Web Survey Bibliography
Title Web survey data collection and retrieval to plan teleradiology implementation
Author Alaoui, A., Collmann, J. R., Johnson, J. A., Lindisch, D., Mun, S. K.
Source Medical Imaging 2003: PACS and Integrated Medical Information Systems: Design and Evaluation, pp. 452-460
Access date 21.12.2004
Abstract This case study details the experience of system engineers of the Imaging Science and Information Systems Center, Georgetown University Medical Center (ISIS) and radiologists from the department of Radiology in the implementation of a new Teleradiology system. The Teleradiology system enables radiologists to view medical images from remote sites under those circumstances where a resident radiologist needs assistance in evaluating the images after hours and during weekends; it also enables clinicians access to patients" medical images from different workstations within the hospital. The Implementation of the Teleradiology project was preceded by an evaluation phase to perform testing, gather users feedback using a web site and collect information that helped eliminate system bugs, complete recommendations regarding minimum hardware configuration and bandwidth and enhance system"s functions, this phase included a survey-based system assessment of computer configurations, Internet connections, problem identification, and recommendations for improvement, and a testing period with 2 radiologists and ISIS engineers; The second phase was designed to launch the system and make it available to all attending radiologists in the department.To accomplish the first phase of the project a web site was designed and ASP pages were created to enable users to securely logon and enter feedback and recommendations into an SQL database.This efficient, accurate data flow alleviated networking, software and hardware problems. Corrective recommendations were immediately forwarded to the software vendor. The vendor responded with software updates that better met the needs of the radiologists. The ISIS Center completed recommendations for minimum hardware and bandwidth requirements. This experience illustrates that the approach used in collecting the data and facilitating the teamwork between the system engineers and radiologists was instrumental in the project"s success. Major problems with the Teleradiology system were discovered and remedied early by linking the actual practice experience of the physicians to the system improvements.
Access/Direct link SPIE Digital Library (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (403)
- Data Editing By Reporting Enterprises; 2003; Anonymous
- Initiative and Clarification in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G., Ehlen, P., Lind, L. H., Coiner, T.
- Using Fine-Grained Likert Scales in Web Surveys; 2003; Mathieson, K., Doane, D. P.
- Was based questioning procedure; 2003; Batinic, B.
- Online-Erhebungen in den Sozialwissenschaften; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Psychologische Forschung zum und im Internet; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Internet-based & Mail Survey: A Hybrid Probabilistic Survey Approach; 2003; Parackal, M.
- Interactive Features in Web Surveys; 2003; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.
- The Effect of Respondent and Technology Characteristics on the Intention to Participate in Internet-...; 2003; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Adjustments for non-telephone bias in random-digit-dialling surveys; 2003; Frankel, M. R., Srinath, K. P., Hoaglin, D. C.
- Mobile Phone Surveys; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Data Collection of the 21st Century?; 2003; Giovannini, E.
- Collecting data in the information age: Exploring Web-based survey methods in educational research; 2003; Saxon, D., Garratt, D., Gilroy, P., Cairns, C.
- Tempestivit? and qualit: conceptual aspects and behaviors of answer in surveyings via Internet. An application...; 2003; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- The Impact of the Visible: Images, Spacing, and Other Visual Cues in Web Surveys; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Is the Applicability of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research limited to the Field of Information...; 2003; Roztocki, N., Lahri, N. A.
- Ten years after; 2003; Bradford, D. P.
- Are you talking to the right people?; 2003; Davis, H.
- Be prepared; 2003; Fitzgerald, A.
- Watch out for dropouts; 2003; Hogg, A., Miller, J.
- Persuasive e-mail invitations; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Online sample -- can you trust it?; 2003; Maginnis, C.
- Best practices for online research; 2003; Smith, L.
- WebSurveyor and Surveywriter; 2003; Macer, T.
- Internet surveys: limits and beyond limits; 2003; Mititelu, C.
- Validity of the Survey of Health and Internet and Knowledge Network's Panel and Sampling; 2003; Baker, L. C., Bundorf, M. K., Singer, S. J., Wagner, T. H.
- Email-Befragung unter Direktkandidaten. Methodische Erfahrungen aus Baden-Württemberg und Rheinland-...; 2003; Faas, T.
- Offline rekrutierte Access Panels: Königsweg der Online-Forschung?; 2003; Faas, T.
- Adoption of WAP-enabled mobile phones among Internet users; 2003; Teo, T. S. H., Pok, S. H.
- Conducting Research on the Internet: Online Survey Design, Development and Implementation Guidelines; 2003; Andrews, D., Nonnecke, B., Preece, J.
- Understanding the effects of audio-CASI on self-reports of sensitive behavior; 2003; Couper, M. P., Singer, E., Tourangeau, R.
- Internet-based intervention to promote organ donor registry participation and family notification; 2003; Merion, R. M., Vinokur, A. D., Couper, M. P.
- Survey Automation: Report and Workshop Proceedings; 2003; Cohen, M. L., Groves, R. M., Kalsbeek, W., Cork, D. L.
- Survey Research: In-Person, Mail, Telephone and Web Methods; 2003; Leon, J. J., Brown, W. C., Ruch, L. O., Johnson, T. E.
- The SAGE Encyclopedia of Social Science Research Methods; 2003; Lewis-Beck, M., Bryman, A. E., Futing Liao, T.
- Conducting Qualitative Research On-Line in Student Affairs; 2003; Flowers, L. A., Moore III, J. L.
- Gratification Niches of Monthly Print Magazines and the World Wide Web Among a Group of Special-Interest...; 2003; Randle, Q.
- Web survey data collection and retrieval to plan teleradiology implementation; 2003; Alaoui, A., Collmann, J. R., Johnson, J. A., Lindisch, D., Mun, S. K.
- Database Design for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2003; Pargas, R. P., Witte, J. C., Jaganathan, K., Davis, J. S.
- Prevention and Treatment of Item Nonresponse; 2003; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Huisman, M.
- Localizing TAM to meet industry’s needs utilizing mixed methodology in the Chinese TV market; 2003; Brosenne, M., Taniguchi, M., Wang, P.
- Installing peoplemeter TAM panels in 2000; 2003; Sellick-Petra, A.
- A full year of audience research with PPM. What we’ve learned so far; 2003; Webb, B. M., Patchen, R. H.
- 21st century measurement of 21st century media. PPM’s capture of radio 'dial' switching: The new...; 2003; Stinnett, S., McConochie, R. M., Goerlich, B.
- Measuring formats. Electronic measurement boosts programming; 2003; Mueller, R., Daehler, M.
- Programming and marketing in a PPM world; 2003; Rogerson, D.
- Does recall-based audience measurement truly represent the audiences of speech stations? The results...; 2003; MacKenzie, K., Ridley, B.
- Diary and telephone-based measurement of the network radio audience in the United States. A comparison...; 2003; Lapovsky, D., Evans, T. C. N.
- Keeping visitors and communication effects in site; 2003; Dahlen, M., Rosengren, S., Shulakov, N.
- Measuring consumers' Internet behavior. Unique challenges require new solutions; 2003; Fulgoni, G. M.