Web Survey Bibliography
Title The pros and cons of using GPS in outdoor research. The Italian experience
Author Mezzasalma, A.
Access date 08.12.2004
Abstract This paper describes the survey designed by Eurisko to measure the reach and the frequency of outdoor advertising in 36 Italian towns and their surrounding areas over a 14-day period. Following the explanation of the whole survey process, this paper focuses on the use of GPS in Outdoor Research, weighing the pros and cons of this collection method compared with alternative techniques such as diaries and phone interviews.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Other new technologies (169)
- Qualitative research online: Self-reported pros and cons of being chat-interviewed online with web cameras...; 2006; Davidovich, U., Uhr, H.
- Using Instant Messaging for Internet-based interviews; 2006; Goeritz, A., Stieger, S.
- Using personal digital assistants (PDAs) for the collection of safety belt use data in the field; 2006; Vivoda, J. M., Eby, D. W.
- Computer adaptive testing; 2005; Gershon, R. C.
- Trust, Identity, and the Effects of Voting Technologies on Voting Behavior; 2005; Oostveen, A. M., Besselaar, P.
- Factors to Weigh When Considering Electronic Data Collection; 2005; Courtney, K. L., Craven, C. K.
- Technology Trends in Survey Data Collection; 2005; Couper, M. P.
- The Status of Wireless Survey Solutions: The Emerging “Power of the Thumb”; 2005; Townsend, L.
- Use of eye-tracking for studying survey response processes; 2005; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Galesic, M.
- Researching the researchers. The online research barometer; 2005; Metzke, N., Allan, K.
- Promoting Uniform Question Understanding in Today's and Tomorrow's Surveys; 2005; Conrad, F. G., Schober, M. F.
- Benefits of participating in Internet interviews: Women helping women; 2005; Beck, C. T.
- Online Research: Online research captures audience insight, competitive data; 2005; Hirt-Marchand, J.
- Use of Internet Audience Measurement Data to Gauge Market Share for Online Health Information Services...; 2005; Wood, F. B., Benson, D., LaCroix, E.-M., Siegel, E. R., Fariss, S.
- Special CiW Interviewing Topics; 2005; King, C.
- Advanced CiW Programming Workshop; 2005; King, C.
- Using scantron versus an audience response system for survey research: Does methodology matter when...; 2005; Bunz, U.
- How to conduct behavioral research over the Internet: A begginer s guide to HTML and CGI/Perl; 2004; Fraley, R. C.
- Blogging thoughts: personal publication as an online research tool; 2004; Mortensten, T., Walker, J.
- Early learnings from Chicago; 2004; Garland, I., Malley, W.
- Progress toward passive measurement of print. How consumers 'really' read magazines; 2004; McConochie, R. M., Bailey, J.
- So you bought yourself a PPM panel … A story of PPM in Belgium and the surplus value for VRT Radio...; 2004; Lardon, S., Quartier, W.
- Is electronic measurement of radio compatible with today's consumer media lifestyles?; 2004; Patchen, R. H., Webb, B. M.
- Utilizing rich multimedia methods for the elicitation of preferences for radical future technologies; 2004; Devinney, T. M., Louviere, J. J., Coltman, T. R.
- Does Telephone Audio Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Improve the Accuracy of Prevalence Estimates...; 2004; Currivan, D. B., Nyman, A. L., Biener, L. F., Turner, C. F.
- Applying New Methodologies in a Longitudinal Study of Young Conservative Jews; 2004; Keysar, A., Kosmin, B.
- The impact on interviewee behavior caused by audiovisual online-communication answering sensitive questions...; 2004; Muehlenfeld, H. -U.
- Response order effects – how do people read?; 2003; Duffy, B.
- Response latency methodology for survey research: Measurement and modeling strategies; 2003; Mulligan, K. et al.
- ImageJ; 2003; Rasband, W.
- Data Editing By Reporting Enterprises; 2003; Anonymous
- Adjustments for non-telephone bias in random-digit-dialling surveys; 2003; Frankel, M. R., Srinath, K. P., Hoaglin, D. C.
- Understanding the effects of audio-CASI on self-reports of sensitive behavior; 2003; Couper, M. P., Singer, E., Tourangeau, R.
- A full year of audience research with PPM. What we’ve learned so far; 2003; Webb, B. M., Patchen, R. H.
- 21st century measurement of 21st century media. PPM’s capture of radio 'dial' switching: The new...; 2003; Stinnett, S., McConochie, R. M., Goerlich, B.
- Measuring formats. Electronic measurement boosts programming; 2003; Mueller, R., Daehler, M.
- The Canadian experience in developing an outdoor reach & frequency model. Getting from there to here...; 2003; Falbo, M. E., van der Burgt, J.
- The pros and cons of using GPS in outdoor research. The Italian experience; 2003; Mezzasalma, A.
- Data collection using electronically assisted interviews in a roadshow: A methodological evaluation; 2003; Marcella, R., Baxter, G., Moore, N.
- Editing strategies used by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in Data Collection over the Internet; 2003; Cohen, S. H.
- An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV; 2003; Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
- WeXtor 2.5: Develop, manage, and visualize experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Blumer, T., Neuhaus, C.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- The future is now. The latest findings from the market launch of the portable people meter in Philadelphia...; 2002; Patchen, R. H., Webb, B. M.
- On-line with e-mums: exploring the Internet as a medium for research; 2002; Madge, C., O' Connor, H.
- Online versus offline research: implications for evaluating digital media; 2002; Gunter, B., Nicholas, D., Huntington, P., Williams, P.
- Response Rates in Internet Surveys – Experiences from an Online Expert Survey into WAP for business...; 2001; Marcussen, C. H.
- Investigating Validity in Web Surveys; 2001; Satmetrix Systems
- Four week radio survey. Evaluating models for extended reach and frequency; 2001; Lyall, A., Neely, M., Rungie, C. M.
- RAJAR respondents. A re-contact survey; 2001; Stockley, J., Farmer, T.