Web Survey Bibliography
Title Online Surveys and Internet Research
Author Comley, P.
Source Virtual Surveys Limited
Access date 10.05.2004
Abstract This article describes the current state of the online survey market. It particularly highlights the big differences between the US where these techniques have been widely used and Europe where they have not. It discusses the reasons for this divide and the many issues surrounding online panels and website interviewing. It also covers online qualitative methods and suggests that these may never become as mainstream as the quantitative methods (in Europe at least). It reviews areas where online research is likely to make a major impact and discusses potential future developments.
Access/Direct link Virtual Surveys Limited (full text)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeReports, seminars
Web Survey Bibliography - Reports, seminars (269)
- Global market research 2009; 2009
- Exploring mode effects in a panel survey of new businesses; 2009; Santos, B., DesRoches, D.
- comScore Media Metrix U.S. Methodlogy. An ARF research review; 2009; Cook, W. A., Pettit, R.
- Computing weights for the American National Election Study survey data; 2009; Debell, M., Krosnick, J. A.
- Association collaborative effort releases online research definitions, expands membership; 2009
- Sample Design for Understanding Society ; 2009; Lynn, P.
- The rise of survey sampling; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys 2009; 2009; The American Association for Public Opinion Research
- College Experiences Survey: Methodological Summary. Final Report; 2009; DesRoches, D., Hall, J. W., Santos, B.
- Employment Tribunal web survey: Results of an online survey 19 March - 2 April 2009; 2009; Anonymous
- Representativeness of Mobile Internet Surveys-A comparative study of CAMI vs. CATI - GOR 2009; 2009; Maier, U., Neubarth, W., Grosser, A., Hombach, A.
- Are Mode Preferences Real?; 2009; Millar, M. M., O'Neill, A. C., Dillman, D. A.
- Personal data of 600,000 on lost laptop; 2008; Evans, M.
- Online panel management practices that minimize satisficing behavior; 2008; Weber, S.
- History of the browser user agent string; 2008; Andersen, A.
- Global market research 2008; 2008
- Foundation of quality project overview; 2008
- Effects of using a grid versus a sequential form of the ACS basic demographic data; 2008; Chesnut, J.
- Understanding Society. Some preliminary results from the Wave 1 Innovation Panel ; 2008; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Internet CV surveys – a cheap, fast way to get large samples of biased values?; 2008; Lindhjem, H., Navrud, S.Navrud, S,
- Virtual Assisted Self Interviewing (VASI) : An Expansion of Survey Data Collection Methods to the Virtual...; 2008; Bell, M. W., Castronova, E., Wagner, G. G.
- Does Gender Influence Online Survey Participation? A Record-Linkage Analysis of University Faculty Online...; 2008; Smith, W. G.
- The impact of cookie deletion on the accuracy of site-server and ad-server metrics: An empirical comScore...; 2007; Abraham, M., Meierhoefer, C., Lipsman, A.
- The case for publishing (some) online polls; 2007; Taylor, H.
- Response option ordering: Reconciliating meanings conveyed by rating scale position and label. Unpublished...; 2007; Garland, P., Krosnick, J. A.
- More honest answers to surveys? A Study of data collection mode effects; 2007; Dennis, J. M., Li, R. J.
- IMRO guidelines for best practices in online sample and panel management; 2007
- ICC/ESOMAR International code on market and social research; 2007
- Global market research 2007; 2007
- Bad samples; 2007
- Can I use a panel? Panel conditioning and attrition bias in panel surveys; 2007; Das, M., Toepoel, V., van Soest, A.
- Burke panel quality R&D Summary; 2007; Miller, J.
- Guidelines for Designing Questionnaires for Administration in Different Modes; 2007; Martin, E.; Hunter, J. E.; DeMaio, T.; Hill, J.; Reiser, C.; Gerber, E.; Styles, K.; Dillman, D. A.
- Email Surveys in Educational Research: Ethical and Net-Cultural Concerns; 2007; Nguyen, C. H.
- Web-based expert surveys: The opportunities for conducting web-based elite expert surveys; 2007; Dahlberg, L.
- E-Survey Methodology; 2007; Jansen, K. J., Corley, K. G., Jansen, B. J.
- Web-based survey techniques. A synthesis of Transit practice; 2006
- Understanding people. Sample matching; 2006; Rivers, D.
- Sample matching. Representative sampling from Internet panels; 2006; Rivers, D.
- Research quality: The next MR industry challenge; 2006; Dedeker, K.
- Greenfield unveils real-time sampling; 2006
- Global market research 2006; 2006
- F-Shaped pattern for reading web content; 2006; Nielsen, J.
- Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys 2006; 2006
- Online Student Ratings: Increasing Response Rates; 2006; Nelson, D. L.
- Experience-Based Suggestions for Achieving a High Survey Response Rate; 2006; Bruce, S., Hawkins, P., Sharp, M., Keller, A.
- Selection Bias in Web Surveys and the Use of Propensity Scores; 2006; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A., Couper, M. P.
- Sampling Methods for Web and E-mail Surveys; 2006; Fricker, R. D.
- Instructing Web and Telephone Respondents to Report Date Answers in Format Desired by the Surveyor; 2005; Christian, L. M., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Assessing the Quality of Data from Online Panels: Moving Forward wiht Confidence; 2005; Smith, R.