Web Survey Bibliography
Title Decentralised CATI Versus Paper and Pencil Interviewing: Effects on the Results in the Swedish Labour Force Surveys
Author Bergman, L. R., Kristiansson, K. -E., Olofsson, A., Safstrom, M.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 10, 2, pp. 181-195
Access date 16.12.2004
Full text pdf (1736k)
Abstract The results of decentralised computer assisted telephone interviewing (DCATI) and decentralised paper and pencil interviewing (DPAPI) were compared in a large methods study within the Swedish Labour Force Surveys. In the main study (n=103,161 and 23,420 for DPAPI and DCATI, respectively) key estimates were compared for the two methods. Very similar results were obtained except for (a) the category weak attachment to the labour market for which a 2% difference was found, believed to have been caused by a different layout of the response alternatives in DCATI and DPAPI, and (b) the percentage working 40 hours for which also a 2% method difference was found. Results from a reinterview study (n=1,800 for both DPAPI and DCATI) indicated that the two methods had produced data of very similar quality. In a coding study (n=4,127), the quality of the information provided by the interviewers on occupation and industry in DCATI was compared with previously obtained information using DPAPI. Both methods seemed to have produced almost equivalent information.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1994
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6359)
- Web research -- the final frontier?; 2001; Wickham, S., Stewart, S.
- Implications of Internet Technology for Medical Sociology in the New Millennium; 2001; Cotten, S. R.
- Simple Surveys; 2001; Anonymous
- Post for Pay; 2001; Farmer, B. E.
- Ctchiropractic.com a useful site (with a few kinks); 2001; Campbell III, D.
- More Web Info; 2001; Quinn, M. L.
- A Free Web TV for Your Thoughts; 2001; Longstreth, A.
- Opinion Interview; 2001; Bond, M.
- The Virtual Consumer; 2001; Dahan, E., Hauser, J. R.
- Cyber-Mothers: Online Synchronous Interviewing using Conferencing Software; 2001; O' Connor, H., Madge, C.
- The Internet Matters: Exploring the Use of the Internet as a Research Tool; 2001; Illingworth, N.
- Internet users' adoption of Web retailing: user and product dimensions; 2001; Fenech, T., O'Cass, A.
- Online business education in the twenty-first century: an analysis of potential target markets; 2001; Evans, J. R., Haase, I. M.
- Combining Electronic and Traditional Survey Administration for a Competitive Advantage; 2001; Rosen, S., Cruzen, D., Waller, V.
- Market Research and the Evolution of Internet Services at Statistics Canada; 2001; Roy, D.
- Using Online Panels For Superb Feedback; 2001; Sharp, R.
- Channel 4 Website Development Case Study; 2001; Shaw, R.
- Technical and Legal Approaches to Unsolicited Electronic Mail; 2001; Sorkin, D. E.
- SuperCollect: a system for data capture using Internet; 2001; Stol, H. R.
- Measuring and Reporting Sources of Error in Surveys; 2001; Subcommittee on Measuring and Reporting the Quality of Survey Data. Federal Committee on Statistical...
- New data collection techniques. Hip or hype?; 2001; Tassabehji, R., King, R., Sudbury, M.
- Comparing Random Digit Dial Surveys With Web Surveys: The Case Of Health Care Consumers In California...; 2001; Berry, S., Zapert, K., Payne, S., Payne, L., Sanstad, K., Marcus, S., Spranca, M., Kan, H., Turner,...
- The Internet and the IMF Dissemination Standards Bulletin Board: Leveraging New Technology to Increase...; 2001; Carson, C. S., DiCalogero, R., McKee, J., Esfandiary, D. S.
- Estimating reliability and validity of measuring egocentric social networks; 2001; Kogovsek, T.
- Web versus Mail Questionnaire for an Institutional Survey; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z.
- Quantifying and Correcting Unit Nonresponse-Errors in Online-Surveys; 2001; Lukawetz, G.
- Measuring The U.S. Digital Economy: Theory and Practice; 2001; Mesenbourg, T. L., Atrostic, B. K.
- The Measurement of Life Histories through the Internet; 2001; Sikkel, D.
- A spectrometer in the bedroom—the development and potential of internet-based experiments; 2001; Cartwright, H. M., Valentine, K.
- Response Differences from Internet-enabled Respondents in Surveys Fielded via Internet and via Mail; 2001; Park, J. M.
- Using web research technology to accelerate innovation; 2001; Pawle, J., Cooper, P.
- A Guide to Best Practice in Online Quantitative Research; 2001; Poynter, R.
- Eye-Movement Analysis: A New Tool for Evaluating the Design of Visually Administered Instruments (Paper...; 2001; Redline, C. D., Lankford, C. P.
- First Things First: Internet Relay Chat Openings; 2001; Rintel, E. S., Mulholland, J., Pittam, J.
- ThinkStream: A New Paradigm for Web Site Measurement; 2001; Rolph, J.
- e-Research: Gold Mine or Land Mine?; 2001; Nuffer, K. G.
- Mode And Incentive Effects On Aspects Of Survey Administration And Data Quality; 2001; O’Brien, J. E., Levin, K., Hagerty, T., Greenlees, J. B., Saxon-Harrold, S. K. E., Kirsch, A....
- Analysis of Internet Users' Level of Online Privacy Concerns; 2001; O'Neil, D.
- Is The Internet The Future Of Market Research In Europe?; 2001; Oxley, M.
- Electronic Weak Ties in Network Organizations; 2001; Papakyriazis, N. V., Boudourides, M. A.
- Dimensions of Internet Science; 2001; Reips, U. -D., Bosnjak, M.
- Improving Survey Research on the World-Wide Web Using the Randomized Response Technique; 2001; Musch, J., Broder, A., Klauer, K. C.
- International Perspective: Using The Internet To Better Manage Major Surveys; 2001; MacNeill, R., Risk, R.
- How to recruit and retain respondents suitable for online research; 2001; Manolopoulos, P.
- Comparing On-Line Methodologies To Determine Data Impact; 2001; Masker, P.
- Conducting Web-based Surveys with Known Populations: Lessons Learned and Keys to Success; 2001; McGee, C. G., Straight, R. L., Schwartz, L.
- Using Both Online and Traditional Data Collection in the Same Research Project; 2001; McInerney, J.
- Participation in Non-Restricted Web Surveys: A Typology and Explanatory Model for Item-Nonresponse; 2001; Bosnjak, M.
- Survival of the Fittest Online: A Longitudinal Study of Health-Related Web Sites; 2001; McMillan, S. J.
- Using the Internet for Data Collection – Just Because We Can, Should We?; 2001; McNeish, J.