Stanford University, California, USA
International Workshop in Sequential Methodologies is organized every two years. The Workshop covers all aspects of sequential methodologies in mathematical statistics and information theory, from theoretical developments in optimal stopping, sequential analysis, and change detection to different applications in mathematical finance, quality control, clinical trials, and signal and image processing. The goal of the Workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from all areas within sequential methodologies.
The first Workshop was IWSM 2007 held at Auburn University in Alabama, USA. The second Workshop, IWSM 2009, took place at the University of Technology in Troyes, France.
The third and present Workshop, IWSM 2011, has three main themes:
(i) sequential and adaptive design of clinical trials and other sequential methods in biostatistics;
(ii) sequential change-point detection, quality control and surveillance, sequential methods in signal processing and sensor networks;
(iii) sequential estimation, testing, ranking and selection, optimal stopping and stochastic control, applications to finance and economics, and related topics in statistics and probability.
An additional attraction of IWSM 2011 is the Conference in Genetics, Probability, and Statistics at Stanford on June 17 & 18, followed by the IMS-WNAR Western Regional Meeting which will take place in the scenic city of San Luis Obispo on the central coast of California, midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Moreover, whereas IWSM 2009 celebrated the 75th birthday of Albert Shiryaev, IWSM 2011 will celebrate the 70th birthdays of both Gary Lorden of Caltech and David Siegmund of Stanford.
Call for Papers
- Dec 12 2013 1st Southern European Conference on Survey Methodology (SESM) and VI Congreso de Metodología de Encuestas...
- Feb 20 2014 2014 Conference on Statistical Practice
- Mar 05 2014 GOR 14 - General Online Research 2014
- Mar 23 2014 CEE Research Forum 2014
- May 05 2014 8th Annual International Conference on Sociology
- May 11 2014 Asia Pacific 2014
- May 15 2014 AAPOR 69th Annual Conference
- Jun 16 2014 1st Annual International Conference on Demography and Population Studies 2014
- Jun 27 2014 Mixed Methods International Research Association (MMIRA) Conference 2014
- Jul 13 2014 XVIII ISA World Congress of Sociology
- Aug 02 2014 2014 Joint Statistical Meetings
- Sep 07 2014 ESOMAR Congress 2014
- Oct 08 2014 The 2014 IAOS Conference on Official Statistics
- Jul 27 2015 60th ISI World Statistics Congress 2015
- Jun 20 2016 Fifth International Conference on Establishment Surveys 2016