Web Survey Bibliography
Title Survey Errors and Survey Costs (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology)
Author Groves, R. M.
Source John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Access date 17.01.2005
Abstract Presents a comprehensive treatment of survey errors and the costs and benefits of alternative survey designs, integrating statistical and social science perspectives on survey design. Considers coverage error, nonresponse error, sampling error, and measurement error, including the effects of interviewers and respondents, the wording of the questionnaire, and mode of data collection. A review of the social science and statistical literatures on survey errors is included, and the relationships between the different types of errors are explored. Presents cost models designed to reduce the various types of errors.
Access/Direct link Homepage - Amazon.com
Year of publication2004
Web Survey Bibliography - Costs (461)
- Effectiveness of incentives in web surveys within mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs...; 2009; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Representativeness of web surveys to the general public ; 2009; Sonck, N.
- Using Internet survey paradata to optimize survey questionnaire design; 2009; Heerwegh, D.
- Effectiveness of incentives in mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs; 2009; Vehovar, V.; Lozar Manfreda, K.; Berzelak, N.
- "Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment: Balancing costs and errors"; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Panel Discussion: Industry Sustainability In Light Of Recent Quality Initiatives; 2009; Pearson, C., Shapero, D., Umeh, K., Boen, D.
- Addressing the Cell Phone-Only Problem: Cell Phone Sampling Versus Address Based Sampling; 2009; W., Daily, G., Shuttles, D. C., Bourquin, C., Yancey, L. T.Link, M. W.
- Money talks: non-monetary incentive and Internet administration fail to increase response rates to a...; 2009; Recklitis, C. J., Campbell, E. G., Kutner, J. S., Bober, S. L.
- Developing an Internet-based survey to collect program cost data; 2009; Caffray, C. M., Chatterji, P.
- Mobile phone surveys in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V.
- Towards a flexible online mixed method design with a feedback loop; 2009; Lobe, B., Vehovar, V.
- Changing times, changing modes: The future of public opinion polling?; 2008; Terhanian, G.
- Costs and Benefits from Conducting a Supplemental Sample of Cell Phone Numbers in National RDD Surveys...; 2008; Kennedy, C.
- The implications of variation in national data-collection mode access and rates of access change: a...; 2008; Blyth, B.
- What Can We Achieve With 5 Euros? Optimization of Survey Data Quality Using Mixed-Mode Approaches; 2008; Berzelak, N., Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Nonresponse in web surveys within the context of survey errors and survey costs; 2008; Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Evaluating the Potential Contributions of a Web-based Convenience Sample to the Accuracy of a Probability...; 2008; Elliott, M. N., Haviland, A.
- Experiment on Use of Internet Cell Phone Only Panelists to Supplement RDD Samples; 2008; Turakhia, C., Schulman, M. A., Bohinsky, S.
- Relative Costs of a Multi-frame, Multi-mode Enhancement to an RDD Survey; 2008; Edwards, W. S., Brick, J. M., Grant, D. B.
- Evaluating Efficiency and Effectiveness of Cell Phone Samples; 2008; Sen, S., Zmud, J., Arce, C.
- Offering Respondents a Choice of Survey Mode: Use Patterns of an Internet Response Option in a Mail...; 2008; Gentry, R. J.
- The MacroPoll Wireless Experience: Development and Lessons Learned.; 2008; Austin, J. D., Zullwack, R., Dyer, A., Dayton, J. J.
- Does Including Cell-Only Households in an RDD Survey Change the Estimates? The Case of the American...; 2008; Bryant, B. E., Baker, R. P.
- Use of FedEx: Early, Late or Never?; 2008; Pope, D.
- Top concerns for our industry; 2008; Grapentine, T.
- Integration of the web into survey data collection: Balancing costs and errors; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Optimization of costs and errors in mixed-mode surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Cost efficiency in a mixed-mode survey – The Norwegian Rent Marked Survey; 2008; Lagerstrom, B. O.
- Dependent Interviewing: Effects on Respondent Burden and Efficiency of Data Collection; 2008; Jaeckle, A.
- A Primer on Web Surveys; 2008; Austin, T. M., Richter, R. R., Reinking, M. F.
- Mixed mode: the only 'fitness' regime?; 2008; Blyth, B.
- Computer-assisted self-interviews: A cost effectiveness analysis; 2008; L. Vanable, P. A., Eriksen, M. D., L.Brown, J. L.
- Learning and fatigue during choice experiments: a comparison of online and mail survey modes; 2008; Savage, S. J., Waldman, D. M.
- Internet surveys; 2008; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Koren, G.
- Online-questionnaire design guidelines; 2007; Lumsden, J.
- Survey Research in a Wireless World; 2007; Pazurik, A., Cameron, M. R.
- Low-Cost, Hosted Online Surveys Open up Opportunities for Businesses to Quickly Gain Insights Into and...; 2007; Ramstetter Wenzel, A.
- An Internet-Based Stated Choices Household Survey for Alternative Fuelled Vehicles ; 2007; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S.
- Interactive Features of Web Surveys; 2007; Conrad, F. G.
- Assessing mobile-based online surveys: Methodological considerations and pilot study in an advertising...; 2007; Okazaki, S.
- A preliminary study of electronic surveys as a means to enhance management accounting research; 2007; Al-Omiri, M.
- Email Surveys in Educational Research: Ethical and Net-Cultural Concerns; 2007; Nguyen, C. H.
- Access Panels and Survey Nonresponse: Making It Better or Worse?; 2007; Stoop, I., Bethlehem, J., de Bie, S.
- Comparison of Data Collection Procedures; 2007; Saris, W. E.
- Testing for the survey mode effect on contingent valuation data quality: A case study of web based versus...; 2007; Marta-Pedroso, C., Freitas, H., Domingos, T.
- A comparison of reliability between telephone and web-based surveys; 2007; Braunsberger, K., Wybenga, H., Gates, R.
- From "Innavators" to "Laggards" - Diffusion of Unrestricted Surveys on the Web ; 2007; Wolsing, A., Faas, T.
- SniperScale: Graphical scaling in data collection and its effect on the response behaviour of participants...; 2007; Luetters, H., Westphal, D., Heublein, F.
- Good intentions are very popular. They can always be used again. On forecasting of product potential...; 2007; Melles, T., Puetzfeld, S.
- Can Open-Source Survey Tools be used in Wleb-based Market Research? ; 2007; Frichter, C.