Web Survey Bibliography
BACKGROUND: Little is known regarding the potential of Internet-based educational interventions to increase organ donor registry participation and family notification of donation wishes. We studied the effects of an Internet-based multimedia intervention (www.journey.transweb.org) on donor registry participation and family notification.
METHODS: Visitors to a specially designed web site were studied between December 14, 2000, and March 31, 2002. Demographic characteristics were requested, and a pretest was administered to one half of the participants (selected randomly) before web site content exposure. All visitors were offered a posttest. Eight knowledge questions (true/false), three attitude questions (7-point scale), and three behaviors (yes/no) were assessed.
RESULTS: A total of 10,884 visitors provided demographic data. Correct answers to knowledge questions increased from 85.1% to 87.0% overall (pretest vs. posttest; P<0.001) and from 80.6% to 82.0% for teenagers (P<0.001). Willingness to donate increased (scores of 6.34 vs. 6.39; P<0.001), as did willingness to join a donor registry (scores of 5.53 vs. 5.67; P<0.001). Willingness measures were less positive among teenagers but increased significantly after exposure to the intervention. Almost 10% of visitors directly linked to an online registry and 2,489 (23%) used the web site facilities to communicate donation wishes. Increases in knowledge were not associated with changes in attitudes, but an increase in pro-donation attitude was a significant predictor of donor registry participation (P<0.001).
CONCLUSIONS: Increases in donation attitudes among visitors to an organ donation web site resulted in positive behaviors, such as enrollment in a donor registry and family notification. Future efforts should focus on using Internet-based interventions to improve attitudes toward donation and to facilitate pro-donation behaviors.
Homepage NCBI (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography (6799)
- Permission email messages significantly increase gambler retention; 2013; Jolley, W., Lee, A., Mizerski, R., Sadeque, S.
- How virtual corporate social responsibility dialogs generate value: A framework and propositions; 2013; Korschun, D., Du, S.
- Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and...; 2013; Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., Perrien, J.
- The moderating role of socio-semantic networks on online buzz diffusion; 2013; Lee, H., Lee, D. I., Kim, T., Kim, T., Lee, J.
- Discovering interest groups for marketing in virtual communities: An integrated approach; 2013; Wang, K. -Y., Wu, H. -J., Ting, I -H.
- “Translating” between survey answer formats; 2013; Dolnicar, S., Grün, B.
- Understanding service quality in a virtual travel community environment; 2013; Elliot, S., Li, G., Choi, C.
- Research note: E-store image, perceived value and perceived risk; 2013; Chang, E. -C., Tseng, Y. -F.
- Retail relationships in a digital age; 2013; Keeling, K., Keeling, D., McGoldrick, P.
- The Gamification of Marketing Researc; 2013; Donato, P., Link, M. W.
- Gamification Master Class; 2013; Puleston, J.
- Research Communities in Asia Pacific: A review of similarities and contrasts; 2013; Poynter, R.
- Measuring Up: Impact of mobile and segmentation on respondent behaviour; 2013; Luck, K.
- Best of Both Worlds? Can we make convenience samples representative?; 2013; Doe, P.
- Multimode, Global Scale Usage: Understanding respondent scale usage across borders and devices; 2013; Pettit, F. A., Courtright, M.
- Why Big Data is a Small Idea…and Why You Shouldn’t Worry So Much; 2013; Needel, S.
- Advanced Research Methods Training in the UK: Current Provision and Future Strategies; 2013; Moley, S., Wiles, R., Sturgis, P.
- Doing real time research: Opportunities and challenges; 2013; Back, L., Lury, C., Zimmer, R.
- ‘Digital Methods as Mainstream Methodology’: Building capacity in the research community...; 2013; Roberts, S., Hine, C., Morey, Y., Snee, H., Watson, H.
- New social media, new social science?; 2013; Woodfield, K., Morrell, G.
- Digital technology and data collection; 2013; Henriksen, B., Jewitt, C., Price, S., Sakr, M.
