Web Survey Bibliography
Title Electronic data collection in Statistic Norway
Author Saebo, H.V., Gloersen, R., Sve, D.
Access date 04.05.2004
Full text doc (377k)
Abstract Electronic data and information exchange is a major issue in Statistic Norway’s new strategic plan. The purpose of electronic data collection is to minimise the response burden and to improve quality of data and efficiency of data collection in the institution. Statistics Norway is already involved in several large projects in this field. Data from all municipalities and counties are reported electronically from this year, and work is underway to establish an infrastructure that will enable us to offer all companies the possibility of reporting by the Internet. During the last years the Internet has become the main channel for disseminating statistics, and since data providers also are users of statistics, communication and feedback have come into focus. A relative large part of the statistics in the Nordic countries is based on administrative registers, and the work on developing electronic data collection also includes direct transfer from data systems of the data providers (such as accounting systems and technical systems). Other important issues in our work are how data suppliers perceive electronic questionnaires, the handling of metadata in data collection, data security and organisational aspects of data collection (for example how to treat data collected in different ways effectively). Considerations on more technical aspects such as data formats are included in the paper, but emphasis is put on strategic issues.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (full text)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (418)
- Composite Estimators for Complex Sampling; 2002; Nicolini, G., Presti, A. L.
- AESDirect. Internet Data Collection of U.S. Export Information; 2002; Horner, G. J.
- A Comparison Between Mail and Web Surveys: Response Pattern, Respondent Profile, and Data Quality; 2002; Kwak, N., Radler, B.T.
- Beyond logs and surveys: In-depth measures of people's Web use skills; 2002; Hargittai, E.
- Problems Confronting Japanese Marketing Research Industry: Report of Attitude Study Findings from Research...; 2002; Kobayashi, K.
- Have Telephone Surveys a Future in the 21-th century?; 2002; de Leeuw, E. D., Lepkowski, J. M., Kim, S. -W.
- Employing a mixed-mode qualitative research method prior to conducting quantitative research; 2002; Metzler, D. P., Davis, P. C.
- Evaluation of neural networks to detect suspicious answers in attitude and evaluation research; 2002; Martini, M. C.
- Design of Web Survey Questionnaires: Three Basic Experiments; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z., Vehovar, V.
- Do it yourself, Web-style; 2002; Glowa, T.
- Using phone methods in a digital age; 2002; Fitzgerald, A.
- Designing a Strategy for Reducing "No Opinion" Responses in Web-Based Surveys; 2002; de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Characteristics of the Discussion in Online and Face-to-Face Focus Groups; 2002; Schneider, S. J., Kerwin, J., Frechtling, J., Vivari, B. A.
- Get your conjoint online, in several flavors; 2002; Deal, K.
- Think before you dial; 2002; Gillin, D. L.
- Developing and validating an instrument for measuring user-perceived web quality; 2002; Aladwani, A. M., Palvia, P. C.
- Post-industrial transformations and cyber-space: a cross-national analysis of Internet development; 2002; Robison, K. K., Crenshaw, E. M.
- Calling all customers; 2002; Long, J., Whinston, A. B., Tomak, K.
- Citizen Surveys on the Web: General Population Surveys of Community Opinion; 2002; Miller, T. I., Miller Kobayashi, M., Caldwell, E., Thurston, S., Collett, B.
- Methods of Internet data collection and implications for recruiting respondents; 2002; Roos, M.
- Online, but on target? Internet-based MBA courses; 2002; McGorry, S. Y.
- An Internet survey for perceptions of computers and the World Wide Web: relationship, prediction, and...; 2002; Shu Shenga, L.
- Social Networks of Intensive Internet Users; 2002; Hlebec, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Attitudes toward Internet Privacy: Slovenian Internet users's view; 2002; Kovacic, M., Vehovar, V.
- A Comparison of Quality in Open-end Responses and Response Rates Between Web-based and Paper and Pencil...; 2002; MacElroy, B., Mikucki, J., McDowell, P.
- Use of Pre-incentives in an Internet Survey; 2002; Downes-Le Guin, T., Janowitz, P., Stone, R., Khorram, S.
- Internet loyalty programs: Lessons learned for Internet-based development research; 2002; Moskowitz, H., Khubani, A., Stanley, J.
- Establishing data validity in conjoint: Experiences with Internet-based ‘mega-studies’; 2002; Moskowitz, H., Moskowitz, J., Beckley, J., Mascuch, T., Adams, J., Sendros, A., Keeling, C.
- Personality research on the Internet: A comparison of Web-based and traditional instruments in take-...; 2002; Cronk, B. C., West, J. L.
- SurveyMonkey.com - Web-Based Survey and Evaluation System: http://www.SurveyMonkey.com; 2002; Gordon, A.
- Innovations in Survey Research: An Application of Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Sills, S.J., Song, C.
- Online survey techniques: Current issues and future trends; 2002; Comley, P.
- Online Longitudinal Survey Research: Viability and Participation; 2002; Hiskey, S., Troop, N.A.
- Online Surveys and Internet Research; 2002; Comley, P.
- Work-life balance among Croatian employees: role time commitment, work-home interference and well-being...; 2002; Sverko, B.B., Araasic, L., Galesic, M.
- BOOK REVIEW: Internet communications and qualitative research: A hand-book for research online; 2002; Dowling, Z.
- Data collection through web-based technology; 2002; Swartz, R.W., Hancock, C.
- Print versus electronic surveys: a comparison of two data collection methodologies; 2002; Boyer, K. K., Olson, J., Calantone, R. J., Jackson, E. C.
- Online Data Collection; 2002; Topp, N.W., Pawloski, B.
- PRESTO: Combining Internet survey methodologies with a student panel; 2002; Prince, K., Woodley, A., Joinson, A. N.
- The Internet and Time Displacement: A Canadian Perspective; 2002; Pronovost, G.
- The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Research; 2002; Puig, M.
- Daily Activity and Internet Use in Dual-Earner Families: A Weekly Time-Diary Approach; 2002; Fu, S.- J., Wang, R., Qui, Y.
- Navigation Patterns in Web Surveys; 2002; Ramirez, C. M.
- The Use of Online Market Research in Stakeholder Relationship Management; 2002; Reichmann, S.
- Open vs. closed questions in Web surveys; 2002; Reja, U., Lozar Manfreda, K., Hlebec, V., Vehovar, V.
- Restricted privacy: Information privacy as a culture-specific construct; 2002; Ribak, R.
- Why Internet Samples Are Inherently Biased; 2002; Neustadtl, A., Kestnbaum, M., Robinson, J. P.
- Electronic data collection in Statistic Norway; 2002; Saebo, H.V., Gloersen, R., Sve, D.
- Web vs Mail Survey Response Rates: Comparisons for an High Education Population; 2002; Romano, M. F.