Web Survey Bibliography
Title Case Study: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Knowledge Management Online-Survey
Author Karapidis, A., Schnalzer, K., Wesoly, M.
Access date 30.03.2005
Abstract The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society. One of the fields of research is Knowledge Management with experts located throughout Germany in seventeen different institutes. In 2004 the Fraunhofer Knowledge Management Community realized an online-benchmarking-survey concerning the current and future state of Knowledge Management in German companies. The survey was conducted using the Benchmarking Online Service developed by the Fraunhofer IAO.In a holistic approach three basic competences of web-based benchmarks were integrated: The technical competence, which is not only limited to the execution of web-based questionnaires but includes the support of the entire technical infrastructure, e.g. the configuration of data bases, which is necessary to accomplish such benchmarks reliably. The methodical competence includes the whole instruments of social science research, e.g. the adequate construction of scales. Additionally online-specific characteristics are to be considered, where web-based questioning services differ from traditional questioning methods. The content wise competence combining several experts from different aspects of Knowledge Management (human, organizational, technical) makes for a profound and holistic analysis. Thus the Fraunhofer Knowledge Management Community is able to derive meaningful indicators of the entire spectrum of important issues and the use of Knowledge Management tools. The advantage of the Benchmarking Online Service lies in the ability to create complex and multipage benchmarking surveys. It is possible to use the expertise of former surveys by editing and copying existing question types and layouts. The design is fully customizable and adaptable. No software downloads or plug-ins are required. Additionally respondents are prevented from retaking the benchmarking survey more than once by password protection. Access for registered members and/or anonymous is possible. An important feature of the tool is the real-time benchmark (quantitative and/or qualitative) giving the respondents the opportunity to reflect on their own situation in contrast to other German companies. The quality of the immediate feedback is increased by using customizable report filters. For the preparation of the in depth analysis the data is transfered into SPSS.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2005
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - Germany (416)
- The impact of forgiving wording and question context on social desirability bias in sensitive surveys...; 2009; Naher, A.- F., Krumpal, I.
- Interactive feedback can improve accuracy of responses in web surveys; 2009; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R., Galesic, M.
- The influence of the field time on data quality in list-based Web surveys; 2009; Goeritz, A., Stieger, S.
- Twisting Rating Scales: Horizontal versus Vertical Visual Analogue Scales versus Categorical Scales...; 2009; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Are Respondents Sharing their Mobile Phones? Preliminary results based on a mobile phone panel in Germany...; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Potential of self-administered mobile surveys; 2009; Bosnjak, M.
- Dynamic feedback in open-ended questions: Experiments on the visual design language of Web surveys; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Effects of monetary incentives on participation in a two-wave online survey; 2009; Bandilla, W., Haas, I.
- Comparing the results of Web surveys on volunteer versus probabilistically selected panels of participants...; 2009; Galesic, M.
- Representativeness of Mobile Internet Surveys - A comparative study of CAMI vs. CATI ; 2009; Maier, U., Neubarth, W., Grosser, A., Hombach, A.
- Using flash type questions – stroke of luck or curse for data quality?; 2009; Laufer, S., Klapproth, U., Noll, S.
- Generic or Project-Specific Mail? – The Influence of Invitations on Response Behaviour in the...; 2009; Schroll, S.
- Results from 6 Independent Web Experiments Comparing Visual Analogue Scales with Categorical Scales; 2009; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- An Online Study on Coping with Anxiety and Disease-Specific Internet Use in Panic Attack Sufferers; 2009; König, D., Hiebler, C., Kryspin-Exner, I.
- Respondents’ Evaluations of Questionnaires: A Single-Item Open-Ended Instrument for Quality Control...; 2009; Baier, C., Kaczmirek, L., Züll, C.
- Volumetric Forecast based on Online Access Panels; 2009; Rodenhausen, T., Drewes, F.
- How representative are sentiments expressed in social media for the marketing target audience? A comparison...; 2009; Jarchow, C., Thomas, J.
- SNB - Social Network Barometer; 2009; Drosdow, M., Geißler, H.
- Payments via Paypal as an Incentive in Online Panels; 2009; Goeritz, A., Wolff, H.-G., Goldstein, D. G.
- Advertising Effects of Online Video Ads; 2009; Wolf, M., Schönfeldt, J.
