Web Survey Bibliography
Title Using Electronic Mail Surveys and Computer Monitored Data for Studying Computer-Mediated Communication Systems
Author Anderson, S. E., Gansneder, B. M.
Source Social Science Computer Review, 13, 1, pp. 33-47
Database Web of Science
Access date 02.04.2004
Abstract The methodology used in this study demonstrated an effective and relatively cost- and time-efficient means of studying a public telecomputing system using computer-monitored data and a lengthy electronic mail survey. The 72-item questionnaire was sent to a random sample of 600 drawn from a relatively heterogeneous population of users. The response rate was 68%. Respondents tended to be experienced computer users who used the system more and perceived it as more accessible than did nonrespondents.
Access/Direct link Web of Science (abstract)
Year of publication1995
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6359)
- Lessons Learned from the Administration of a Web-Based Survey; 2001; Mertler, C. A.
- A Comparison of Web-based and Paper-and-Pencil Library Satisfaction Survey Results; 2001; Perkins, G. H., Yuan, H.
- A Comparison of the Random Digit Dialing Telephone Survey Methodology with Internet Survey Methodology...; 2001; Chang, L. C., Krosnick, J. A.
- On-line student feedback: A pilot study ; 2001; Galbraith, L. B., Gee, P., Jennings, F., Riley, R.
- Comparing Two Survey Research Approaches: E-Mail and Web-Based Technology versus Traditional Mail ; 2001; Howes, C. M., Mailloux, M. R.
- Probability-Based Survey Research on the Internet; 2001; Krotki, K., Dennis, J. M.
- Population Censuses on the Internet; 2001; Haug, W.
- Internet Surveys - Potentials for Use in Scientific Research; 2001; Galesic, M.
- Comparing social desirability responding on world wide web and paper-administered surveys; 2001; Hancock, D. R., Flowers, C. P.
- Facilitating research; 2001; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Metaevaluation of the Web-Based ATE Survey Evaluation System; 2001; Hartmann, D., Loizides, G.
- Online Data Collection With Special Populations Over the World Wide Web; 2001; Marcell, M. M., Falls, A. L.
- Trials and Tribulations: Conducting an Online, Web-based Survey; 2001; Jankowski, N. W., Van Selm, M.
- Reliability And Comparability Of Choice-Based Measures: Online and Paper-and-Pencil Methods of Administration...; 2001; Miller, T. W., Rake, D., Sumimoto, T., Hollman, P. S.
- Experimental analysis of survey response bias over the internet: Some results from the Retirement Perspectives...; 2001; McFadden, D., Winter, J.
- Retaining Virtue in a Virtual World: E-surveys in Public Policy Research; 2001; Mallett, T.
- Literature Review of Web and E-mail Surveys, Chapter III; 2001; Schonlau, M., Fricker, R. D., Elliot, M. N.
- Comparing Two Survey Approaches: Web and Traditional Mail; 2001; Howes, C. M., Mailloux, M. R.
- Weighting for nontelephone households in RDD surveys; 2001; Ferraro, D., Brick, J. M.
- A Comparison Of Electronic Surveying By E-Mail And Web; 2001; Brawner, C. E., Felder, R. M., Allen, R. H., Brent, R., Miller, T. K.
- Satisfaction Survey by Web or by Paper? A Case Study; 2001; Laughlin, B.
- Response Rates in Internet Surveys – Experiences from an Online Expert Survey into WAP for business...; 2001; Marcussen, C. H.
- Investigating Validity in Web Surveys; 2001; Satmetrix Systems
- The Usage of the Email Message/Internet Surveys Compared With Other Methods of Collecting Data; 2001; Thistlethwaite, P. C., Luker, K., Ransdell, T.
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: Reciprocal Self-Disclosure in Internet-Based Surveys; 2001; Joinson, A. N.
- Two online surveys of Italian Internet audiences: a summary of findings; 2001; Magistretti, S.
- Advertising research in the 21st century. A new method for the Internet age; 2001; Hollier, E. A., Remington, K. C.
- The quality of online panels. A methodological test; 2001; Hoppe, M., Lamp, R.
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness in Online research; 2001; Poulsen, C. S.
- Mixing research techniques for a mixed economy; 2001; Twyman, T., Mundy, C.
- Four week radio survey. Evaluating models for extended reach and frequency; 2001; Lyall, A., Neely, M., Rungie, C. M.
- RAJAR respondents. A re-contact survey; 2001; Stockley, J., Farmer, T.
- The comparison of two radio diary methodologies; 2001; Tolkunow, E.
- Is there still a place for non-electronic measurement?; 2001; Kujawski, M., Sawinski, Z., Matuszynski, A.
- Raising responses among young people. E-diaries, phone motivation and incentives; 2001; Appel, M.
- Over the Net. Taking advantage of the Internet in radio measurement; 2001; Cohen, E., O'Hare, B., Jones, L.
- The research industry’s waning relationship with the respondent. Why fewer people are taking part...; 2001; MacElroy, W., Erickson, E., Monroe, M., Victoria, D., Bove, F.
- Beyond data gathering. Implications of CRM systems to market research; 2001; Flores, L., Briggs, R.
- Joined up research on the eHighway; 2001; Aamli, B. A., Aarts, P., Abens, R.
- Paradata. Concepts and applications; 2001; Jeavons, A.
- Opinions and experiences of university faculty regarding library research instruction: Results of a...; 2001; Gonzales, R.
- Is the internet the future of market research? The views of FMCG clients in Europe; 2001; Carnot, A., Oxley, M.
- Reducing Missing Data in Surveys: An Overview of Methods; 2001; de Leeuw, E. D.
- Platform-dependent biases in Online Research: Do Mac users really think different?; 2001; Buchanan, T., Reips, U. -D.
- A General Introduction to the Design of Questionnaires for Survey Research; 2001; Burgess, T. F.
- Chinese online consumers' responses to web-based data collection efforts: A comparison with American...; 2001; Zhang, Y., Wang, C. C. L., Chen, J. Q.
- Internet Audience Measurement: A Practitioner's View; 2001; Coffey, S.
- Documentation for 2001 Winter Internet Survey; 2001; Alvarez, M. R., Sherman, R.
- Using touch screen audio-CASI to obtain data on sensitive topics; 2001; Cooley, P. C., Rogers, S. M., Al-Tayyib, A. A., Ganapathi, L. F., Willis, G. B., Turner, C. F.
- Sample Selection and the Internet Survey of American Opinion (ISAO); 2001; VanBeselaere, C.