Web Survey Bibliography
Title Case Management and Communications for Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing
Author Nicholls II, W. L., Kindel, K. K.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 9, 3, pp. 623-639
Access date 18.12.2004
Abstract This paper presents a brief history, current assessment, and occasional future vision of CAPI case management and communications as employed in national, household surveys. It is based both on the authors' experience at the U.S. Census Bureau and on reports from the broader CAPI community. While traditional methods of transmitting survey materials continue in use, telecommunications are increasingly relied on for transmission of CAPI interviewing assignments, survey data, dispositions, and questionnaire changes. This trend is encouraged by technical solutions to issues in the confidentiality, data integrity, computer security, and cost effectiveness of telecommunications. The evolution of CAPI case management systems at both the interviewer and the central office levels also is progressing rapidly as these systems increase in functionality and sophistication. These advances may significantly change both the operation and future capabilities of household interview surveys.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1993
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 1993 (11)
- The biasing effect of scale-checking styles on response to a Likert scale; 1993; Friedman, H. et al.
- SUMI: the Software Usability Measurement Inventory; 1993; Kirakowski, J., Corbett, M.
- Generalized raking procedures in survey sampling; 1993; Deville, J. C., Sarndal, C. E., Sautory, O.
- Discovery-oriented consumer research; 1993; Wells, W. D.
- Equivalence of computerized and paper-and-pencil cognitive ability tests: A meta-analysis; 1993; Mead, A. D., Drasgow, F.
- Effects of Questionnaire Lenght, respondent-Friendly Design, and A Difficult Question on Response for...; 1993; Dillman, D. A., Clark, J.R., Sinclair, M.D.
- Advances in Survey Methods and Technology at the Research Triangle Institute; 1993; Biemer, P. P., Flynn, P., Folsom, R., Lessler, J. T., Mason, R., O'Reilly, J. M., Williams, R.
- Case Management and Communications for Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing; 1993; Nicholls II, W. L., Kindel, K. K.
- The Use of CAPI for Attitude Surveys: An Experimental Comparison with Traditional Methods; 1993; Martin, J., O'Muircheartaigh, C., Curtice, J.
- Management of Computer Assisted Interviews in the Netherlands; 1993; Hofman, L. P. M. B., Keller, W. J.
- Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing; 1993; Sainsbury, R., Ditch, J., Hutton, S.