. M., Thomas, R. K.
- Survey Administration Effects? A Comparison of Web-Based and Traditional Written Self-Administered Surveys...; 2003; Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M., Altdorfer, P.
- Web vs. IVR: Mode Effects in Structured Interviews Utilizing Rating Scales; 2003; Callegaro, M., Bhola, D. S., Yang, Y.
- What They See Is What We Get: Response Options for Web Surveys; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Crawford, S. D., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- Measuring Visual Political Knowledge; 2003; Prior, M.
- Collecting Eye Tracking Data to Test QUAID, A Web Facility that Helps Survey Methodologists Identify...; 2003; Graesser, A., Daniel, K. F., Cai, Z., Cooper, E., Whitten, S., Louwerse, M.
- Survey content foreknowledge and response rate; 2003; Ehrlich, N. J.
- Web Survey Design: Comparing Static and Interactive Survey Instruments; 2003; Nyiri, Z., Clark L.R.
- Comparing Web-Based Survey Methods with other Approaches: An examination of health knowledge, opinion...; 2003; Greiling, K.A., McCarrier, P.K., Stringer, M.C.
- The role of issue involvement in UK public attitudes to the single European currency; 2003; Roberts, E.C.
- Using an Instructional Web Site for Respondents to Improve Response Quality; 2003; Trussell, N., Lai, J. W., Shuttles, D. C.
- Partipation in Online Surveys: Results from a Series of Experiments; 2003; Kiniorski, A. K., Smith, M. R.
- Web Survey Bias: Sample or Mode Effect?; 2003; Grandcolas, U., Rettie, R., Marusenko, K.
- Psychological Research Online: Opportunities and Challenges; 2003; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- Propensity score and calibration as bias reducing techniques in surveys based on Internet panels: application...; 2003; Johansson, C., Lorenc, B.
- When Respondents Know Too Much: Limitations of Web Surveys for Electoral Research; 2003; Callum, N., J., Sturgis, P.
- Measuring Customer Satisfaction with a Salient Event: An Experimental Design Analyzing the Impact of...; 2003; Schuldt, G. R., McDevitt, P. K.
- Effects of sponsor identity and perceived data security on response rates and data quality; 2003; Davis, B., Levin, K., O'Brien, J., Wang, A., Gordon, A., Shipp, S.
- Does Order Really Make a Difference? The Impact of Respondent and Question Characteristics on Response...; 2003; O'Neill, G.E.
- An Experiment with Respondent Burden in a Pop-Up Web Survey; 2003; David, P., Horner, L. R., Diedrichs, C., Rogers, S. M., Connell, T.
- The Impact of Lottery Incentives on Student Survey Response Rates; 2003; Whitcomb, M. E., Porter, S. R.
- The Advent of internet surveys for political research: comparison of telephone and internet samples; 2003; Berrens, R. P., Bohara, A. K., Jenkins-Smith, H. C., Silva, C. L., Weimer, D. L.
- Patterns of Response and Nonresponse from Teachers to Traditional and Web Surveys; 2003; Mertler, C. A.
- A love affair with MUDs: Flow and social interaction in multi-user-dungeons; 2003; McKenna, K., Sangchul L.
- A Methodology for the Administration of a Web-Based Questionnarie; 2003; Antunes, M. J., Castro, E., Mealha, O.
- Web questionnaire design: some practical considerations; 2003; Dowling, Z.
- Web Questionnaire Design: some practical considerations; 2003; Dowling, Z.
- Survey Automation: Report and Workshop Proceedings; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Design of Follow-up Questions in Web Surveys; 2003; Balter, O., Kjellstrom, O.
- Consumer preferences for commercial Web site design: an Asia-Pacific perspective; 2003; Yang, X., Ahmed, Z. U., Ghingold, M., Boon, G. S., Mei, T. S., Hwa, L. L.
- The Global Digital Divide: A Sociological Assessment of Trends and Causes; 2003; Drori, G. S., Suk Jan,Y.
- Social Stratification and the Digital Divide; 2003; Wilson, K. R., Wallin, J. S., Reiser, C.
- Internet Research: The Role of the Focus Group; 2000; Chase, L., Alvarez, J.