Web Survey Bibliography
Title Decentralised CATI Versus Paper and Pencil Interviewing: Effects on the Results in the Swedish Labour Force Surveys
Author Bergman, L. R., Kristiansson, K. -E., Olofsson, A., Safstrom, M.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 10, 2, pp. 181-195
Access date 16.12.2004
Full text pdf (1736k)
Abstract The results of decentralised computer assisted telephone interviewing (DCATI) and decentralised paper and pencil interviewing (DPAPI) were compared in a large methods study within the Swedish Labour Force Surveys. In the main study (n=103,161 and 23,420 for DPAPI and DCATI, respectively) key estimates were compared for the two methods. Very similar results were obtained except for (a) the category weak attachment to the labour market for which a 2% difference was found, believed to have been caused by a different layout of the response alternatives in DCATI and DPAPI, and (b) the percentage working 40 hours for which also a 2% method difference was found. Results from a reinterview study (n=1,800 for both DPAPI and DCATI) indicated that the two methods had produced data of very similar quality. In a coding study (n=4,127), the quality of the information provided by the interviewers on occupation and industry in DCATI was compared with previously obtained information using DPAPI. Both methods seemed to have produced almost equivalent information.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1994
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6359)
- Towards better integration of Internet in Statistics - a challenge for R & D; 2001; Meliskova, J.
- Designing and managing internet panels: lessons from the USA and Europe; 2001; Milsom, P., Manolopoulos, P.
- From Cyber Space to Cybernetic Space: Rethinking the Relationship between Real and Virtual Spaces; 2001; Mitra, A., Schwartz, R. L.
- Statement about Internet Polls; 2001; NCPP Polling Review Board
- The Effect of Motivational Messaging on Mode Choice and Response Rates in the Library Media Center Survey...; 2001; Marquis, K., Hoffman, R., Nichols, E. M.
- Time-diary Measurement on the Internet: An National Experiment; 2001; Nie, N., Robinson, J. P.
- Financial Incentives, Personal Information and Drop-Out in Online Studies; 2001; Frick, A., Bachtiger, M. T., Reips, U. -D.
- Drop-Out Analysis: Effects of Research Design; 2001; Knapp, F., Heidingsfelder, M.
- Conducting Web-Based Surveys; 2001; Solomon, D. J.
- Survey Nonresponse; 2001; Groves, R. M., Dillman, D. A., Eltinge, J. L., A.
- Classifying Response Behaviors in Web-based Surveys; 2001; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L.
- Response Consistency in an Internet-enabled Panel; 2001; Lazaroff, S., Kenyon, K.
- Internet Marketing Research: Theory and Practice; 2001; Lee, O.
- Conducting Customer Satisfaction Surveys Online; 2001; Lehtonen, D.
- Mail, Email and Web Surveys: A Cost and Response Rate Comparison in a Study of Undergraduate Research...; 2001; Lesser, V. M., Newton, L.
- Clarifying Question Meaning In A Web-Based Survey; 2001; Lind, L. H., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- Assessing customer satisfaction: How valid are the answers?; 2001; Lopata, R.
- Validity Issues in Web Derived Survey Data; 2001; Liu, K., Rosen, R. J., Stewart, E.
- Web survey errors; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Methodological variables in Web-based research that may affect results: Sample type, monetary...; 2001; O'Neil, K. M., Penrod, S. D.
- Experiments On Visual Effects in Web Surveys; 2001; Kenyon, K., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- Web Surveys: How Does The Software Work?; 2001; Kottler, R. E.
- Web-Based Surveys for a Nationally Representative Sample; 2001; Huggins, V. J., Krotki, K.
- An Empirical Portrait of the Yale New Media Workshop and MSNBC Internet Decision 2000 Survey; 2001; Lapinski, J.
- eResearch: New dogs, old tricks?; 2001; Hennebry, P., Barlow, S.
- What Can You Achieve Through Online Focus Groups?; 2001; Herbert, M.
- Drop-down, radio button, or fill-in-the-blank? Effects of attribute rating scale type on web survey...; 2001; Hogg, A., Jarrett Masztal, J.
- Emerging Technology And The Implications For Online Market Research; 2001; Hodson, M.
- How to evaluate the efficacy of online advertising; 2001; Hummerston, A.
- Seeking explanation in theory: Reflections on the social practices of organizations that distribute...; 2001; Robbin, A., Koball, H.
- Online Market Research Vs Traditional Methodologies; 2001; Hunter, J. E.
- Improving the capabilities of survey software for data collection; 2001; Jeon, J.
- Improving Electronic Questionnaires at the Census Bureau: Creating a Web Site to Promote User-Centered...; 2001; Kennedy, K., Hammond M. K.
- Screen Design in a Web Survey; 2001; Fuchs, M.
- Length of Input Field and the Responses Provided in a Self-Administrated Survey: A Comparison of a Paper...; 2001; Fuchs, M., Couper, M. P.
- How To Leverage The Online Environment To Acquire Powerful Research Data; 2001; Goglia, C.
- Why web usage statistics are (worse than) meaningless?; 2001; Goldberg, J.
- Transitioning From An Offline To Online World For Collection And Dissemination Of Marketing Research...; 2001; Graham, D.
- Pioneer Days: The promise of online polling; 2001; Greenberg, A., Rivers, D.
- Testing an Internet Response Option for the American Community Survey; 2001; Griffin, D. H., Fischer, D. P., Morgan, M. T.
- A Feasibility Evaluation of a Web-Based Demographic Survey; 2001; Griffin, E. K., Holbert, H.
- Leveraging Web-Based Surveys For Quick, Targeted, And Insightful Customer Feedback; 2001; Hallen, G.
- Measuring Internet Eco-system Using User-centric Data; 2001; Han, J., Park, C.
- E-mail Survey Response Rates: A Review; 2001; Sheehan, K. B.
- Successful online qualitative market research; 2001; Bradford, D. P.
- From telephone to the Web; 2001; Stone, B.
- Best practices for online survey research; 2001; Dimetrosky, S., Khawaja, S., Degens, P.
- The Web Questionnaire Challenge to Survey Methodologists; 2001; Dillman, D. A., Bowker, D.
- Response Rate and Measurement Differences in Mixed Mode Surveys Using Mail, Telephone, Interactive Voice...; 2001; Dillman, D. A., Phelps, G., Tortora, R. D., Swift, K., Kohrell, J., Berck, J.
- Values added from Internet research: research usefulness, methodological innovation and global partnerships...; 2001; Eichman, C., Seggev, E., Mezzasalma, A., Licastro, G.