Web Survey Bibliography
Title Internet panel as a tool for TV programme appreciation research
Author Hammersma, M., Appel, M.
Access date 08.12.2004
Abstract Programme appreciation is a much-used tool for programming purposes and programme development within public broadcasting organisations in the Netherlands. NOS Publieke Omroep requires daily reporting shortly after the programme broadcast. Measurement of appreciation can either be carried out single source through the TAM panel, or by means of a separate study. For years the public stations in the Netherlands have used a voting system within the TAM panel. Now, a completely new and revolutionary survey has been designed and tested. Pros and cons of either method are reviewed against the requirement of availability of timely results for users. Preliminary experience with the new Internet panel is positive and initial results indicate a successful transition.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - Web-TV surveys (35)
- Effects of Self-Awareness on Disclosure During Skype Survey Interviews; 2013; Feuer, S., Schober, M. F.
- Lessons to keep in mind when interviewing via Webcam; 2012; Carlon, M.
- 3 screen measurement: Soccer World Cup 2010; 2010; Conry, S., Benezra, K., Singh, S.
- Gender-of-Interviewer Effects in a Video-Enhanced Web Survey: Results from a Randomized Field Experiment...; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Introducing Visual Methods ; 2008; Prosser, J., Loxley, A.
- Response Effects in Video-enhanced Web Surveys; 2008; Fuchs, M.
- Transitioning from Self-Reports to Self-Installed Electronic Audience Measurement; 2008; Trussell, N., Vanno, L., Matthess, E., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Nonresponse Bias in Two Methods of Panel Recruitment ; 2007; DiSogra, C., Slotwiner, D., Clinton, S., Chan, E., Hendarwan, E., & Zheng, W.
- Digital Video as Research Practice: Methodology for the Millennium; 2005; Shrum, W., Duque, R., Brown, T.
- Valuation of Natural Resource Improvements in the Adirondacks; 2004; Banzhaf, S., Burtraw, D., Evans, D., Krupnick A.
- So you bought yourself a PPM panel … A story of PPM in Belgium and the surplus value for VRT Radio...; 2004; Lardon, S., Quartier, W.
- Exposure data for online media in a mixed media planning database: Research concept and online media...; 2004; Schneller, J., Faehling, G.
- Methodological Aspects of on-line Qualitative Research; 2004; Hak, T.
- Picture This! Exploring Visual Effects in Web Surveys; 2004; Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R., Kenyon, K.
- Race-of-Interviewer Effects: What Happens on the Web?; 2004; Krysan, M., Couper, M. P.
- Mode-Effects in Pre-Recruited Panels of Full Population?; 2004; Bandilla, W., Bosnjak, M., Altdorfer, P., Lohmann, H.
- Nonresponse to Private and Sensitive Survey Questions; 2004; Montenegro, X.
- An Analysis of Frequency and Duration of Search on the Internet; 2004; Bhatnagar, A., Ghose, S.
- Installing peoplemeter TAM panels in 2000; 2003; Sellick-Petra, A.
- Strong enough for adults? Interactive television as a research tool; 2003; Chaplin, J., Mills, J.
- The Advent of internet surveys for political research: a comparison of telephone and internet surveys...; 2003; Berrens, R. P., Bohara, A. K., Jenkins-Smith, H. C., Silva, C. L., Weimer, D. L.
- Better television audience measurement through cable and satellite set top boxes; 2002; Harvey, B., Jarvis, T., Booth, R.
- The end of measurement as we know it?; 2002; Green, A.
- Internet panel as a tool for TV programme appreciation research; 2002; Hammersma, M., Appel, M.
- Quality control of TV peoplemeter panels; 2002; Chavenon, H., Khoury, J.
- Electronic measurement of magazine reading. New methodology, new problems, new solutions; 2002; Mattlin, J.
- A cup of tea, a sofa and a remote control. The world of research through interactive TV; 2002; Walker, D. A.
- IAPI (Internet Aided Personal Interview); 2002; Muehlenfeld, H. -U.
- Nonresponse Error and Mode Effects in the Web-Enabled Survey on Civic Attitudes and Behaviors after...; 2002; Thalji, L., Langer, M., Pulliam, P., Wiebe, E. F.
- Panel Bias from Attrition and Conditioning: A Case Study of the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2001; Clinton, J. D.
- A Comparison of the Random Digit Dialing Telephone Survey Methodology with Internet Survey Methodology...; 2001; Chang, L. C., Krosnick, J. A.
- A Free Web TV for Your Thoughts; 2001; Longstreth, A.
- Online Methodologies And Best Practices; 2001; Frankovic, K. A.
- Evaluating Nonresponse in a Web-Enabled Survey on Health and Aging; 2001; Wiebe, E. F., Eyerman, J., Loft, J. D.
- Probability Based Internet Surveys: A Synopsis of Early Methods and Survey Research Results; 2001; Huggins, V. J.