Web Survey Bibliography
BACKGROUND: Little is known regarding the potential of Internet-based educational interventions to increase organ donor registry participation and family notification of donation wishes. We studied the effects of an Internet-based multimedia intervention (www.journey.transweb.org) on donor registry participation and family notification.
METHODS: Visitors to a specially designed web site were studied between December 14, 2000, and March 31, 2002. Demographic characteristics were requested, and a pretest was administered to one half of the participants (selected randomly) before web site content exposure. All visitors were offered a posttest. Eight knowledge questions (true/false), three attitude questions (7-point scale), and three behaviors (yes/no) were assessed.
RESULTS: A total of 10,884 visitors provided demographic data. Correct answers to knowledge questions increased from 85.1% to 87.0% overall (pretest vs. posttest; P<0.001) and from 80.6% to 82.0% for teenagers (P<0.001). Willingness to donate increased (scores of 6.34 vs. 6.39; P<0.001), as did willingness to join a donor registry (scores of 5.53 vs. 5.67; P<0.001). Willingness measures were less positive among teenagers but increased significantly after exposure to the intervention. Almost 10% of visitors directly linked to an online registry and 2,489 (23%) used the web site facilities to communicate donation wishes. Increases in knowledge were not associated with changes in attitudes, but an increase in pro-donation attitude was a significant predictor of donor registry participation (P<0.001).
CONCLUSIONS: Increases in donation attitudes among visitors to an organ donation web site resulted in positive behaviors, such as enrollment in a donor registry and family notification. Future efforts should focus on using Internet-based interventions to improve attitudes toward donation and to facilitate pro-donation behaviors.
Homepage NCBI (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (403)
- Data Editing By Reporting Enterprises; 2003; Anonymous
- Initiative and Clarification in Web-Based Surveys; 2003; Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G., Ehlen, P., Lind, L. H., Coiner, T.
- Using Fine-Grained Likert Scales in Web Surveys; 2003; Mathieson, K., Doane, D. P.
- Was based questioning procedure; 2003; Batinic, B.
- Online-Erhebungen in den Sozialwissenschaften; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Psychologische Forschung zum und im Internet; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Internet-based & Mail Survey: A Hybrid Probabilistic Survey Approach; 2003; Parackal, M.
- Interactive Features in Web Surveys; 2003; Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R.
- The Effect of Respondent and Technology Characteristics on the Intention to Participate in Internet-...; 2003; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Adjustments for non-telephone bias in random-digit-dialling surveys; 2003; Frankel, M. R., Srinath, K. P., Hoaglin, D. C.
- Mobile Phone Surveys; 2003; Vehovar, V.
- Data Collection of the 21st Century?; 2003; Giovannini, E.
- Collecting data in the information age: Exploring Web-based survey methods in educational research; 2003; Saxon, D., Garratt, D., Gilroy, P., Cairns, C.
- Tempestivit? and qualit: conceptual aspects and behaviors of answer in surveyings via Internet. An application...; 2003; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- The Impact of the Visible: Images, Spacing, and Other Visual Cues in Web Surveys; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Is the Applicability of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research limited to the Field of Information...; 2003; Roztocki, N., Lahri, N. A.
- Ten years after; 2003; Bradford, D. P.
- Are you talking to the right people?; 2003; Davis, H.
- Be prepared; 2003; Fitzgerald, A.
- Watch out for dropouts; 2003; Hogg, A., Miller, J.
- Persuasive e-mail invitations; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Online sample -- can you trust it?; 2003; Maginnis, C.
- Best practices for online research; 2003; Smith, L.
- WebSurveyor and Surveywriter; 2003; Macer, T.
- Internet surveys: limits and beyond limits; 2003; Mititelu, C.
- Validity of the Survey of Health and Internet and Knowledge Network's Panel and Sampling; 2003; Baker, L. C., Bundorf, M. K., Singer, S. J., Wagner, T. H.
- Email-Befragung unter Direktkandidaten. Methodische Erfahrungen aus Baden-Württemberg und Rheinland-...; 2003; Faas, T.
- Offline rekrutierte Access Panels: Königsweg der Online-Forschung?; 2003; Faas, T.
- Adoption of WAP-enabled mobile phones among Internet users; 2003; Teo, T. S. H., Pok, S. H.
- Conducting Research on the Internet: Online Survey Design, Development and Implementation Guidelines; 2003; Andrews, D., Nonnecke, B., Preece, J.
- Understanding the effects of audio-CASI on self-reports of sensitive behavior; 2003; Couper, M. P., Singer, E., Tourangeau, R.
- Internet-based intervention to promote organ donor registry participation and family notification; 2003; Merion, R. M., Vinokur, A. D., Couper, M. P.
- Survey Automation: Report and Workshop Proceedings; 2003; Cohen, M. L., Groves, R. M., Kalsbeek, W., Cork, D. L.
- Survey Research: In-Person, Mail, Telephone and Web Methods; 2003; Leon, J. J., Brown, W. C., Ruch, L. O., Johnson, T. E.
- The SAGE Encyclopedia of Social Science Research Methods; 2003; Lewis-Beck, M., Bryman, A. E., Futing Liao, T.
- Conducting Qualitative Research On-Line in Student Affairs; 2003; Flowers, L. A., Moore III, J. L.
- Gratification Niches of Monthly Print Magazines and the World Wide Web Among a Group of Special-Interest...; 2003; Randle, Q.
- Web survey data collection and retrieval to plan teleradiology implementation; 2003; Alaoui, A., Collmann, J. R., Johnson, J. A., Lindisch, D., Mun, S. K.
- Database Design for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2003; Pargas, R. P., Witte, J. C., Jaganathan, K., Davis, J. S.
- Prevention and Treatment of Item Nonresponse; 2003; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Huisman, M.
- Localizing TAM to meet industry’s needs utilizing mixed methodology in the Chinese TV market; 2003; Brosenne, M., Taniguchi, M., Wang, P.
- Installing peoplemeter TAM panels in 2000; 2003; Sellick-Petra, A.
- A full year of audience research with PPM. What we’ve learned so far; 2003; Webb, B. M., Patchen, R. H.
- 21st century measurement of 21st century media. PPM’s capture of radio 'dial' switching: The new...; 2003; Stinnett, S., McConochie, R. M., Goerlich, B.
- Measuring formats. Electronic measurement boosts programming; 2003; Mueller, R., Daehler, M.
- Programming and marketing in a PPM world; 2003; Rogerson, D.
- Does recall-based audience measurement truly represent the audiences of speech stations? The results...; 2003; MacKenzie, K., Ridley, B.
- Diary and telephone-based measurement of the network radio audience in the United States. A comparison...; 2003; Lapovsky, D., Evans, T. C. N.
- Keeping visitors and communication effects in site; 2003; Dahlen, M., Rosengren, S., Shulakov, N.
- Measuring consumers' Internet behavior. Unique challenges require new solutions; 2003; Fulgoni, G. M.