Online research has been mainly associated with quantitative questionnaires and panels. However, recent presentations at the Qualitative Esomar conference and newly developed tools and services show that online is becoming a powerful medium for qualitative research as well.
While early online qualitative focused on replicating focus groups, new ethnographic inspired approaches to online qualitative are proving to be a powerful tool for capturing and understanding customer experiences and behaviors.
Effectively executing in-depth immersive online qualitative studies requires new skills for qualitative researchers. In this workshop attendees will learn how to design, moderate and analyze immersive and ethnographic inspired online qualitative research projects.
This hands-on, how to workshop is designed for moderators and qualitative researchers who want learn how to brief, design and execute online immersive research studies and virtual home visits. This seminar will provide a combination of conceptual learning and hands-on experience that will enable students to immediately add a new and compelling offering to their research practice.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- A methodological overview of online tools
- An overview of different type of studies and compelling case studies
- Quality criteria of online qualitative research
- Design of studies by research activities
- Creating activities to capture behaviors and emotions
- Using stimuli and projective techniques
- Recruitment and incentive strategy
- Moderating strategies for an online research project
Hands on labs will be used to give participants both technical and methodological knowledge.
- Dec 12 2013 1st Southern European Conference on Survey Methodology (SESM) and VI Congreso de Metodología de Encuestas...
- Feb 20 2014 2014 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Mar 05 2014 GOR 14 - General Online Research 2014
- Mar 23 2014 CEE Research Forum 2014
- May 05 2014 8th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 11 2014 Asia Pacific 2014
- May 15 2014 AAPOR 69th Annual Conference
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jun 27 2014 Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) Conference 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Aug 02 2014 2014 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Sep 07 2014 ESOMAR Congress 2014
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016