- The impact of website content dimension and e-trust on e-marketing effectiveness: The case of Iranian...; 2013; Rahimnia, F., Farzaneh Hassanzadeh, J.
- Service with an e-smile: Employee authenticity and customer use of web-based support services; 2013; Turel, O., Connelly, C. E., Fisk, G. M.
- Survey Breakoffs in a Computer-Assisted Telephone Interview; 2013; McGonagle, K.
- Developing a New Mixed-Mode Methodology For a Provincial Park Camper Survey in British Columbia; 2013; Dyck, B. W.
- Mode effect analysis and adjustment in a split-sample mixed-mode Web/CATI survey; 2013; Kolenikov, S., Kennedy, C.
- Exploring factors associated with respondent mode choice for surveys using mobile devices.; 2013; Walton, L.
- Responsive design for mixed-mode panel data; 2013; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S.
- Adjusting for bias in a mixed-mode CAWI survey on University students ; 2013; Clerici, R., Giraldo, A.
- Comparative analysis of data from web and face-to-face surveys. A case study on e-commerce in young...; 2013; Cappello, C., Pellegrino, D.
- Insights into Action Profiling shopping occasions for retailers through mobile and online research; 2013; Churkina, O., Morris, T.
- Mobilizing your Branded Panel: Panel data quality during the smartphone transition; 2013; Kugel, C., Brien, D., Blechman, J.
- Evaluating the left‐right dimension: Category Selection Probing conducted in an online access...; 2013; Huefken , V.
- From Face‐to‐face to Web: Consequences for Measurement of Complex and Open‐ended Questions...; 2013; Villar, A., Fitzgerald, R., Martin, P., Harrison, E., Gatrrell, L.
- Computers, Tablet & Smart Phones: The Truth about Web‐based Surveys; 2013; Merle, P., Gearhart, S., Craig, C., Rahimi, M., Brooks, M. E., Vandyke, M.
- Explaining Interview Duration in Web Surveys on Political Attitudes and Behavior: A Multilevel Approach...; 2013; Gummer, T., Rossmann, J.
- An Examination of the Relationship Between Pretest Method Results and Data Quality; 2013; Maitland, A.
- Associations Between Interactional Indicators of Problematic Questions and Systems for Coding Question...; 2013; Dykema, J., Schaeffer, N. C., Garbarski, D.
- The Technology Behind Mobile Research: Browsers vs. Apps ; 2013; Macer, T.
- Methodological, legal and technical perspectives on the feasibility of web survey paradata in German...; 2013; Sattelberger, S.
- Specific mixed-mode methodologies to include sensory disabled people in quantitative surveys; 2013; Sebastien, F., Marc, J., Patrick, I.
- An imputation approach for analyzing mixed-mode surveys; 2013; Kim, J. K., Park, S., Kim, S. Y.
- Investigating the Bias of Alternative Statistical Inference Methods in Sequential Mixed-Mode Surveys; 2013; Suzer-Gurtekin, Z., Heeringa, S. G., Valliant, R. L.
- Random versus Systematic Error in a Mixed Mode Online-Telephone Survey; 2013; Hox, J., Scherpenzeel, A., Boeve, A., Boeve, A., de Leeuw, E. D.
- Impact of mode design on reliability in longitudinal data; 2013; Cernat, A.
- Online Survey Participation via Mobile Devices: implications for nonresponse; 2013; Poggio, T., Bosnjak, M.
- Mobility and Smartphones: a pilot study of travel data collection among experienced and inexperienced...; 2013; Douhou, S., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Mobile devices a way to recruit hard-to-reach groups? Results from a pilot study comparing desk top...; 2013; Toepoel, V., Lugtig, P. J.
- The Relation of Survey Topic and Participation Behavior. Analyzing Unit Nonresponse using web-generated...; 2013; Zillmann, D., Schmitz, A., Blossfeld, H. P.
- The Attention Span of a Goldfish: Impacts of Survey Mobilization on Respondents ; 2013; Luck, K.