Web Survey Bibliography
Title List assisted Web surveys: quality, timeliness and nonresponse in the steps of the participation flow
Access date 21.04.2004
Abstract The debate on quality issues in Web surveys is open and lively. Data quality is required to satisfy the user needs. Improving the survey process quality is a precondition to have the product quality at an acceptable cost. This paper focuses on timeliness as a dimension of the quality of Web surveys and as a feature of the survey process competing with high response rate. The authors propose to identify several steps of the Web survey process and to dissect the final response rate into different components, one for each step. The aim of the research is to model the survival of the eligible respondents finding out which participants come farthest in the process of a Web survey. The analysis can help to concentrate the efforts to reduce non-response and to shorten the individual survey period length, developing also adequate weighting procedures for the collected data.
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - International Conference on Improving Surveys, 2002 (27)
- Feedback in web surveys; 2002; Hoogendoorn, A., Sikkel, D.
- Mode effects in a mail plus Internet designed census; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Dale, T., Dalheim, E., Stromme, H.
- Coverage Bias in RDD Sample Surveys due to Cellular Telephone-Only Households; 2002; Giesbrecht, L., Wright, R. A.
- Opportunities and Challenges in Web Surveys; 2002; Ezzati-Rice, T. M., Couper, M. P., Givens, J.
- Web based methodologies and techniques to monitor electronic resources use in university libraries; 2002; Civardi, M., Maffenini, W., Zavarrone, E.
- Improving Quality of Surveys; 2002; Marker, D.
- Mobile phone in sample surveys; 2002; Roy, G., Vanheuverzwyn, A.
- Effects of Mobile Phones on Telephone Survey Practice and Results; 2002; Kuusela, V., Simpanen, M.
- From Mail to Web: Improving Response Rates and Data Collection Efficiencies; 2002; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Couper, M. P., Boyd, C. J.
- Integrating paper and web instrument development to enhance efficiency and standardization; 2002; House, C. C.
- Composite Estimators for Complex Sampling; 2002; Nicolini, G., Presti, A. L.
- AESDirect. Internet Data Collection of U.S. Export Information; 2002; Horner, G. J.
- Have Telephone Surveys a Future in the 21-th century?; 2002; de Leeuw, E. D., Lepkowski, J. M., Kim, S. -W.
- Employing a mixed-mode qualitative research method prior to conducting quantitative research; 2002; Metzler, D. P., Davis, P. C.
- Evaluation of neural networks to detect suspicious answers in attitude and evaluation research; 2002; Martini, M. C.
- Web vs Mail Survey Response Rates: Comparisons for an High Education Population; 2002; Romano, M. F.
- An evaluation of the effect of response formats on data quality in Web surveys; 2002; Heerwegh, D., Loosveldt, G.
- Survey Design Features Influencing Response Rates in Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- List assisted Web surveys: quality, timeliness and nonresponse in the steps of the participation flow...; 2002; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Computer-assisted longitudinal surveys; 2002; Capiluppi, C.
- An Experiment on Computer-assisted Questionnaire Design for University Didactics Quality Measurement; 2002; Fabbris, L.
- Mail and Web Surveys: A Cost and Response Rate Comparison in a Study on Students Housing Conditions; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Web-based Survey versus Conventional Survey. The Malaysian Experience in Conducting the Internet Subscriber...; 2002; Asha, R. P.
- New Technologies and Survey Data Collection: Challenges and Opportunities; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- The development and administration of a population based Multimedia Computer Assisted Self Interview...; 2002; Robinson, E. M., Watson, P. D., Clark, T. C., Ameratunga, S. N.
- Determinants of Web mode choice in a ''Web and paper'' survey in a high education population; 2002; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- The Impact of Adding e-Interviewers To Web-Based Research; 2001; Feld, K. G.