Web Survey Bibliography
Title Partnering with a Newspaper to Assess Community Opinion Online
Author Downs, E.P., Lindley, A.M.
Access date 07.05.2004
Abstract The purpose of this research is to discuss the value of partnering with a local newspaper to assess community opinion online. The Tallahassee Democrat and Kerr & Downs Research are attempting to develop a representative sample of individuals in the Tallahassee area who will respond to an online survey about once a month. The project is in its introductory stage in which the newpaper is promoting the concept and encouraging individuals to go to a website to complete a brief demographic questionnaire. Respondents to the demographic questionnaire will be screened to form a demographically representative sample. Short (3 to 5 questions) questionnaires will be submitted via email to selected individuals about once a month and the results will be covered by the newspaper. The objective is to offer readers, as well as decision makers in the community, "legitimate" public opinion results in an inexpensive and periodic fashion. The presentation to AAPOR will focus on problems encountered in developing the sample, problems encountered in maintaining the sample, response rates, and the represntativeness of public opinion generated in this fashion.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - Costs (497)
- Online versus in-class faculty evaluation: Does mode really matter?; 2006; Robertson, P.
- Telephone Collection as Part of a Multimode Survey; 2006; Pierzchala, M., Guerino, P., Wilson, C., Wright, D.
- Mobile Phones - Influence on Telephone Surveys; 2006; Kuusela, V., Vehovar, V., Callegaro, M.
- Comparing the Generalizability of Online and Mail Surveys in Cross-National Service Quality Research; 2006; Deutskens, E., de Jong, K., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- On the cost-efficiency of probability sampling based mail surveys with a Web response option; 2005; Werner, P.
- Comparative Analyses of Parallel Paper, Phone, and Web Surveys: Some Effects of Reminder, Incentive...; 2005; Wygant, S., Olsen, D., Call, V., Curtin, J.
- Introduction To Survey Research Design; 2005; Owens, L. K.
- Electronic Surveys – Pros and Cons; 2005; Anonymous
- The Trouble With Web Surveys; 2005; Cooper, B.
- Behavioral research and data collection via the Internet; 2005; Birnbaum, M. H., Reips, U. -D.
- Inferential Potential of Non-Probability Samples; 2005; Lynn, P.
- Modes of Data Gathering in International Survey Research; 2005; Diez-Nicolás, J.
- Do internet-based surveys increase personal self-disclosure?; 2005; Hanna, R. C., Weinberg, B., Dant, R. P., Berger, P. D.
- All that Glitters is Not Gold: Examining the Perils and Obstacles in Collecting Data on the Internet; 2005; Siah, C. Y.
- Online-Questionnaire Design: Establishing Guidelines and Evaluating Existing Support; 2005; Lumsden, J., Morgan, W.
- The Status of Wireless Survey Solutions: The Emerging “Power of the Thumb”; 2005; Townsend, L.
- On the Cost-Efficiency of Mixed-Mode Data Collection with a Web Response Option: Results of a Survey...; 2005; Werner, P., Forsman, G.
- Mixed mode methods in a world of social isolates, pervasive surveillance, and ubiquitous transaction...; 2005; Groves, R. M.
- Simple Approaches to Estimating the Variance of the Propensity Score Weighted Estimator Applied on Volunteer...; 2005; Isaksson, A., Lee, Sunghee
- Migrating to a Web-based Format While Improving the Edit Process for the Public Libraries Survey; 2005; McLaughlin, J. F., Craig, T. L., O'Shea, P.
- Telephone Versus Online Surveys; 2005; Williams, T.
- A comparison study: paper-based versus web-based data collection and management; 2005; Weber, B. A., Yarandi, H., Rowe, M. A., Weber, J. P.
- Online Research: Online research captures audience insight, competitive data; 2005; Hirt-Marchand, J.
- Online Research Displacing Phone and Mail Methods.; 2005; Anonymous
- Researching Internet-Based Populations: Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Survey Research, Online...; 2005; Wright, K. B.
- Survey Automation through ActiveX components and XML Web Services; 2005; Segui, F.
- The Dutch Virtual Census of 2001; 2005; Nordholt, E. S.
- Mixed Mode Data Collection Using Paper and Web Questionnaries. A Cost and Response Rate Comparison in...; 2005; Werner, P., Forsman, G.
- Causes of Context Effects: How Questionnaire Layout Induces Measurement Error; 2005; Peytchev, A., Tourangeau, R.
- A Profile of Self-Selecting Web Respondents; 2005; Guerino, P.
- Value and Timing Strategies in Prize Draws: A Further Examination of the Immediacy Effect in Web Surveys...; 2005; Tuten, T. L., Galesic, M., Bosnjak, M.
- Comparative Analyses of Parallel Paper, Phone, and Web Surveys With and Without Incentives: What Differences...; 2005; Olsen, D., Call, V., Wygant, S.
- A Typology of Real-Time Validations in Web-Based Surveys; 2005; Peytchev, A., Crawford, S. D.
- Online has all the answers; 2005; Buxton, P.
- Technical Writers Turn to Web Surveys; 2005; Vriend, P.
- Demands on web survey tools for epidemiological research; 2005; Baelter, O., Baelter, K.
- www.eccor-panel.org - Ein deutsch-polnisches Online-Access-Panel als Messstation kultureller Werte und...; 2005; Krawietz, M.
- Web Search Savvy: Strategies and Shortcuts for Online Research; 2004; Friedman, B. G.
- Know Your Audience: A Practical Guide to Media Research; 2004; List, D.
- Web Surveys in Library Research; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- Advantages of Online Surveys; 2004; Parker, S., Schroeder, M., Fairfield-Sonn, J. W.
- Internet-Based Surveys to Elicit the Value of Risk Reductions; 2004; Hojman, P., de Dios Ortúzar, J., Rizzi, L.
- Development of an On-line Questionnaire of Teacher Beliefs and its Cost and Effectiveness; 2004; Benjamin, J., Kefover, C.
- Success Story: Gathering Data with Web-Based Surveys; 2004; Anonymous
- Web Based Surveys: An Overview; 2004; Graf, I.
- Response latency as an indicator of optimizing. A study comparing job applicants and job incumbents...; 2004; Callegaro, M., Yang, Y., Bhola, D. S., Dillman, D. A.
- Survey Errors and Survey Costs (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2004; Groves, R. M.
- Feasibility of Collecting Diary Data From Asthma Patients Through Mobile Phones and SMS (Short Message...; 2004; Anhoej, J., Moeldrup, C.
- The design and analysis of anonymous Internet marketing survey protocol; 2004; Qi, M., Ma, Q. M., Liu, Y. F.
- Pros and cons of paper and electronic surveys; 2004; Porter, S. R.