Web Survey Bibliography
Title Database Design for Dynamic Online Surveys
Source Proceedings of ITCC 2003, pp. 665-671
Access date 21.12.2004
Full text pdf (353k)
Abstract This paper discusses the architecture and implementation of dynamic web-based surveys with an emphasis on the recently completed Survey2001 project. Survey2001 was made available at the National Geographic website for several months starting October 2001 and could be taken in four different languages: English, German, Spanish and Italian. This paper discusses surveys in general, the advantages of web-based surveys, lays the background for Survey2001, describes the details of the database used and the manner in which transitions were conducted in this dynamic web-based survey. It also lists the results, including other surveys developed using the same database structure, and concludes with a look to the future.
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - Witte, J. C. (7)
- Introduction to the Special Issue on Web Surveys ; 2009; Witte, J. C.
- Web Survey Design: Balancing Measurement, Response, and Topical Interest ; 2009; Shropshire, K. O., Hawdon, J. E., Witte, J. C.
- Instrument Effects of Images in Web Surveys: A Research Note; 2004; Witte, J. C., Pargas, R. P., Mobley, C., Hawdon, J.
- Database Design for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2003; Pargas, R. P., Witte, J. C., Jaganathan, K., Davis, J. S.
- Does the Internet Increase, Decrease, or Supplement Social Capital? Social Networks, Participation,...; 2001; Wellman, B., Haase, A. Q., Witte, J. C., Hampton, K. N.
- Method and Representation in Internet-Based Survey Tools: Mobility, Community, and Cultural Identity...; 2000; Witte, J. C., Amoroso, L. M., Howard, P. E. N.
- Research Methodology: Method and Representation in Internet-Based Survey Tools-Mobility, Community,...; 2000; Witte, J. C., Amoroso, L. M., Howard, P. E. N.