- The impact of privacy concerns on data collection; 2009; Reips, U. -D., Joinson, A. N., Buchanan, T., Schofield Paine, C.
- Online election forecasts; 2009; Faas, T., Geißler, H.
- Why Do I Use the Social Web?” Exploring the Motives of Active and Passive Users via Focus Groups...; 2009; Jers, C., Taddicken, M., Schenk, M.
- Verbal Vs Visual Response Options: Reconciling Meanings Conveyed by a Computer Aided Visual Rating Scale...; 2009; Garland, P., Cape, P.
- Strategies for Increasing Response Rates in Web Surveys and their Differential Effects on Sample Composition...; 2009; Haas, I., Bosnjak, M., Bandilla, W., P., Galesic, M.Couper, M. P.
- GPCP: A German Version of the Scale for Online Privacy Concern and Protection for Use on the Internet...; 2009; Oostlander, J., Reips, U. -D., Buchanan, T.
- AGOF internet facts – increasing the response rate for onsite-surveys; 2009; Förstel, H.
- It’s all about customer satisfaction - Advantages and limitations of online surveys in applied...; 2009; Einhorn, M., Klein-Reesink, T., Löffler, M.
- Potential Of The Mobile Internet - What You Ask Is What You Get; 2009; Neubarth, W., Maier, U., Geißlitz, A.
- Comparing the results of Web surveys on volunteer versus probabilistically selected panels of participants...; 2009; Mirta, G.
- Using Tag Clouds to Analyse and Visualise Results of Open Ended Questions; 2009; Melles, T., Jaron, R.
- Measuring Perceived Virtual Social Support in Online Self-Help Groups; 2009; Preiß, H.
- Personalization as Strategy to Increase Response Rates; 2009; Althoff, S.
- Integrating Mobile Surveys into digital market research: Recommendations for Mobile Panel operation...; 2009; Friedrich-Freksa, M., de Groote, Z., Metzger, G.
- Social Web and Self-Disclosure = Participation vs. Privacy? Exploring How Users Manage this Dilemma...; 2009; Taddicken, M., Jers, C., Schenk, M.
- The Video-Enhanced Web Survey Data Quality and Cognitive Processing of Questions; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Gender-of-Interviewer Effects in a Video-Enhanced Web Survey: Results from a Randomized Field Experiment...; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Differences in the Visual Design Language of Paper-and-Pencil Surveys Versus Web Surveys A Field Experimental...; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Mobility, Flexibility and Identity - How the use of mobile questionnaires improves the data quality...; 2009; Hellwig, O., Wirth, T.
- Evaluating two different mobile survey approaches: personal mobile panel research and ad-hoc mobile...; 2009; Friedrich-Freksa, M., Metzger, G.
- Online Reputation Systems: The Effects of Feedback Comments and Reactions on Building and Rebuilding...; 2009; Utz, S., Matzat, U., Snijders, C.
- Coverage- und Nonresponse-Effekte bei Online-Bevölkerungsumfragen ; 2009; Bandilla, W., Kaczmirek, L., Blohm, M., Neubarth, W.
- Using the World-Wide Web to obtain large-scale word norms: 190,212 ratings on a set of 2,654 German...; 2009; Lahl, O., Goeritz, A., Pietrowsky, R., Rosenberg, J.
- The impact of the field time on response, retention, and response completeness in list-based Web surveys...; 2009; Goeritz, A., Stieger, S.
- Human-Survey Interaction: Usability and Nonresponse in Online Surveys; 2008; Kaczmirek, L.
- Internet-basierte Messung sozialer Erwünschtheit: Theoretische Grundlagen und experimentelle Untersuchung...; 2008; Kaufmann, E., Reips, U. -D.
- Sozialforschung im Internet: Methodologie und Praxis der Online-Befragung; 2008; Jackob, N., Schoen, H., Zerback, T. (eds.)
- Does speed in completing an online questionnaire have an influence on its reliability?; 2008; Montag, C., Reuter, M.
- Response Effects in Video-enhanced Web Surveys; 2008; Fuchs, M.
- Sensitive Questions in Online Surveys: Experimental Results for the Randomized Response Technique (RRT...; 2008; Coutts, E., Jann, B.