Web Survey Bibliography
Title Is the internet the future of market research? The views of FMCG clients in Europe
Author Carnot, A., Oxley, M.
Access date 25.11.2004
Abstract This paper provides a prognosis for the future of internet research based on the attitudes, experiences and opinions of the buyers of research within the FMCG sector. The paper provides an understanding of the dynamics involved in the possible adoption process from conventional to interactive research. Given their work within the marketing research industry - part of the information economy - and involvement in the collection and dissemination of ‘bits’ of information rather than physical products, the authors hypothesised that the marketing research industry will be more heavily impacted by this transformation than most. There are two ways of addressing this transformation. The first is from the supply side, measuring the extent to which research agencies are investing and responding to this challenge. However, the supply side was already well covered by papers at this and other conferences. Consequently, the authors felt a more valuable approach would be from the demand side, testing their hypotheses with empirical research to explore what users actually think about the future of research.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2001
Web Survey Bibliography - 2001 (350)
- Testing an Internet response option for the American Community Survey; 2001; Griffin, D. H., Fischer, D. P., Morgan, M. T.
- Visual Analog Scales: Do they have a role in the measurement of preferences for health states?; 2001; Torrance, G. W., Feeny, D., Furlong, W.
- Trends in household survey nonresponse: A longitudinal and international comparison; 2001; de Leeuw, E. D., de Heer, W.
- The construction of attitudes; 2001; Schwarz, N., Bohnerd, G.
- Subscale distance and item clustering effects in self-administered surveys: A new metric; 2001; Bradlow, E. T., Fitzsimons, G. J.
- Sociability and usability in online communities: determining and measuring success; 2001; Preece, J.
- On the use of college students in social science research: Insights from a second‐order meta...; 2001; Peterson, R. A.
- Introduction to behavioral research on the internet; 2001; Birnbaum, M. H.
- Improving the measurement of quality of life in older people: the York SF-12; 2001; Iglesias, C. P., Birks, Y. F., Torgerson, D. J.
- Experiments on column width spacing in the University of Michigan Student Life Survey; 2001; Boyd, C. J., McCabe, S. E., Couper, M. P., Crawford, S. D.
- Building an alternative response process model for business surveys; 2001; Willimack, D. K., Nichols, E. M.
- Ethische Dimensionen der Online-Forschung; 2001; Dzeyk, W.
- Panel Bias from Attrition and Conditioning: A Case Study of the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2001; Clinton, J. D.
- Standards for Quality Assurance for Online Surveys; 2001
- Differential effects of Ecstasy and cannabis on self-reports of memory ability: a web-based study; 2001; Rodgers, J., Buchanan, T., Scholey, A. B., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C.
- Ethical issues in qualitative research on internet communities; 2001; Eysenbach, G., Till, E. J.
- Web experiment on colour harmony principles applied to computer user interface design; 2001; Laugwitz, B.
- Knowledge acquisition, navigation and eye movements from text and hypertext; 2001; Naumann, A., Waniek, J., Krems, J. F.
- Stimulus delivery on the Web: What can be presented when calibration isn t possible; 2001; Krantz, J. H.
- Score Reliability in Webor Internet-Based Surveys: Unnumbered Graphic Rating Scales versus Likert-Type...; 2001; Cook, C., Heath, F., Thompson, R. L., Thompson, B.
- Lessons Learned from the Administration of a Web-Based Survey; 2001; Mertler, C. A.
- A Comparison of Web-based and Paper-and-Pencil Library Satisfaction Survey Results; 2001; Perkins, G. H., Yuan, H.
- A Comparison of the Random Digit Dialing Telephone Survey Methodology with Internet Survey Methodology...; 2001; Chang, L. C., Krosnick, J. A.
- On-line student feedback: A pilot study ; 2001; Galbraith, L. B., Gee, P., Jennings, F., Riley, R.
- Comparing Two Survey Research Approaches: E-Mail and Web-Based Technology versus Traditional Mail ; 2001; Howes, C. M., Mailloux, M. R.
- Population Censuses on the Internet; 2001; Haug, W.
- Internet Surveys - Potentials for Use in Scientific Research; 2001; Galesic, M.
- Comparing social desirability responding on world wide web and paper-administered surveys; 2001; Hancock, D. R., Flowers, C. P.
- Facilitating research; 2001; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Metaevaluation of the Web-Based ATE Survey Evaluation System; 2001; Hartmann, D., Loizides, G.
- Online Data Collection With Special Populations Over the World Wide Web; 2001; Marcell, M. M., Falls, A. L.
- Trials and Tribulations: Conducting an Online, Web-based Survey; 2001; Jankowski, N. W., Van Selm, M.
- Reliability And Comparability Of Choice-Based Measures: Online and Paper-and-Pencil Methods of Administration...; 2001; Miller, T. W., Rake, D., Sumimoto, T., Hollman, P. S.
- Experimental analysis of survey response bias over the internet: Some results from the Retirement Perspectives...; 2001; McFadden, D., Winter, J.
- Retaining Virtue in a Virtual World: E-surveys in Public Policy Research; 2001; Mallett, T.
- Literature Review of Web and E-mail Surveys, Chapter III; 2001; Schonlau, M., Fricker, R. D., Elliot, M. N.
- Comparing Two Survey Approaches: Web and Traditional Mail; 2001; Howes, C. M., Mailloux, M. R.
- Weighting for nontelephone households in RDD surveys; 2001; Ferraro, D., Brick, J. M.
- A Comparison Of Electronic Surveying By E-Mail And Web; 2001; Brawner, C. E., Felder, R. M., Allen, R. H., Brent, R., Miller, T. K.
- Satisfaction Survey by Web or by Paper? A Case Study; 2001; Laughlin, B.
- Response Rates in Internet Surveys – Experiences from an Online Expert Survey into WAP for business...; 2001; Marcussen, C. H.
- Investigating Validity in Web Surveys; 2001; Satmetrix Systems
- The Usage of the Email Message/Internet Surveys Compared With Other Methods of Collecting Data; 2001; Thistlethwaite, P. C., Luker, K., Ransdell, T.
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: Reciprocal Self-Disclosure in Internet-Based Surveys; 2001; Joinson, A. N.
- Two online surveys of Italian Internet audiences: a summary of findings; 2001; Magistretti, S.
- Advertising research in the 21st century. A new method for the Internet age; 2001; Hollier, E. A., Remington, K. C.
- The quality of online panels. A methodological test; 2001; Hoppe, M., Lamp, R.
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness in Online research; 2001; Poulsen, C. S.
- Mixing research techniques for a mixed economy; 2001; Twyman, T., Mundy, C.