Web Survey Bibliography
Title Case Management and Communications for Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing
Author Nicholls II, W. L., Kindel, K. K.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 9, 3, pp. 623-639
Access date 18.12.2004
Abstract This paper presents a brief history, current assessment, and occasional future vision of CAPI case management and communications as employed in national, household surveys. It is based both on the authors' experience at the U.S. Census Bureau and on reports from the broader CAPI community. While traditional methods of transmitting survey materials continue in use, telecommunications are increasingly relied on for transmission of CAPI interviewing assignments, survey data, dispositions, and questionnaire changes. This trend is encouraged by technical solutions to issues in the confidentiality, data integrity, computer security, and cost effectiveness of telecommunications. The evolution of CAPI case management systems at both the interviewer and the central office levels also is progressing rapidly as these systems increase in functionality and sophistication. These advances may significantly change both the operation and future capabilities of household interview surveys.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1993
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6352)
- Internet Surveys - Potentials for Use in Scientific Research; 2001; Galesic, M.
- Comparing social desirability responding on world wide web and paper-administered surveys; 2001; Hancock, D. R., Flowers, C. P.
- Facilitating research; 2001; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Metaevaluation of the Web-Based ATE Survey Evaluation System; 2001; Hartmann, D., Loizides, G.
- Online Data Collection With Special Populations Over the World Wide Web; 2001; Marcell, M. M., Falls, A. L.
- Trials and Tribulations: Conducting an Online, Web-based Survey; 2001; Jankowski, N. W., Van Selm, M.
- Reliability And Comparability Of Choice-Based Measures: Online and Paper-and-Pencil Methods of Administration...; 2001; Miller, T. W., Rake, D., Sumimoto, T., Hollman, P. S.
- Experimental analysis of survey response bias over the internet: Some results from the Retirement Perspectives...; 2001; McFadden, D., Winter, J.
- Retaining Virtue in a Virtual World: E-surveys in Public Policy Research; 2001; Mallett, T.
- Literature Review of Web and E-mail Surveys, Chapter III; 2001; Schonlau, M., Fricker, R. D., Elliot, M. N.
- Comparing Two Survey Approaches: Web and Traditional Mail; 2001; Howes, C. M., Mailloux, M. R.
- Weighting for nontelephone households in RDD surveys; 2001; Ferraro, D., Brick, J. M.
- A Comparison Of Electronic Surveying By E-Mail And Web; 2001; Brawner, C. E., Felder, R. M., Allen, R. H., Brent, R., Miller, T. K.
- Satisfaction Survey by Web or by Paper? A Case Study; 2001; Laughlin, B.
- Response Rates in Internet Surveys – Experiences from an Online Expert Survey into WAP for business...; 2001; Marcussen, C. H.
- Investigating Validity in Web Surveys; 2001; Satmetrix Systems
- The Usage of the Email Message/Internet Surveys Compared With Other Methods of Collecting Data; 2001; Thistlethwaite, P. C., Luker, K., Ransdell, T.
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: Reciprocal Self-Disclosure in Internet-Based Surveys; 2001; Joinson, A. N.
- Two online surveys of Italian Internet audiences: a summary of findings; 2001; Magistretti, S.
- Advertising research in the 21st century. A new method for the Internet age; 2001; Hollier, E. A., Remington, K. C.
- The quality of online panels. A methodological test; 2001; Hoppe, M., Lamp, R.
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness in Online research; 2001; Poulsen, C. S.
- Mixing research techniques for a mixed economy; 2001; Twyman, T., Mundy, C.
- Four week radio survey. Evaluating models for extended reach and frequency; 2001; Lyall, A., Neely, M., Rungie, C. M.
- RAJAR respondents. A re-contact survey; 2001; Stockley, J., Farmer, T.
- The comparison of two radio diary methodologies; 2001; Tolkunow, E.
- Is there still a place for non-electronic measurement?; 2001; Kujawski, M., Sawinski, Z., Matuszynski, A.
- Raising responses among young people. E-diaries, phone motivation and incentives; 2001; Appel, M.
- Over the Net. Taking advantage of the Internet in radio measurement; 2001; Cohen, E., O'Hare, B., Jones, L.
- The research industry’s waning relationship with the respondent. Why fewer people are taking part...; 2001; MacElroy, W., Erickson, E., Monroe, M., Victoria, D., Bove, F.
- Beyond data gathering. Implications of CRM systems to market research; 2001; Flores, L., Briggs, R.
- Joined up research on the eHighway; 2001; Aamli, B. A., Aarts, P., Abens, R.
- Paradata. Concepts and applications; 2001; Jeavons, A.
- Opinions and experiences of university faculty regarding library research instruction: Results of a...; 2001; Gonzales, R.
- Is the internet the future of market research? The views of FMCG clients in Europe; 2001; Carnot, A., Oxley, M.
- Reducing Missing Data in Surveys: An Overview of Methods; 2001; de Leeuw, E. D.
- Platform-dependent biases in Online Research: Do Mac users really think different?; 2001; Buchanan, T., Reips, U. -D.
- A General Introduction to the Design of Questionnaires for Survey Research; 2001; Burgess, T. F.
- Chinese online consumers' responses to web-based data collection efforts: A comparison with American...; 2001; Zhang, Y., Wang, C. C. L., Chen, J. Q.
- Internet Audience Measurement: A Practitioner's View; 2001; Coffey, S.
- Documentation for 2001 Winter Internet Survey; 2001; Alvarez, M. R., Sherman, R.
- Using touch screen audio-CASI to obtain data on sensitive topics; 2001; Cooley, P. C., Rogers, S. M., Al-Tayyib, A. A., Ganapathi, L. F., Willis, G. B., Turner, C. F.
- Sample Selection and the Internet Survey of American Opinion (ISAO); 2001; VanBeselaere, C.
- Dyspnea During Panic Attacks: An Internet Survey of Incidences of Changes in Breathing; 2001; Anderson, B., Ley, R.
- Using modern IT tools to assess the awareness of MDs on radiation issues and plan a continuous education...; 2001; Barmid, P. D., Psarouli, E., Stilou, S.
- Does the Internet Increase, Decrease, or Supplement Social Capital? Social Networks, Participation,...; 2001; Wellman, B., Haase, A. Q., Witte, J. C., Hampton, K. N.
- Marketing Educator Internet Adoption in 1998 versus 2000: Significant Progress and Remaining Obstacles...; 2001; Lincoln, D. J.
- Practitioner and Academic Recommendations for Internet Marketing and E–Commerce Curricula; 2001; Mitchell, T., Strauss, J.
- Confusion of Group Interest and Self-Interest in Parochial Cooperation on Behalf of a Group; 2001; Baron, J.
- Web-based surveys: reaching potential respondents on-line; 2001; Goldby, T. J., Savitskie, K., Stank, T. P., Vickery, S. K.