Web Survey Bibliography
Title Within-Household Sampling of Multiple Target Groups in Computer-Assisted Telephone Surveys
Author Whitmore, R. W., Folsom, R., Burkheimer, G. J., Wheeless, S. C.
Source Journal of Official Statistics, 4, 4, pp. 299-305
Access date 20.12.2004
Full text pdf (729k)
Abstract Random digit dialing (RDD) telephone samples provide a cost-effective mechanism for surveying the populations of countries in which the rate of telephone ownership is high. Two-stage sampling designs are often used to improve the efficiency of RDD samples of households. This paper discusses efficient methods for achieving target sample sizes in subsequent stages of the sampling design when the ultimate sampling units are household members belonging to disjoint domains.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1986-1990
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Obtaining Sensitive Data Through the Web: An Example of Design and Methods; 2002; Baer, A., Saroiu, S., Koutsky, L. A.
- Survey of Doctors' Experience of Patients Using the Internet; 2002; Potts, H. W. W., Wyatt, J. C., Pagerey, P.D.
- Conducting Online Research; 2002; Hogg, A.
- Models in the Practice of Survey Sampling (Revisited); 2002; Kalton, G.
- Better television audience measurement through cable and satellite set top boxes; 2002; Harvey, B., Jarvis, T., Booth, R.
- The end of measurement as we know it?; 2002; Green, A.
- Internet panel as a tool for TV programme appreciation research; 2002; Hammersma, M., Appel, M.
- Quality control of TV peoplemeter panels; 2002; Chavenon, H., Khoury, J.
- The future is now. The latest findings from the market launch of the portable people meter in Philadelphia...; 2002; Patchen, R. H., Webb, B. M.
- Online audience distribution and duplication. A new perspective on consumer behavior in tactical media...; 2002; Zeman, M.
- Optimising the effect of hybrid marketing campaigns; 2002; Rietberg, J., Menkveld, M.
- Reaching children online. A longitudinal study of Internet habits; 2002; Clarke, J.
- Daily reach using SMS. Measuring and reporting reach in real time; 2002; Widman, L., Vogelius, L.
- Electronic measurement of magazine reading. New methodology, new problems, new solutions; 2002; Mattlin, J.
- Libraries and desktop storage options: results of a Web-based survey; 2002; Hendricks, A., Wang, J.
- The local/global decision in Internet research; 2002; Crawford, S. D., Jones, S., Rowen, C.
- Improving Honeywell’s market research. Combining online surveys, traditional interviewing techniques...; 2002; Feld, K. G., Stone, W. K.
- A cup of tea, a sofa and a remote control. The world of research through interactive TV; 2002; Walker, D. A.
- Survey Professionals Using Electronic Surveys; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-Based Surveys for Data Gathering from Medical Educators: An Exploration of the Efficacy and Impact...; 2002; Lee, C., Frank, J. R., Cole, G., Mikhael, N. Z., Miles, C. A.
- You Still Need High Response Rates with Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- E-research: Methods, Strategies and Issues; 2002; Anderson, T., Kanuka, H.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Rape Myth Acceptance and Judgments of Vulnerability to Sexual Assault: An Internet Experiment; 2002; Bohner, G., Danner, U. N., Siebler, F., Samson, G. B.
- Measuring Differences in Preactivation on the Internet: The Content Category Superiority Effect; 2002; Eichstaedt, J.
- Internet Experts' Planning of Explanations for Laypersons: A Web Experimental Approach in the Internet...; 2002; Nueckles, M., Bromme, R.
- Going Beyond the Conversion of Paper Survey Forms to Web Surveys; 2002; Chatman, S.
- Using Opscan Technology in Survey Research; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- Navigating the Rapids of Change: Some Observations on Survey Methodology in the Early 21st Century; 2002; Dillman, D. A.
- Using Electronic Surveys: Advice from Survey Professionals; 2002; Shannon, D. M., Johnson, T. E., Searcy, S., Lott, A.
- Web-based surveys: changing the survey process; 2002; Gunn, H.
- On-line with e-mums: exploring the Internet as a medium for research; 2002; Madge, C., O' Connor, H.
- Survey Response Quality: Shirking Behaviour in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2002; VanBeselaere, C.
- Hard Choices, Easy Answers: Values, Information, and American Public Opinion; 2002; Alvarez, M. R., Brehm, J.
- Internet Research Looks in the Mirror: A Survey of North American Research Professionals; 2002; Prophis
- The Internet and city tourism - information sources for travel planning; 2002; Tjostheim, I., Tronvoll, B.
- The Internet in competition with the traditional information sources; 2002; Tjostheim, I.
- A Multivariate Analysis of Risk Markers for Dating Violence Victimization; 2002; Harned, N. S.
- The Role of Technology in Organization Development and Change; 2002; Church, A. H., Gilbert, M., Oliver, D. H., Paquet, K., Surface, C.
- Social Movement Participation in the Digital Age: Predicting Offline and Online Collective Action; 2002; Brunsting, S., Postmes, T.
- Technology and the Customer Interface: What Consumers Want in the Physical and Virtual Store; 2002; Burke, R. R.
- Computer-Mediated Group Work: The Interaction of Sex and Anonymity; 2002; Flannigan, A., Tiyaamornwong, V., O'Connor, J., Seibold, D. R.
- Generating data online: ethical concerns and challenges for the C21 researcher; 2002; Mann, C.
- IAPI (Internet Aided Personal Interview); 2002; Muehlenfeld, H. -U.
- Evaluation of Web Survey Data Collection Systems; 2002; Crawford, S. D.
- Online journalists in the Netherlands: Towards a profile of a new profession; 2002; Deuze, M., Dimoudi, C.
- Online research will take off in the UK in 2003 - The case for and against; 2002; Anonymous
- Evaluation of Users' Experience of the Census 2000 Internet Form; 2002; Stapleton, C., Murphy, E. D.
- Online surveys with simple random samples for large populations; 2002; Kreuels, B.
- Sampling problems in research on personal Homepages; 2002; Marcus, B., Machilek, F., Schuetz, A., Kilian, C.