Web Survey Bibliography
Title Decentralised CATI Versus Paper and Pencil Interviewing: Effects on the Results in the Swedish Labour Force Surveys
Author Bergman, L. R., Kristiansson, K. -E., Olofsson, A., Safstrom, M.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 10, 2, pp. 181-195
Access date 16.12.2004
Full text pdf (1736k)
Abstract The results of decentralised computer assisted telephone interviewing (DCATI) and decentralised paper and pencil interviewing (DPAPI) were compared in a large methods study within the Swedish Labour Force Surveys. In the main study (n=103,161 and 23,420 for DPAPI and DCATI, respectively) key estimates were compared for the two methods. Very similar results were obtained except for (a) the category weak attachment to the labour market for which a 2% difference was found, believed to have been caused by a different layout of the response alternatives in DCATI and DPAPI, and (b) the percentage working 40 hours for which also a 2% method difference was found. Results from a reinterview study (n=1,800 for both DPAPI and DCATI) indicated that the two methods had produced data of very similar quality. In a coding study (n=4,127), the quality of the information provided by the interviewers on occupation and industry in DCATI was compared with previously obtained information using DPAPI. Both methods seemed to have produced almost equivalent information.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1994
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Evaluation of Differential Sampling in the Knowledge Networks Panel: What is the Effect on Coverage,...; 2002; Huggins, V. J., Tang, X.
- Does This Question Work? Evaluating Cognitive Interview Results Using Respondent Debriefing Questions...; 2002; Hughes, K. A., DeMaio, T. J.
- New Data Collections Using Touchtone Data Entry; 2002; Jakhu, S., Sauer, M. E.
- Use Of Web-Based Data Collection To Supplement And Improve Mail Survey Response Rates; 2002; Keesling, R.
- Assessment of Mode-Effects in a Web-enabled Study of Civic Attitudes; 2002; Laird, G., Wiebe, E. F., Thalji, L., Pulliam, P.
- Mode Effect In Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Participation In Telephone Pre-Recruited Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M., Vehovar, V.
- A Usability Evaluation of Key Parts of Census.Gov; 2002; Olmsted, E. L., Marquis, K.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys To Measure Customer Satisfaction; 2002; Salvucci, S., Parker, A., Wenck, S., Peng, S., Goldstein, A.
- An Experiment Comparing Computer-Assisted and Paper Modes of Data Collection for the Short Form in Census...; 2002; Schneider, S. J., Cantor, D., Malakhoff, L., Arieira, C., Segel, P., Nguyen, L., Guarino, J. A.
- Automation Strategies for the Covered Employment and Wages (CEW) Program; 2002; Searson, M.
- Man vs. Machine - A Study of the Ability of Statistical Methodologies to Discern Human Generated ssh...; 2002; Solka, J. L., Marchette, D., Adams, M. L.
- Recent Developments For Interactive Statistical Graphics On The Web Using “nViZn”; 2002; Symanzik, J., Gunter, L.
- Enhancing Consulting With A Website: Making Resources Available To Clients; 2002; Williams, C. J.
- Online research requires verification of information; 2002; Goldsborough, R.
- Using the Internet for surveys and health research; 2002; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Post-adoption attitudes to advertising on the Internet; 2002; Rodgers, S., Chen, Q.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- Assessing Respondents’ Need for Clarification in Web Surveys Using Age-Based User Modeling; 2002; Coiner, T. F., Coiner, T., Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Computer Assisted Pretesting of Telephone Interview Questionnaires (CAPTIQ); 2002; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F., Kleudgen, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau; 2002; Guarino, J. A., Bouffard, J. A.
- The Penn State Model for the Intro Stat Course: A Description and an Assessment; 2002; Harkness, W. L., Buchanan, P., Heckard, R.
- Incentive Survey Finds Uncertainties; 2002; Anonymous
- Use of the internet to study the utility values of the public; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Sturley, A. E.
- The effects of delivery mode upon survey response rate and perceived attitudes of Texas agri-science...; 2002; Fraze, S., Hardin, K., Brashears, T., Smith, J. H., Lockaby, J.
- Internet-Based Psychological Experimenting: Five Dos and Five Don'ts; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Depression in Internet and Face-to-Face Cancer Support Groups: A Pilot Study; 2002; Klemm, P., Hardie, T.
- Virtually participating: A survey of online party members; 2002; Ward, S., Lusoli, W., Gibson, R.
- Elections and Public Polling: Will the Media Get Online Polling Right?; 2002; Johnson, D. W.
- Design Net surveys that reduce exits; 2002; Maginnis, C.
- Key Bank Polls Its People On-Line; 2002; Sraeel, H.
- Great figure--but can you trust it?; 2002; Gaber, I.
- Online surveys in marketing research: pros and cons; 2002; Ilieva, J., Baron, S., Healey, N. M.
- Older Adults Living Through and With Their Computers; 2002; Clark, D. J.
- Seeking legitimacy in online surveys; 2002; Jesdanun, A.
- Self-administered questions by telephone: Evaluating interactive voice response; 2002; Tourangeau, R., Steiger, D. M.,
- Online versus offline research: implications for evaluating digital media; 2002; Gunter, B., Nicholas, D., Huntington, P., Williams, P.
- Exploratory study into wireless application protocol shopping; 2002; Fenech, T.
- Shifting Articulations of Internet Privacy; 2002; Gustafson, K.
- U. S. Air Force Surveys; 2002; Hamilton, C. H., Datko, L. M., Bell, J.
- Respondent burden and Gratifications in Internet Surveys; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Roll-Hansen, D.
- Mode effects in a mail plus Internet designed census; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Dale, T., Dalheim, E., Stromme, H.
- Panel attrition in relation to different kinds of incentives; 2002; Hemsing, W., Mueller, J., Graef, L.
- The Kid's Experimental Psychology Lab: A Web Site for Internet Research with Children; 2002; Frick, A., Reips, U. -D.
- Effects of questionnaire length on response rates: review of findings and guidelines for future research...; 2002; Galesic, M.