Web Survey Bibliography
Title Case Study: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Knowledge Management Online-Survey
Author Karapidis, A., Schnalzer, K., Wesoly, M.
Access date 30.03.2005
Abstract The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft undertakes applied research of direct utility to private and public enterprise and of wide benefit to society. One of the fields of research is Knowledge Management with experts located throughout Germany in seventeen different institutes. In 2004 the Fraunhofer Knowledge Management Community realized an online-benchmarking-survey concerning the current and future state of Knowledge Management in German companies. The survey was conducted using the Benchmarking Online Service developed by the Fraunhofer IAO.In a holistic approach three basic competences of web-based benchmarks were integrated: The technical competence, which is not only limited to the execution of web-based questionnaires but includes the support of the entire technical infrastructure, e.g. the configuration of data bases, which is necessary to accomplish such benchmarks reliably. The methodical competence includes the whole instruments of social science research, e.g. the adequate construction of scales. Additionally online-specific characteristics are to be considered, where web-based questioning services differ from traditional questioning methods. The content wise competence combining several experts from different aspects of Knowledge Management (human, organizational, technical) makes for a profound and holistic analysis. Thus the Fraunhofer Knowledge Management Community is able to derive meaningful indicators of the entire spectrum of important issues and the use of Knowledge Management tools. The advantage of the Benchmarking Online Service lies in the ability to create complex and multipage benchmarking surveys. It is possible to use the expertise of former surveys by editing and copying existing question types and layouts. The design is fully customizable and adaptable. No software downloads or plug-ins are required. Additionally respondents are prevented from retaking the benchmarking survey more than once by password protection. Access for registered members and/or anonymous is possible. An important feature of the tool is the real-time benchmark (quantitative and/or qualitative) giving the respondents the opportunity to reflect on their own situation in contrast to other German companies. The quality of the immediate feedback is increased by using customizable report filters. For the preparation of the in depth analysis the data is transfered into SPSS.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2005
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Online Data Collection: Strategies for Research; 2005; Granello, D. H., Wheaton, J. E.
- Eight tips offer best practices for online MR; 2005; Kottler, R. E.
- Get the most from Net-based panel research; 2005; Philpott, G.
- Evaluation of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Young People Using a Web-Based Survey Technique.; 2005; Chung, J. H., des Roches, C. M., Meunier, J., Eavey, R. D.
- The psychometric properties of pen-and-pencil and internet versions of the midlife women's symptom index...; 2005; Im, E. O., Chee, W., Bender, M., Cheng, C.- Y., Tsai, H.- M., Kang, N. M., Lee, H. S.
- Personality of people using Chat: An on-line research; 2005; Anolli, L., Villani, D., Riva, G.
- An overview of the ethics of cyber-space research and the implication for nurse educators; 2005; Haigh, C., Jones, N. A.
- Build and Field Surveys Online, Easily; 2005; King, N.
- Technical Writers Turn to Web Surveys; 2005; Vriend, P.
- Taking surveys to the next level; 2005; Chen, A.
- PhpESP stands test of time; 2005; Rapoza, J.
- Conducting Primary Research Online; 2005; Foy, A.
- Persuasiveness on the Internet: Factors influencing participation in Web survey; 2005; Zajac, J.
- Consumer adoption of online grocery buying: a discriminant analysis; 2005; Hansen, T.
- Demands on web survey tools for epidemiological research; 2005; Baelter, O., Baelter, K.
- Unit (non)response in Web-based access panel surveys: An extended planned-behavior approach; 2005; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L., Wittmann, W. W.
- Challenges of Internet Recruitment: A Case Study with Disappointing Results; 2005; Koo, M., Skinner, H.
- Conjoint-Analysen im Internet. Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen; 2005; Melles, T., Daiber, A.
- TV research Online: The strenght of the Eco-Symbols; 2005; Mocigemba, D.
- Options of automating internet-based Career-counselling - an example; 2005; Montel, C.
- Online Interviews as an Instrument of the Development of Organizations. A Meta-Analysis of Online Surveys...; 2005; Poetschke, M., Simonson, J.
- Ein online Experiment: Varianten der online Fragebogengestaltung und ihr Einfluss auf die Bearbeitungseffizienz...; 2005; Sabin, S., Jirasko, M.
- The Quality of Ego-Centered Network Data: A comparison of online versus offline data collection; 2005; Snijders, C., Matzat, U.
- Data Quality in On-line Surveys; 2005; Stangl, A.
- Do not touch data from late-received online questionnaires: Analysis of late responder in a closed-pool...; 2005; Stieger, S., Voracek, M.
- Dynamic Interviewing Program (DIP): Online- Interviews via ICQ; 2005; Stieger, S., Reips, U. -D.
- Effects of online surveys on data quality; 2005; Taddicken, M., Reiser, S.
- Challenges in conducting longitudinal randomized controlled trials online - The story of evaluating...; 2005; Davidovich, U.
- The spam problem from the point of view of the working group NEON; 2005; Escher, C., von Heesen, B., Lipsmeier, G., Dallwitz-Wegner, D., Daiber, A.
- Onlinebefragungen kostenlos - Der "Befrager"; 2005; Hansen, C.
- CIAO - Online Research-Barometer; 2005; Irmer, C.
- Analysing and visualising logfiles: the Individualised SiteMap tool ISM; 2005; Kralisch, A., Berendt, B.
- www.eccor-panel.org - Ein deutsch-polnisches Online-Access-Panel als Messstation kultureller Werte und...; 2005; Krawietz, M.
- Using mobile technology to increase responses of people with an active lifestyle; 2005; Neubarth, W., Kaczmirek, L., Bosnjak, M., Bandilla, W.
- Online graphic rating scales; 2005; Siegmar, O.
- Optimizing Prize Values in Web Surveys: Further Examination of the Immediacy Effect; 2005; Tuten, T. L., Galesic, M., Bosnjak, M.
- Personalization, authentication and self-disclosure in self-administered Internet surveys; 2005; Joinson, A. N., Woodley, A., Reips, U. -D.
- Progress indicators in filter based surveys. Individual and dynamic calculation methods; 2005; Kaczmirek, L., Neubarth, W., Bosnjak, M., Bandilla, W.
- Active User Sampling. Intercept surveys without popups; 2005; Kaczmirek, L., Neubarth, W.
- Case Study: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft Knowledge Management Online-Survey; 2005; Karapidis, A., Schnalzer, K., Wesoly, M.
- The importance of ensuring anonymity in online research; 2005; Leidenfrost, B., Strassnig, B.
- Impact of Topic Salience, Survey Length, and Incentive Type on Response-Rates in a Web-Based Survey:...; 2005; Lindner, S., Marcus, B., Bosnjak, M., Pilischenko, S., Melzer, S., Schuetz, A.
- Datacollection and Datahandling with the crosssite Sample of the OnSite-Survey in the AGOF Project "...; 2005; Lipsmeier, G.
- Lessons From An Online Experiment; 2005; Loewe, G., Read, D., Airoldi, M.
- Web survey response rates compared to other modes - A meta-analysis; 2005; Lozar Manfreda, K., Bosnjak, M., Haas, I., Vehovar, V.
- Online-Studien im Bereich b2b - Erfahrungen aus der Luftfahrtbranche; 2005; Althoff, S.
- Online Surveys in Travel Behaviour Research; 2005; Baeumer, M.
- Effects of two innovative techniques to apply incentives in online access panels; 2005; Bosnjak, M.
- The quality of internet survey data; 2005; Denscombe, M.
- Measurement of Internet usage - Survey and problems; 2005; Fisch, M.