Web Survey Bibliography
Title Research Methods on the Web: Experiences and Implications for Market Research
Author Eichman, C.
Source Net Effects 3, 2000
Access date 26.04.2004
Abstract In this paper Caroline Eichman provides examples from several online Web site survey projects to illustrate some of the emerging complexities involved in conducting online research. One main argument is that the Internet is forcing change not only in the research process, but in the skill sets required of successful research professionals. Based on her Internet-based research experiences at IBM, she provides strong evidence for the need for solid collaboration between market research, legal, customer service units, design teams and technical staff. Her main conclusion is that "The Internet is transforming the job functions and responsibilities of the market research professional".
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2000
Web Survey Bibliography - Standards, codes (445)
- Ethical issues of online communication research; 2002; Capurro, R., Pingel, C.
- Ethics of Internet Research: Contesting the Human Subjects Research Model; 2002; Bassett, E. H., O'Riordan, K.
- Representations or people?; 2002; White, M.
- What is special about the ethical issues in online research?; 2002; Elgesem, D.
- Research ethics in Internet-enabled research: Human subjects issues and methodological myopia; 2002; Walther, J. B.
- Ethical Issues for Qualitative Research in On-line Communities; 2002; Brownlow, C., O'Dell, L.
- Issues in protection of human subjects in Internet research; 2002; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Using the Internet for surveys and health research; 2002; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Shifting Articulations of Internet Privacy; 2002; Gustafson, K.
- Online Social Sciences; 2002; Batinic, B., Reips, U. -D., Bosnjak, M.
- BCE & AXA Overcome Access and Confidentiality Hurdles to Web Surveys; 2002; Anonymous
- Think before you dial; 2002; Gillin, D. L.
- Effect of trust on customer acceptance of Internet banking; 2002; Suh, B., Han, I.
- Attitudes toward Internet Privacy: Slovenian Internet users's view; 2002; Kovacic, M., Vehovar, V.
- Innovations in Survey Research: An Application of Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Sills, S.J., Song, C.
- Restricted privacy: Information privacy as a culture-specific construct; 2002; Ribak, R.
- The Impact of Privacy and Security Concerns on the Willingness to Provide Sensitive Information about...; 2002; Aoki, K., Elasmar, M. G.
- Ethics revisited: Traditional research ethics and new ethical challenges in reseraching internet contexts...; 2002; Elgesem, D.
- Internet studies and new ethical challenges - making common ground in the international researcher society...; 2002; Ess, C.
- Online Research and Anonymity; 2002; Sassenberg, K., Kreutz, S.
- An Experimental Comparison of Knowledge Networks and The GSS; 2002; Bradburn, N. M.
- Toward a Typology of Internet Users and Online Privacy Concerns; 2002; Sheehan, K. B.
- Forms of Research in MUDs; 2002; Utz, S.
- Privacy Perceptions and Online Practices; 2002; Viseu, A., Clement, A., Aspinall, J.
- Ethische Dimensionen der Online-Forschung; 2001; Dzeyk, W.
- Metaevaluation of the Web-Based ATE Survey Evaluation System; 2001; Hartmann, D., Loizides, G.
- Marketing research in the new millennium: emerging issues and trends; 2001; Malhotra, N. K., Peterson, M.
- Ethics and the Internet: Issues Associated with Qualitative Research; 2001; de Lorme, D. E., Sinkhan, G. M., French, W.
- The External Ethics Audit: A Guided Experience in Self-Directed Web Inquiry; 2001; DuFrene, D. D.
- Medical internet ethics: a field in evolution; 2001; Dyer, K. A., Thompson, C. D.
- A Primer on Internet Organizational Surveys; 2001; Simsek, Z., Veiga, J. F.
- Web research -- the final frontier?; 2001; Wickham, S., Stewart, S.
- Internet users' adoption of Web retailing: user and product dimensions; 2001; Fenech, T., O'Cass, A.
- Technical and Legal Approaches to Unsolicited Electronic Mail; 2001; Sorkin, D. E.
- Analysis of Internet Users' Level of Online Privacy Concerns; 2001; O'Neil, D.
- Dimensions of Internet Science; 2001; Reips, U. -D., Bosnjak, M.
- Improving Survey Research on the World-Wide Web Using the Randomized Response Technique; 2001; Musch, J., Broder, A., Klauer, K. C.
- Statement about Internet Polls; 2001; NCPP Polling Review Board
- Methodological variables in Web-based research that may affect results: Sample type, monetary...; 2001; O'Neil, K. M., Penrod, S. D.
- Seeking explanation in theory: Reflections on the social practices of organizations that distribute...; 2001; Robbin, A., Koball, H.
- Sampling for Web-Based Surveys; 2001; de Angelis, C.
- Strategies For Implementing An In-House Internet Based Research Capability: Lessons Learned In Leveraging...; 2001; Cookson, P.
- Publishing a Major Government Report in Electronic Format - the Implications for Social Researchers; 2001; Walker, A., Connor, S.
- Everything You Need To Know About Online Data Collection Regulations; 2001; Ustaran, E.